• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with mystical picture

Nyx

I've seen this picture in many books, but have not been able to find who created it! I figured someone here would know...

2j5cjz9.jpg

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i hope to contribute, because this is on an astrology book of mine

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pictures in/on books are usually credited somewhere in the book- usually on the copyright page?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Nobody seems to be sure of the origin of this piece.

It's really beautiful, I must say. And the history of it (and mystery surrounding it) is pretty fascinating.

Here's a link to a cool web page about it: A Medieval Celestial Woodcut

Nyx

Thanks Wonka!

Colors, it's funny you mention it being credited in the book because I found it in an anarchist collective's manifesto. The picture is one of the first pages in the book and the paper after it clearly states their views on copyrights.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a color vector version on my computer somewhere, I always wondered what it was.

Nyx

Does anyone know what this picture is generally referred to? I was looking for it as a poster or something to take to college. Or perhaps I'll recreate it myself...