• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Horoscopes

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I did know what a sun, moon and ascendant is but what it means no clue :)

Astrological Data used for Short Report - Personal Portraitfor Peter Pan (male)
born on 30 July 1983 local time 11:20 am
in Hattingen, GER U.T. 09:20
7e10, 51n23 sid. time 06:18:28

PLANETARY POSITIONSplanet sign degree
Sun Leo 6°39'24 in house 10
Moon Aries 6°04'15 in house 7
Mercury Leo 26°43'43 in house 11
Venus Virgo 9°07'48 end of house 11
Mars Cancer 20°40'49 in house 10
Jupiter Sagittarius 1°04'16 in house 3
Saturn Libra 28°24'05 in house 2
Uranus Sagittarius 5°09'50 in house 3
Neptune Sagittarius 26°52'07 in house 3
Pluto Libra 26°51'33 end of house 1
True Node Gemini 24°08'56 in house 9
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

HOUSE POSITIONS (Placidus)
Ascendant Libra 3°15'37
2nd House Libra 27°33'08
3rd House Scorpio 27°59'20
Imum Coeli Capricorn 4°14'09
5th House Aquarius 10°02'09
6th House Pisces 9°44'50
Descendant Aries 3°15'37
8th House Aries 27°33'08
9th House Taurus 27°59'20
Medium Coeli Cancer 4°14'09
11th House Leo 10°02'09
12th House Virgo 9°44'50

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Astrology is made up of 10 planets, Sun is just one, hence you and your sister share Aqua as your Sun sign, but may be totally different for the other 9 planets.

Can you make this clear, please?

Is our character influenced by the real, material, planets? The ones made out of stone and gas and revolving around the sun?
Is it influenced by how our earth revolves around the sun?
If then, why are you not incorporating the real, material, properties of those planets? First there is the sun, much bigger than the rest, so big actually everything else revolves around it. And so big it's making light with nuclear fusion, while no other 'planet' does that. The sun should have a bigger effect than anything else.
If you count ten, does that include Pluto as well? Why not all the other debris that's as big as Pluto?

Or is astrology a method to describe characters that has nothing to do with the real material planets? Is everything symbolic?
If then, why are you basing your conclusion on a real birth date which is determined by the place of our earth at the moment of birth?

Something does not fit here.

Again that is one sign when you have 10 planets, if you like lots of travel you probably have some planets in your 9th house or in Saggie.

As for Efficiency, NT's are big on efficiency you may not recognise it in yourself as that, but it is bound to be there, do you try and find the fast rout to do xyz in order that you can do other things etc? I'd be surprised if you lack this.
You're forgetting the procrastinating P here. Efficiency is getting things done. NTP is finding out all sorts of crazy theories that *could* make things more efficient, but meanwhile needs to catch up with the work because those crazy ideas don't help anything (yet).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh, what the hell:

Planetary positions
Sun Cancer 17°50'33 in house 7 direct
Moon Sagittarius 27°24'56 in house 12 direct
Mercury Cancer 11°06'08 in house 7 direct
Venus Cancer 23°50'30 in house 7 direct
Mars Virgo 1°48'48 in house 8 direct
Jupiter Taurus 23°47'59 in house 5 direct
Saturn Leo 4°02'39 in house 7 direct
Uranus Scorpio 3°02'05 in house 10 stationary (D)
Neptune Sagittarius 11°40'55 end of house 11 retrograde
Pluto Libra 9°03'01 in house 9 direct
True Node Scorpio 10°18'12 in house 10 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Capricorn 3°07'16
2nd House Aquarius 12°37'21
3rd House Pisces 24°07'03
Imum Coeli Aries 27°13'39
5th House Taurus 22°10'05
6th House Gemini 12°53'44
Descendant Cancer 3°07'16
8th House Leo 12°37'21
9th House Virgo 24°07'03
Medium Coeli Libra 27°13'39
11th House Scorpio 22°10'05
12th House Sagittarius 12°53'44

Major aspects

Sun Conjunction Mercury 6°44
Sun Conjunction Venus 6°00
Sun Sextile Jupiter 5°57
Moon Trine Mars 4°24
Moon Sextile Uranus 5°37
Moon Conjunction Ascendant 5°42
Mercury Quincunx Neptune 0°35
Mercury Square Pluto 2°03
Venus Sextile Jupiter 0°03
Mars Sextile Uranus 1°13
Mars Trine Ascendant 1°18
Saturn Square Uranus 1°01
Saturn Sextile Pluto 5°00
Saturn Quincunx Ascendant 0°55
Uranus Sextile Ascendant 0°05
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°38
Pluto Square Ascendant 5°56
Numbers indicate orb (deviation from the exact aspect angle).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Is our character influenced by the real, material, planets? The ones made out of stone and gas and revolving around the sun?
If then, why are you not incorporating the real, material, properties of those planets? First there is the sun, much bigger than the rest, so big actually everything else revolves around it. And so big it's making light with nuclear fusion, while no other 'planet' does that. The sun should have a bigger effect than anything else.
If you count ten, does that include Pluto as well? Why not all the other debris that's as big as Pluto?

Or is astrology a method to describe characters that has nothing to do with the real material planets? Is everything symbolic?
If then, why are you basing your conclusion on a real birth date which is determined by the place of our earth at the moment of birth?

Something does not fit here.

I think that the way it goes is that the information about date, time and place provides a "snapshot" of the way the sky looked at the moment you were born. And if you think of yourself with an orbit around you, the dawn of your horizon is your ascendant (rising) sign. And the circle is segmented into 12 "houses" or areas of concern.

And then the snapshot places those planets into your specific houses. Which is why I have the sun, mercury and venus in my 7th house - because they were all grouped together in degrees close enough to fit in one area of concern.

Because the exact time of my birth signifies that my Ascendant is Capricorn, I start counting my houses from there. So people always say that the houses go Aries (1), Taurus (2), Gemini (3), Cancer (4)... But for me *personally*, it goes Capricorn (1), Aquarius (2), Pisces (3), Aries (4)... And that means that my 7th house is Cancer. So, I have the sun, mercury and venus in Cancer, my 7th house.

So, I understand the logic of why they need the exact place and time of your birth.

Now as to why planets are said to affect you? Well, I don't have the answer for that. I suppose that most of it is collected from empirical data that has been observed since the dawn of time. All ancient, and most current, civilizations looked to the stars and documented what they saw. I guess a lot of people always refer to the moon when trying to explain effect. The moon has an obvious, well documented control of the tide. The moon has a distinct effect on the water of this planet. Why? Who knows. But we can extend this further to provide the basis of a hypothesis on why the moon would have an effect on humans, who are comprised of mostly water. We can further extend that hypothesis and ask what other celestial bodies have effects upon the earth or its inhabitants. This is what I believe is the rationale that most real astrologers would give you, if they were to deduce it.

You asked about why we don't use the characteristics of the actual planets? Well, I think they do. The sun is the largest and most vibrant. And almost every single person, Victor included, knows their sun sign. It is who you "are", so to speak. Mercury is quick moving, which is why is why the fast talking god was named mercury. Mercury, in astrology, has to do with communications and quick thinking. Mars has to do with aggression, Venus with love and beauty. You can see how the characteristics of each planet is assigned to a corresponding characteristic of personality. And a god was created and a myth was formed to give it backstory, but these bodies existed before the myths.

Why are the planets associate with mythology? I guess because they saw that certain aspects denoted particular character traits and they then associated those celestial bodies with characteristics of their own gods, much like voodoo spirits have a corresponding catholic saint, or how almost every religion has their own similar messiah with a different name. People take the things they observe and call it by the names which are familiar to them. So that's why people associate astrology with Greek gods or mythology. But the astrology itself has nothing to do with Greek gods.

As far as debris and Pluto, I think people can and try to make sense of all the garbage floating in the sky but as you know, that is damn near impossible. So they focus on the bodies that can be seen, and have an obvious orbit that can be measured over time. I can say, without a doubt, that everything in this solar system (at least) is symbiotic. From the planets orbits, right down to photosynthesis. The question I have is why people feel humankind is exempt from that.

Astrology interests me and I study the reasons why people study astrology. As to whether I believe it? Well, I am agnostic about almost everything in life.

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
154zotu.gif

aries sun, libra rising sign, sagittarius moon, aries mercury, taurus venus, cancer mars, leo jupiter, aquarius saturn, capricorn uranus & neptune, scorpio pluto

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Sun: Aries
Moon: Cancer
Mercury: Pisces
Venus: Taurus
Mars: Capricorn
Jupiter: Pisces
Saturn: Sagittarius
Neptune: Capricorn
Pluto: Scorpio

Ascendant: Scorpio

Born on April 16th

Scorpio and Aries represent me the best.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Sun Libra 9.03
Moon Leo 1.54
Mercury Libra 8.20
Venus Leo 27.21
Mars Libra 20.36
Jupiter Virgo 4.13
Saturnus Aquarius 0.12 R
Uranus Capricorn 9.54
Neptunus Capricorn 14.00
Pluto Scorpio 18.46
Ascendant Taurus 13.28
II Gemini 11.59
III Cancer 0.53
IV Cancer 18.30
V Leo 9.42
VI Virgo 13.09
VII Scorpio 13.28
VIII Sagittarius 11.59
IX Capricorn 0.53
X Capricorn 18.30
XI Aquarius 9.42
XII Pisces 13.09
Sun in VI
Moon in IV
Mercury in VI
Venus in V
Mars in VI
Jupiter in V
Saturnus in X
Uranus in IX
Neptunus in IX
Pluto in VII
Sun CJN Mercury 0.43 334
Sun VIE Uranus 0.51 -56
Sun VIE Neptunus 4.57 -10
Moon OPP Saturnus 1.43 -316
Mercury VIE Uranus 1.35 -81
Mercury VIE Neptunus 5.41 -5
Venus CJN Jupiter 6.52 105
Mars VIE X 2.06 -27
Jupiter DRI Uranus 5.41 16
Uranus CJN Neptunus 4.06 118
Uranus DRI Ascendant 3.34 17
Uranus CJN X 8.35 17
Neptunus DRI Ascendant 0.32 19
Neptunus CJN X 4.29 44
Pluto OPP Ascendant 5.17 -12
Pluto SXT X 0.16 28
698 -507 191
Chiron Leo 8.45
Ceres Scorpio 21.34
Pallas Libra 27.28
Juno Capricorn 19.04
Vesta Leo 26.21

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
tam and Entropie...

Jeno has doen a great job on some of the concept stuff...

Astrology is made of of 5 basic units - coupled with a theatre analogy

Planets = Actors
Houses = acts
Aspects = dialogue
Signs = costume

Planets Jen covered the bare bone basics, no one had any evidence on HOW they work, my personal theory is around bodily composition... we know the moon affects tides and to an extent humans... because we are mainly water, Venus - has an impact on copper (I think), Mars on Iron, Mercury... etc... I think the planetary motions around us have some impact on tiny traces within out body and create a dynamic... This is me giving an educated guess:

OK planets are the motor, the power house... they are your pots of talents - your born gifts (and handicaps).

If a person is born with a big nose of sticky out ears, until recently they live with them for life, they live with peoples reactions etc etc. Ie they are a bind for that person, planets are similar, you can work with those qualities, balance them out etc or wallow in them...

Short men are a really good analogy... some short men don't care, they get on with their lives, it doens't bother them and have a good life, other men wallow in their shortnes, start conversations about it etc... Either make the most or not.... Planets will sever you blessings and challenges, you can choose to use them optimistically or pesimitically.

Ok back to the planets..... 10 of them in moder astrology:
Very quick flick through them

Sun = the integration fo your personality.... the more you know the harder it is to figure out what the sun does... batically it's the melting pot/glue that holds your personality together. Planets making aspect to it, the house it is in and finaly the sign is resides in all have an interplay (as with all the palnets).

Moon = emotional self, relationships with women (esp mother and mother, sisters are more venus but can be moon at times), nurting and things that give you emotional security. Again.... Planets making aspect to it, the house it is in and finaly the sign is resides in all have an interplay (as with all the palnets).

Mercury - front of mind thinking (consious mind), speaking and communication skills. How you chat and process information, how you engage with people. then the standard bit.....

Venus = romantic love, adornment, ways you seduce, femininity, indulgence, money, how you spend money, to an extent values, beauty and your idea of what beautiy is, aestetic, rich food and textures, sisters

Mars = agression, sex drive, life drive, oomph, ways you loose your temper, iron, masculinity - brothers, and men in your life.

Jupiter - expansion, good fortune, stuff you are good at. Personal integrety, how you think big, religion, phylosophy etc

Saturn - disciplinarian, timekeepr, work horse, contrainer, area of difficulty, your father

Above are all the traditional planets, below are the modern ones.

Uranus = a higher octave of Mercury, rebellious, distrcted, unpredictability, querkiness, strangeness, technology, divorce, weirdnesses..... I'd say this is the planet of the ENTP... it's very creative, has a short attention spen, flits through ideas etc.....

Neptune = is the planet of the intangible, gases, water, ideas, illusions, film, lies, artist, saviour or victim, illistrations, ideas

Pluto = power and to an extent control for survivial, drive, the don't screw with me part of you.

some of the above are not really descriptors for people more for the planet.

The houses are really important.....

The begining of the house, the cusp, is really improtant about areas of your life... the 4th hosue is home (and also your non dominant parent - normally father), it's ruler - the ruler of the 4th house cusp is important to understanding your home....

Ok this is getting a bit deep I have a chart I need to read and then I will come back and give you quickie readings.... if you want them

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
entropie

Ok very quick, you have a nice chart, very easy in a fair few ways... ENTP stuff in there... Uranus opposit Chiron and moon Chiron both of which seem to have something to do with ENTPness

Sun in Leo = proud, lion, showy , likes attention etc... usually stuff you read in the papers etc....

Your sun is part of something called a grand trine... equliatreral trinangle, this is really fortuitous it means you ahve real harmoney between the sun (persoanlity), moon (emotional self) and Uranus (eccentricity)... they work nicely, so you are likely to be pleasantly bonkers... :D

Moon is in Aries, not nessesarily a good placement for the moon... aries is fiesty and it may make you feisty emotionally or be very attracted to feisty women (which I'm sure you said you weren't), Arise can be fiesty but it's short lived... so don't stay cross for long. the nice aspect to the sun is likely to tempor that.

Venus the planet of love is suare to Uranus, so this may cause a certain difficulty with relationships.... Uranus needs freedom or eccentricity etc... hence relationship and eprsonal fredom are a difficult combination to get write, you may choose an alternative relationship format than the traditional one.

Saturn and Pluto are together, power and dicipline, I suspect when you apply yourself you can really can work very hard to acheive what you want, this aspects Mercury the planet of communication, I'd say you are likely to be very good in a detailed way when you choose to apply yourself.

Your Mars is in Cancer - mars is agression, and cancer is a nurting sign, so not natrual fits. Mars in cancer often end up with women with kids (like a ready made family) or beign very nurturing, marrying young or having kids quite young, or being areal home maker etc.

Now I mentioned before that the moon was in Aries and mars is in Cancer... these two things may balance themselves out... as there is a compelx inter relationship.

There is one major stressor in your chart, which I can PM you about if you are interested in it....

Otherwise keep in mind that this is a short reading and just a quick flick over your chart

Everyone else, Susan's horoscopes are up...
xx

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
its good. yeah and it does fit.I posted it in my blog if you're interested its kinda long though.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi Tam

I've skimmed Jen's post which seems to cover a lot of this....

some of it, but someone of it there is no clear answer...

Is our character influenced by the real, material, planets?
OK astrology is the interpretation of the planets and where were at the moment of our birth for the location we are born at.... now Jen's post

The ones made out of stone and gas and revolving around the sun?

Yes - astrology interprets astonomical data... it applies centuries old means to the different planets etc....

Planetary movment around the ecliptic, so it is earth centric... it's about the person (and not the sun).....

If then, why are you not incorporating the real, material, properties of those planets? First there is the sun, much bigger than the rest, so big actually everything else revolves around it.

Because it's astrology not astronomy... :D It's interpretative... actually slower moving planets typically have more power than faster moving planets... the moon is the quickest, and it impacts emotions, Pluto the slowest, and that is more about the fabric of your being. Slow planets give of more concentrated energy if you like (even thought they are very far away - it's like get the concentrated version of the personal planets). Personal Planets are the Sun, moon, merc, venus and mars

Astrologers still in the main recognise Pluto, traditional astrologers (thems that use really ancient astrology) never recognised it in the first place (they also don't use uranus or Neptune), modern astorlogers still use it because they can see the impact... I use it personally

As for other debris... many astrologers use fixed planets and astraids, I find them a bit lame, I occationally use a few but not a big fan personally

Kind of, they are a picture of your resources...how you choose to use those resources is your own affair... but if you don't have XYZ ability you can develop it to a minor extent but it will be hard work the whole way

Jen did this bit

Thanks Jen, you did a great job

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
its good. yeah and it does fit.I posted it in my blog if you're interested its kinda long though.

Dont' worry because I've not spent a lot of time around you I wouldn't know if it was accurate or not.... but thanks for the offer

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jen,

Like Entropie - you have the ENTP signature, Uranus Chiron, Moon aspected Chiron

You are a big Cancer (venus, Sun and mercury) and relationships person, very nurturing very mothering, very caring... a bit of a mother hen. Supposedly likely to be good at cooking, but I meet more Cancer women who like to eat more than they like to cook... but the big word for this sign is to Nurture. When at home you are likely to be constantly pottering around doing something.

You have 7 planets on the right hand side of your chart, making you a bit fatalistic, and probably a bit less driven.

Sometime you comunicate to forcefully, and can be a bit domiant probably when you are on a soap box. I'd guess you are not likely not to suffer fools gladly.

Ah you have a LOVELY saggie mooon, oober optimistic, and warm.... people like to be married to women with saggie moons, theya re nice to be around.

URanus - the planet of creativity is makign a difficutl aspect from Saturn, the planet of tradition... it's likely that at some points in your life you have had to contrain your eccentricities. You want to express yourself but situations happen where you ahve to be squarer than you want to be.

Ah Venus Sexitle Jupiter, two of the best doing nice things to you...often associated with material comfort, the sextiles are weaker aspects so likely to be comfortable than oooooer rich.

Ok thats a skim read....

Lis

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks for the explanation, Tinkerbell. But it still seems a whole lot of magical reasoning to me.
Magical reasoning = links made by similarities rather than statistics. Do you have *statistical* evidence?
It's a task for any scientist to reject false connections, even if they are part of a thousand year old traditional knowledge. "Old" does not make something true. I'm totally willing to accept the astrology connection, but only if it has been proven experimentally. Until now, I've only seen statistical experiments which disprove it. I will change my mind if given evidence, but not earlier.

We can try to create statistical evidence, if you want. Take a easily testable these. Eg. "Persons who are born during the day, when the Sun was in sight, are more likely to be judging." I don't know if this is true, but it can be tested in a statistical way.
Take a lot of persons. Check when they were born. Check if they are judging. See if there is a correlation. If eg. 70% of the Js were born during the day, you can accept the these. If it's more like 50%, you've got to reject it. (If it's only 10%, you can of course accept the antithese "persons born during the day are more likely to be P").

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
hi Tam

i'm not trying to prove anything. MBTI hasn't been statistically proven according to google.

astrology does have some researh supporting (particularly gaucolain ?sp) it but just as much againt. trouble is people and astrology are both complex,like psycology are difficult to prove.

much has been written on behaviourl theory... a fair bit is guff and more still unproven.

right now its difficult to measure... but it wont be like that always

PS most astrologers are likely to trya nd test purist astrology instead of testing broader trends and seeign if they stand up to validation... I find the test the fragments of people almost certianly prone to falling over in testing... It's pretty similar to testing psycologiy, there are so many factors at play...makes it hard to test the humaness of the situation

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I should catch up and answer some of the post inbetween I've not finished...

EnF... I'll have a quick look.....

Mars in the 12th house... spiritual pursuits/understnaidng yoruself and the worldngs of the mind and the unknown, psycology and psyciatry would be of interests as would occult and deeper mean of life subjects.

Mars in here can also mean clandestine relationships. Also it can mean not understanding your anger and you may find you explode at times without reasons because something weeks previously pissed you off.

Saturn in the first house adds a maturity to your projection of personality, grown up before your time, seen as responcible, bossible a bit stoic. Saturn is unaspected, likely you will make a living at some point in avery unusal way... One person I know with this is a psycic healter, another a childrens entertainer and balloon man, street performer... basically you have a lot of ways you can make a living to support yourself.

Pluto is the first house indicates you are a powerful force in your own right, it's opposing your Sun indicating you may have issues around beign overly dominant with people, and or swamped by them... it may be you are domiant because you feel submerged... the computer says abot this "You feel that the world is opposing your deepest wishes and become explosive in response. Your life undergoes change and you react. As a child you may have been a victim of a powerful parent figure. Your challenge is to be powerful in the most positive sense of the word."

You need to learn to deal with that aspect in your life, and that is likely to take some degree of work

Jupiter in your first house/near the second... Jupiter can indicate expantion, I think financially you will be very comfortable (or a total spend thrift)... more likely the former I'd hope... You will be lucky wiht money - something about this impacts your personality and possibly makes you a bit flashy.

7th house Sun - you die if you don't ahve a relationship on the go, you would stuggle big time to be single, because you learn about yourself through relating to people.

Venus and moon in the 6th house - Venus is seduction and femaleness, Moon is nurturing motherliness and that type of thing, both are in the 6th house of small pets, staff, health and in the sign of Pisces - Ahhhhh how sweet, the most empathietic of sign. I suspect you care for a living or have had women in your life that are unwell, possibly in a chronic way. You are at your most beautiful when you are caring about other people in your day to day working regimes.

Taurus Sun means you like resources in a tangible material ways. Taurus likes heir creture comforts, so you ar elikely to enjoy a bit of decadent indulgence...

Ok this is a very quick skim read.

Lis :)