• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Westboro Baptist Church

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
*shivers* I couldn't even finish the original video. But religion is so funny. Even though all those people who actively try to hate and hunt homosexuals or whomever they please are good little bastards... I like to think it's not their fault. They were conditioned into their behaviours. We all are, to a certain degree. If someone tells me as adults they should know better... I'll say, how can they when all they've known and have been brainwashed into is to hate? You know and I know and the prick down the street knows that "Jesus" gave his hand out to a prositute and even had supper with her! (Good o'l Da Vinci for hinting that out to us, eh?)

It isn't just people who are dogmatic about faith that's the problem. It's people in general who were treated horribly as children become horrible and horribly raise children thus creating a vicious cycle we've seen since humanity picked up a stick. I'd place a bet that every child taken from an abusive or dogmaticly religious upbringing and were plopped into a loving and nurturing environment, voila~ World Peace O____O or we wait until the rest of the empathetically-handicapped, capricious bastards die out or turncoat and then World Peace at last!

If you wanna poke fun at what's stated, oh I dunno... why don't we start pointing out all the people god has killed or ordered others to kill!!! I'll start a few. He's wiped out humanity once before with a flood. He's killed Egyptian first male wittle babies. Drowned Egyptian soldiers. Asked Abraham to kill his son to prove his faith, and as Abraham was going along with it, changed his mind and said all was good cause Abraham showed he could obey.

God's so silly! Methinks he invented S&M. Heeh, I picture god from the bible like this:

God/Dom: Do as I say or else I'll punish and then piss you out with a flood!
World/Sub: YES YES, WE SHALL OBEY, MASTER!

kekeke :party2: *peeks for pitchforks*

It's a pity they give nice Christians a bad name.

Disclaimer:All ofended Christians note this was intended for humour, however it is all true so don't believe a word of what's been stated as your god might just wipe you out for believing it--

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... Even though all those people who actively try to hate and hunt homosexuals or whomever they please are good little bastards... I like to think it's not their fault. They were conditioned into their behaviours. We all are, to a certain degree. If someone tells me as adults they should know better... I'll say, how can they when all they've known and have been brainwashed into is to hate?

It reminds me of those two young girls (young [almost] teens?) who were popularized a year or two ago because their music strongly supports white supremacy. It's what they were taught, so right now it's what they believe.

I don't know. It's complex, as you say. We are all somewhat a product of our past, yet still have the ability to be open to new information. Yes, it's hard to accept new information if we were taught that it's wrong or to discount it. I suppose this is why eventually sometimes heavy-duty conflict is necessary and inevitable... to challenge people ingrained in their values who are not open to more peaceful means of reevaluation (if at all).

I'd place a bet that every child taken from an abusive or dogmaticly religious upbringing and were plopped into a loving and nurturing environment, voila~ World Peace O

That seems to be a little extreme to me, but yes, it would improve things tremendously.

. He's wiped out humanity once before with a flood.

They were bad.

He's killed Egyptian first male wittle babies.

Egypt had enslaved and abused a nation for 400 years, then had been murdering all of their baby boys, and still refused to repent.

Drowned Egyptian soldiers.

The oppressors chasing after the 400-years-enslaved people, to recapture them.

Asked Abraham to kill his son to prove his faith, and as Abraham was going along with it, changed his mind and said all was good cause Abraham showed he could obey.

Partied too hard, and it took some time for the hangover to wear off. (God's a mean drunk.)

Just poking fun back. :)

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
It reminds me of those two young girls (young [almost] teens?) who were popularized a year or two ago because their music strongly supports white supremacy. It's what they were taught, so right now it's what they believe.

I don't know. It's complex, as you say. We are all somewhat a product of our past, yet still have the ability to be open to new information. Yes, it's hard to accept new information if we were taught that it's wrong or to discount it. I suppose this is why eventually sometimes heavy-duty conflict is necessary and inevitable... to challenge people ingrained in their values who are not open to more peaceful means of reevaluation (if at all).

I'd say people who were indoctrinated with fantatic beliefs but were still raised lovingly have a better chance for reform. I'd say generally that those who were punished/involved violence and were indoctrinated fare little to no chance for reform because they border on psychotic or emotionally turbulent at best. It would take a lot of patience and reaching out to try to change these people. Yet who'd want to because we mostly just assume these people are messed up and they should shut up. When someone is a prick to you, what's your first thought? To think this person may have had a bad day/life and is venting on you (however wrongly), forgive them for it, or "What a f*ing ass!" If you do, great. But most won't. It's okay, why should they care about someone who stepped on their toes at first glance?

I'll use Muslims as an example now. Not ALL Muslims are fanatics and will kill someone of a different faith (whether people believe or not, cuz TV news only show the crazies...) I'd bet those are mostly the ones who were not raised as strictly or harshly.

I was watching a program the other day (I forget which, damnit ><!) and it was about Muslim women discussing how they are portrayed as submissive and treated harshly by their fathers/husbands/etc and that they're all seen as violent psychos. They were exclaiming how not all are this way, that it's certain groups and that they were raised in loving families (and many other Muslims too). They were allowed to cover themselves or not, some chose to, some didn't. Their religion was not to blame but the interpretation of it, I think was the point, by religious fanatics. Yet look at what the Koran states: Kill dissidents. Treat women as thus __. etc

The bible fares no different. Numerous contradictions. Hate homosexuals. Treat women as ___ etc

You can ignore or reject what you want from a religious text but then it's a denial of what it represents. It's mostly justification. "We are conquering for ___" "We are making people believe this because __ said to" "We hate them because ___ said to." Just as we justify "It may say to do ___ but we reject it because understand now that it's wrong.

I'd sooner say those Christians/Muslims actively fighting against their supposed 'foes' (homosexual/Americans/w/e) are a better represenation of what their religion and religious texts reflects. Do I agree with it, in case you might wonder :shock: ? Of course not.

That seems to be a little extreme to me, but yes, it would improve things tremendously.

I was kidding~~ somewhat @@ It'd take numerous years to take out the kinks, if such a thing would happen. I daresay we will not be alive to see it.

They were bad.

Isn't the point not to judge and to be forgiving. I know he's god and all but come on! If he can't reform people, then who can?! :shock:

Egypt had enslaved and abused a nation for 400 years, then had been murdering all of their baby boys, and still refused to repent.

I don't get god, is he selective or what! How about all the slaves of the Greeks and Romans? Nobody killed their first born. Sheesh. AND a good portion of them were bisexual! Why not kill them! H o m o s e x u a l god: :doh:

The oppressors chasing after the 400-years-enslaved people, to recapture them.

The oppressors of Christanity and Islam (and others I can't recall) thousands of years later who were playing "Who gets the biggest slice of the Earth's terrain pie?" weren't drowned when the peoples rejected them or fled? I'm beginning to think someone's gettin lazy here.

Partied too hard, and it took some time for the hangover to wear off. (God's a mean drunk.)

Just poking fun back.

Lazy and a drunk, oh my. I think Christians need to invent a new deity. Or maybe we can pick off one from the abandoned lists over the years. Zeus? Tempramental and unfaithful. Or maybe reject a deity all together! Even better!

Poking fun back~ ;) keke

However, if you are of any of the aforementioned religions, I sincerely hope I did not offend you, with or without my jokes. Or even if you took them lightly.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lazy and a drunk, oh my. I think Christians need to invent a new deity.

All hail and bow down before the mighty DeliriousDisposition!

OH great DD, what can we do to serve you? May we lick your feet and wax your chariot, oh, mighty and powerful DD, we who are not fit to roll in the dust that spills out of thy voluptuous armpits or weave blankets from the lint of thy gargantuan and infinitely deep belly button?

Oh, we await your wishes in abject terror and pray that thouest doest not destroyest us except in your tenderest mercies!!!

:devil:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

Shivering by the first song. I'm a pacisfist at heart but interrupt a funeral of a loved one I know while I'm in a turbulent state and I might just fist-f*ck them into the ground. No joke.

They shouldn't thank God for 9/11, if it was due to terroists, thank the US Government for so many years of agitating the Middle East or if conspiries are right, thank the Bush Administration. Don't thank God for Katrina, thank human greed for Earth's imbalance thus trying to wipe the virus that is humanity.

It hurts so much to see children transform into monsters. OMGosh 11 children? What, they're breeding them now?!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
All hail and bow down before the mighty DeliriousDisposition!

OH great DD, what can we do to serve you? May we lick your feet and wax your chariot, oh, mighty and powerful DD, we who are not fit to roll in the dust that spills out of thy voluptuous armpits or weave blankets from the lint of thy gargantuan and infinitely deep belly button?

Oh, we await your wishes in abject terror and pray that thouest doest not destroyest us except in your tenderest mercies!!!

:devil:

You are a scribe. Thouest has powers of flummoxing one such as I that I cannot tell if you are mocking for sport or for malice but as I am a benevolent deity, with no peer throughout the Multiverse, I shall dismiss this first slight if so and glory in my greatness as I smite a circus of tree-huging hippies!

Wherever whence you came, sweetest scapegoat Jennifer, I bask in the glory of your loquacious offerings! I designate you my Holiest of Scribes! Lay forth your frail consciousness for my divine whisperings and go forth to instruct your lowly brethren! In return, all riches are yours! Harems stocked with the most fertile of males and females await to satisfactorily implode your lust! Go forth and multiply!

For I am Double Descruction, I am Delicious Deviance, I am DeliriousDisposition!

Defy me, miscreants and I shall smoke you like a fig from the Tree of Knowledge.

kekekeke :devil:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Look, Jennifer! He's without peer! :huh:

Yes :huh: You are peers amongst one another! I have no known peer! MUAHAHA!

As a deity, you have perceived me to be male. Ahh, anthropomorphism!

(psst, as a human I represent the female~)