• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you like to die?

Qre:us

Imagine.

I want to die a healthy death.

~*~

Is there, can there be, a "healthy" way to die? What would that constitute? Can we sum it up?

Physically/mentally....

In a healthy way, with a bit of forewarning to wrap up affairs. I'm not picky on the time frame of the latter. Just enough fo some people to hear, "Thanks, man, it was hella fun." And, maybe enough time to slip in a hug [:hug:] or tu.

*ahem*

Your turn.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Medically assisted suicide, so I could finish up any loose strings. I prefer to know when I'm kicking the bucket. Though, that's ridiculous.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
3852332521_c59e8dd56c.jpg

awww, yeah.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I want to die when I'm at least sort of old, and hopefully of natural causes with at least one person I love near by.

Yeah, so, I'm boring. It's not death or being dead that scares me, it's the dying part. Ugh.

LEGERdeMAIN

When my quality of life deteriorates to the point that I can no longer do the things that make my life worthwhile, I will climb to the top of a tree with my head in a noose and shoot myself in the head, which will kind of screw up the whole hanging part of it, but just in case I survive the bullet I'll need the noose as a backup plan. Or I could just do the assisted suicide thing, but that sounds boring.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
First that video:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8L7aLDvAU"].[/YOUTUBE]

And then die..

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My plan is to become a demigod and live for thousands of years, maybe even forever. I'm serious. But sometimes I feel so tired of life, so weary of the world that I almost welcome death. If Death were to heed my call, say with a disease (for I certainly won't commit suicide), I would like to enter His arms with an extraordinary deed behind me, some act I couldn't possibly commit if I intended to stay alive. A lot of people would do something dreadful, like go to the supermarket and shoot everyone. I would do something that would change the world forever. I don't know what it would be, but it would be something the likes of which has never been seen. I think I would infiltrate a news organization and broadcast the most important message of my life, one that I'll have worked on for as little time as I've been granted. Then, with the cameras still trained upon me, I'd drink a vial of poison and Death would whisk me away in a manner most romantic.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I would like to die peacefully after accomplishing all of my goals.

Chances are, that's not going to happen.

Qre:us

I find this thread mildly threatening. :ninja:

What? :whistling:

It's not like I'm an angel of mercy in :ninja:!

Psst....:chicken:

Dying is like a box of fortune cookies....eh?

Medically assisted suicide, so I could finish up any loose strings. I prefer to know when I'm kicking the bucket. Though, that's ridiculous.

Ah...that refreshing INTJ control. :wink:

Yeah, so, I'm boring. It's not death or being dead that scares me, it's the dying part. Ugh.

Yup, death and dying...quite the separate things. One a finality, the other the very process leading to such a finality. Hence, the latter more intriguing. As the finality is just that...a finality. A certainty.

When my quality of life deteriorates to the point that I can no longer do the things that make my life worthwhile, I will climb to the top of a tree with my head in a noose and shoot myself in the head, which will kind of screw up the whole hanging part of it, but just in case I survive the bullet I'll need the noose as a backup plan. Or I could just do the assisted suicide thing, but that sounds boring.

Quality of life. Shouldn't such expectation of quality of/in life, be mirrored in the process from life to death? Is quality measured by lack of boringness, only? Aka, stimulation, even in death? That's the kind of last stimulation you want/remembered as your last thought?

Also, I dunno whether my life will get to the point of being evaluated as 'not worthwhile' if I'm still capable to think like you did above [the scenario], and more importantly, be cognizant and physically able to pull it off, meaning, my 'quality' might not be that bad (just yet) if I can pull off what you have outlined above. Ability to achieve climbing to the top of a tree being a big indication of my still-kicking quality of life.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
By being transformed into a machine to such a degree that you can't trully say that I am actually alive anymore.