• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where does this great evil come from?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This great evil. Where does it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doin' this? Who's killin' us? Robbing us of life and light. Mockin' us with the sight of what we might've known. Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have you passed to this night?

-Thin Red Line.

Where does it come from?

They are the ones that have affairs.
They are the ones that break a family apart.
They are the ones that take your car after they're gone.
They are the ones that keep asking for more.
And they take your money after the divorce,
And you're left with nothing.

With their fancy cars,
Their cool friends,
Their high-paying job,
Their reputation,
And they take and take and take.

Fucking grow up.
Have some sense.
Because it's assholes like you who fuck up the world and drink and drink while there are a million thirsty.

But in the end, they win, and you lose.

Where's the god-damn fucking soul?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
It comes from here:

MPW-8514

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Evil is relative.
Evil is non-existent, as well as good.
Relativity exists, though.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Evil comes from the mind and will of human beings. If you were not evil, you would not know evil when you saw it.

I think... deep down, even the good we do contains evil in it. The essence of "evil" is control and desire. All humans want to control something that already exists to make it bend to their will, thus all humans are evil.

Of course, you could also choose to say that evil is simply an internal, instinctive system of values that places the individual who uses it on top and everyone else on bottom, and good is a similar system that inverts it, puts the people they don't care about first, and themselves last.

That's all good and evil really are, but to a human perspective they seem like a lot more, because of the fact that our brains are wired to pay so much attention to social cues and meanings.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Of course, you could also choose to say that evil is simply an internal, instinctive system of values that places the individual who uses it on top and everyone else on bottom, and good is a similar system that inverts it, puts the people they don't care about first, and themselves last.
I think you summed up our cultural understanding of the difference between good and evil quite well.

Reminds me of something we were taught in elementary school about the order in which we "should" prioritize our love and care. And that was, Jesus, Others, Yourself.

So yea, I think that prioritizing yourself last is the real meaning of our cultural understanding of the word "good". It's all about self-sacrifice. The opposite of which, "evil", is to is think of yourself first, and to self-preserve.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there's no light without dark.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps it is because we are the wimpiest of the apes and cannot survive independently. We have no fur, claws, fangs, our skin is thin and easily given to rashes, and our muscles are only a fraction as strong as our cousins even in the most powerful of our kind. Because of this human beings have an insecurity that resonates at their core and so their outlook is primarily defensive and over-reactive.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
I think you summed up our cultural understanding of the difference between good and evil quite well.

Reminds me of something we were taught in elementary school about the order in which we "should" prioritize our love and care. And that was, Jesus, Others, Yourself.

So yea, I think that prioritizing yourself last is the real meaning of our cultural understanding of the word "good". It's all about self-sacrifice. The opposite of which, "evil", is to is think of yourself first, and to self-preserve.

This "cultural understanding" which you speak of is immature and highly disrespectful.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He who is truly happy is good and struggles to be evil.

He who is truly unhappy is evil and struggles to be good.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
there's no light without dark.

I think this is backwards. Dark is the abscence of light, it is not itself substantial. It is a romanticization of evil to say good and evil are balancing forces, like yin and yang. There is what is good, what is true, what is right, or the abscence of it. :smoke:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think this is backwards. Dark is the abscence of light, it is not itself substantial. It is a romanticization of evil to say good and evil are balancing forces, like yin and yang. There is what is good, what is true, what is right, or the abscence of it. :smoke:

:yes:

OR

There is what is bad, what is false, what is wrong, or the abscence of it.

It's all inside your own mind.

Yep, and that is the beauty/ugliness of this world.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If anybody can explain me the purpose and meaning of the OP, I'll buy him/her a virtual beer.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
There is what is bad, what is false, what is wrong, or the abscence of it.

This formulation draws the attention to what deserve none, so I disagree. If you are quantifying based on what isn't rather than what is, then you are lost. :smoke: