• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you like to die?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Freezing to death in space. Does it happen in less than one second?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is this like apoptosis

apoptosismacrophage.jpg

hahah kabloowy

whats the deal as perishable entities from which mortal cells die daily to replenish new ones in order to continue this life cycle of ours the question isn't whether the fascination of the art of death defying tricks to super impose on adrenaline junkies who get a buzz out of this or demoralized folk who wanna drop like flies in teh living room.

Wheeh, i gots ta put up more flay paper.

The issue is why is Death a preoccupation with people in the first place.

This is a trigger point I've found that is caused in a unhealthy state. the body signals the brain that it is out of resources the body needs to feed the brain so the body can continue to die. hahaha

cell death is fun.

i never understood why people keep ashes and necklaces and portraits of dead people. only to remember better that they aren't here. then wouldn't this be a time to celebrate the passage that existence is something to be inspired by each waking step anew without holding onto the painful reminder that you too shall pass along this mortal coil.

how would i die, dressed in a rainbow suit i hope. :doh:

i'm needing clarification.

mortal death or metaphysical death?

because on the one had your body can die in the corporeal state yet metaphysically you could linger on.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I would like to die knowing my loves ones me had full control over their lives and were generally happy. And quick and painlessly.

wouldn't this be a time to celebrate the passage that existence is something to be inspired by each waking step anew without holding onto the painful reminder that you too shall pass along this mortal coil.

Yeah agreed.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I want to die when I'm really really old in my sleep. My grandma is 93 and is totally awesome.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Freezing to death in space. Does it happen in less than one second?

lol.
I hope you're joking.
The pressure's so low in space that even at the near absolute zero temps it would take a while for someone to freeze.
Nah you'd actually suffocate + some minor vascular damages, then when your hearth would either stop or go under hum lets say 40 beats per min the pressure of your blood wouldn't be sufficient to keep it liquid.
Should I draw you a picture ?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Drugged up on a hospital bed dreaming about flying unicorns.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol.
I hope you're joking.
The pressure's so low in space that even at the near absolute zero temps it would take a while for someone to freeze.
Nah you'd actually suffocate + some minor vascular damages, then when your hearth would either stop or go under hum lets say 40 beats per min the pressure of your blood wouldn't be sufficient to keep it liquid.
Should I draw you a picture ?

Oh wow, I always thought I would freeze before anything else happens. Indeed, a picture would be nice :nerd:

LEGERdeMAIN

Quality of life. Shouldn't such expectation of quality of/in life, be mirrored in the process from life to death?

That's your ideal, not mine. The process from life to death is non-existent. The process from conception to death can be too long, too slow and too painful. I don't really care how I die, but I'd prefer to be in control of it.

Is quality measured by lack of boringness, only? Aka, stimulation, even in death? That's the kind of last stimulation you want/remembered as your last thought?

Stimulation is important to me. I wouldn't want to die at the bottom of a highway ditch, bleeding from an car accident, for example. Also, no one will remember my last thought, including me. After death, as far as anyone knows, we just kind of decompose.

Also, I dunno whether my life will get to the point of being evaluated as 'not worthwhile' if I'm still capable to think like you did above [the scenario], and more importantly, be cognizant and physically able to pull it off, meaning, my 'quality' might not be that bad (just yet) if I can pull off what you have outlined above. Ability to achieve climbing to the top of a tree being a big indication of my still-kicking quality of life.

Right on, but if I have cancer and it metastasizes into my lungs, heart and brain, I know I'm not going to have a good quality of life for very long and I certainly won't want to be laying in a bed in overwhelming pain for last part of my life. Is that the kind of thing you'd want to suffer through?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would have recurring dreams of dying while saving people from a terrorist bomb when I was younger. Phew! Glad that phase passed. Also, I didn't like the idea that I wasn't smart enough to save myself too. :smile:

Now, I file away all of these incredible stories of people who have their mental faculties intact and can function quite well physically in their 80s and 90s. One day, they just believe they're done, come home, lie down and never wake up. I like that. No fuss, no family on tenterhooks, no losing mental faculties (most scary). I also like that in a small way, it will be my choice. The final one.

More than anything, I want to be writing well into old age and be mentally sharp. I'd be okay traveling and dying somewhere beautiful too - hopefully in the vicinity of a beautiful natural water body. Not in it, just by it. :happy:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Death by black hole. Failing that, death by F5 tornado. Not the debris -- getting sucked up into it. So on the ocean probably.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wouldn't like to die.

But... if I had to, I suppose I'd like it if I had doctors put me under anesthesia, and then remove all my organs for potential transplant into people who need them (or just for dissection/experimentation/artistic purposes, I guess, if they have no other use for the organ). Then of course, disconnect all the machines while I'm still under and let me die. I don't want to be conscious.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh wow, I always thought I would freeze before anything else happens. Indeed, a picture would be nice :nerd:

dead-space-extraction-wii.jpg

classic example.
I could pull out some screens from the alien movies, also.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I think I'd like to know it's coming so myself and everyone I care about can prepare. I think it would be easier that way. The way that sounds it would have to be a disease, which I really don't want...hmm. Is there a disease with minimal discomfort and pain where you're lucid and still functioning that allows enough time for people to accept it and to get your affairs in order? If so that, I guess. Then I want to actually die in my sleep of the mystery disease.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd like to die a human.