• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aura/non physical/otherworldly thread.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Natural Halucination

]
nebb - thats sounds like a ncie experience that turned out bad... I'm glad you don't get them any more.

OK a how to see Auras link... never tried to really learn, but I know it can be be learned

Aura - Learn to see your Aura image with your own eyes

The link reminds me of this visual halucination trick. Really works to some degree for a few seconds.
expand it and stare at it until it tells you to look away. When you look away look and something cool, like a paint or my avatar.lol.
see: YouTube - Natural Hallucinogen

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
"Darn it, the worms are back. :( "

Worms? I hate worms! Worms make me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a rubber room. I died there. Then the worms came... Worms? I hate worms! Worms make me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a rubber room. I died there. Then the worms came... Worms? I hate worms! Worms make me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a rubber room. I died there. Then the worms came... Worms? I hate worms! Worms make me crazy! As if yeu hadn't noticed by now ^.~

For personal things though... I've seen alot. Good and bad.

For purely supernatural occurances, like one night when much younger, I'd woken out of bed, and saw some being pretty much purely made of light, couldn't see them because they were too bright. I doubt it's a dream and I've never had any cases of hallucinating, so I doubt it was that either, but there's alot of explainations that could've covered it. Was it an angel? Probably not since it filled me with fear rather than peace. So no clue whot it was, possibly nothing at all but my imagination, but it's hard to explain such away.

Another case which involved some horrible beast looking thing in my room but I've no clue whot it was, but the detail on it at the time was far too intricate and detailed for me to buy my parent's insistance that it was just an afterimage from looking to the side quickly. Never did buy that explaination, never well. Could've been a number of other things but not sure.

One place I lived actually had a staircase I LOATHED though... constantly it felt like someone was comming down the stairs, always being watched from the stairs, no matter whot it was unnerving. It was distracting and difficult to even watch tv, because I'd have to watch the staircase as well. At one point in that house, I slept in a sleeping bag on my floor for some reason, I'm not sure why I did it, but at that time I heard something come up the stairs, it sounded like an animal of some kind, the feet on the carpet, and breathing were very low to the ground, kept my head buried under the sleeping bag but could hear it's breath right next to my head. It didn't sound all that friendly but I'm not sure whot it was. Once again, no proof of it being anything, but it's haunted me for a long time.

Less tangible experiences also can occur though, like how... interesting my life is at times. I have to jump through ridiculous numbers of hoops to get anything I truly desire; like when I first bought WoW, I got it THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED. I was able to actually first log on about 4 months later -_-; I couldn't get a credit card and prepaid credit cards weren't available here yet, and neither were the prepaid game cards, blizzard didn't accept money orders mailed, I tried even driving down to a city to get a prepaid card... my car broke down halfway there. I had almost resorted to getting someone to buy one for me and I'd pay them off, but their store ran out of prepaid cards too. Eventually I took a BUS to get there rather than risk my car again.

Same thing just happened again... setting up for going to college within the next week or two, everything that CAN go wrong, already has. And then some things that couldn't possibly have gone wrong (car breaking down again? Come off it! This's getting to be a bad running joke >.< ).

Essentially, I've learned that anything I want I am going to have to work unnaturally hard for because apparantly SOMETHING just really really hates me. And I don't mean like "that was blind luck", I mean consistant, regular, anticipated and proven fact time and time again every single time without error or deviance, I am always the exception to the rule. I don't think I've even installed a single video game in the last 10 years which has worked right out of the box without some major flaw that drove me crazy for hours or weeks on end.

Yet... the reverse is also true; if I spend ALL my monies, and give away the last bit I have... there's always more. If I give $20 to someone who needed it when it was my last $20 I had, guaranteed 100% chance within the next week I'll find $20 laying under a couch cushion, or a cheque I'd not even known about will just appear or be found, things like this... if I need monies, I'll be given such without question if I spent the last of it on someone else.

I don't know why, or if there's an intelligence at work, or if it's just some clockwork scheme of things. We can't understand nor grasp the concept of the scope of these things... but these are religious experiences.

The thing with me though, is I'm not willing to take every shred of evidence presented as being proof of my pre-conceived notion either. If I were a buddist, I'd be thinking karma and attribute it to that religion. Were I christian, I'd attribute it to satan/god. Were I an atheist, I'd attribute it to blind luck. This's obviously past blind luck though, so I do believe that something's having an influence on things beyond my capacity to understand, but there's no information on WHOT that something is. Is it bizzare rules of gameplay in the game of life? A computer program? God? Some other religion? Maybe the universe is just like a massive clockwork machine and has pre-set rules for when yeu do something, whot will happen in return? There's no evidence for WHICH is right... I can't attribute my experiences to any one cause.

Just because there's evidence of something beyond my understanding, doesn't mean it's automatically 100% guaranteed that it's also evidence of god. Hardly the case at all really. It just tells me there's SOMETHING there. I don't know whot it is, and I don't know how to describe it, or to whot extent it holds true. But I can't say "this's why I'm a _______ insert religion here" because there's nothing to state that it WAS god or allah or YHVH or whotever.

In the end, I have no clue whot the truth is, all I can do is keep searching for some direction as to whot all this crap means. I consider myself religious, but definately not blindly religious. I can't just accept "god" because that's whot people generally attribute this stuff to. There's no proof that it is god's doing, or that anything that people believe is anything more than myth and false associations.

But there are things beyond sciences' current capacity to explain, they may or may not be supernatural in nature. We flat out don't know right now. Currently, with the information provided to me, and my own personal experiences, I'd state that something exists on a supernatural level. I just don't know whot.

Maybe someday I'll find out, maybe I won't. I suppose it doesn't matter right now does it? I think the main thing is to keep one's mind open to possibilities and try to evaluate each rationally with evidence presented. And keep in mind the quote "It only makes sense that truth is stranger than fiction; after all, fiction has to stick to possibilities."

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Synistesia (?sp) is a condition where the senses are jumbled up - but there are loads of people can see auras - they don't see spoken word as colours, they see energy around people.. you can teach yourself to see auras (you can't teach yourself to have synistesia), its all about how you focus. I guess I see the odd flash (usually from a baby of a blueness around them).

Synistersia people see colours with words and stuff.. it's pretty complex and to an extent pretty cool. It's basically the senses like hearing are visiually coloured.

Auras - if you get into them are "suppose" to have 7 layers which have different functions... however I doubt this is more than supposition....

Yes, I understand that people say auras are some supernatural phenomena. I personally don't believe it. I tend to think the phenomena comes from something internal, i.e. it is like a mild form of synesthesia.

Eylrid

MBTI Type
INFP
I've had what I think are referred to as "numinous" moments. I will sometimes get them when contemplating the Universe or physics, or maybe if I'm stargazing. Characterized by an immediate sense of awe, insignificance, and the perception of the mysterious. Truly wonderful moments.

Those are the best!

G

Ginkgo

While trancing I quite literally saw Nature come to life and take shape. After that, I understood where folklore about elves, fey, dryads etc comes from.

This happens to me all the time. I can turn mundane objects into things much more interesting in my mind's eye.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The only things I've seen of the sort are shadows of nonmoving things move. Scary as fuck.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

I heard James Randi is removing his offer pretty soon. Because he knows if he keeps it up he will lose his million dollars. He's a bit a con man himself you know, the people who go to try and prove their abilities are also con men themselves but just to let you know, he is a bit of a trickster himself, he even tried to disprove Nina Kulagina by moving objects with a string himself, however that doesn't prove that she herself was moving objects with strings in any way, because she was able to move objects that were in enclosures, and obviously when he was performing his act, it was wide open space.

Nina was able to perform feats such as stopping a frog's heart, and restarting it again, she also put a man into cardiac arrest. She was able to move a ping pong ball inside a magnetically shielded container, and other objects in enclosures, under the observation of skeptical scientists as well, I would like to see James Randi fool scientists placing him under strict observation under these circumstances.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAiWoXZp828"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAiWoXZp828"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

and by the way, his million dollar offer is even a scam, you actually get a check for $10,000 and the rest is sort of an IOU paid in bonds.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Though I haven't seen auras, I do at times see images over some people that last for a brief moment. Those pictures tell me something about that person. For example, I saw a spinning merry-go-round over a woman that I had just met. As I got to know her, I found out that she was one of those people who make the same exact mistakes over and over again and never makes any progress in life. Round and round she went, complaining as she went, until I just got tired of her and cut off contact. Next time I see that over someone, I'll know not to bother with them!

I also sometimes sense a person's presence and emotional state before they enter a room, and can sometimes actually hear a person's thoughts, especially if they are close to me. It freaks them out too!lol....So, yeah, it doesn't suprise me at all that some people can see auras. Just because most people can't doesn't prove it's not real.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As discussed previously in a thread on this topic [started by yours truly, with significant contributions by others who can choose to re-identify themselves if they wish], I can sense, but not really see, auras. I'd liken it to people having various clouds extending from and rotating around their physical body, and info about the density, location, speed, quality, etc telsl you things about the person under question.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
this is real and legitimate telekinesis/psychokinesis for anyone interested.
He refers to it as the manipulation of the quantum reality field, and that's a perfectly reasonable explanation in itself if you have been following quantum theory. It's sad that most people have been fooled so many times that they no longer can distinguish what is real or not for themselves anymore, now they have to look for authorities like james randi to dictate to them what is real or not.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNhGkTP_MQ"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNhGkTP_MQ"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, I understand that people say auras are some supernatural phenomena. I personally don't believe it. I tend to think the phenomena comes from something internal, i.e. it is like a mild form of synesthesia.

No not what I mean at all - you can learn to see auras... it's a skill, you can practice if you have an eye.

Synesthesia can't turn it off, it's hard wired nurological problem....very different thing. Synesthesia don't see auras they see other senses in colour. for example, Pain is green, the word zero is yellow and the number 0 is mustard.

Auras are just halos, I'm not saying you can't have both, but they are very different. A senestisic could paint the music produced by an orchestra - someone who sees auras see halos around people in the orchestra, they are seeing living things enrgy fields - like thermals around people... Sens see weird stuff like the colour of the tempos of music.....It's really COOL....but much different.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey LL

Thought abit more about the Sen v's seeing auruas stuff when I was out... I really do agree there are definately some parallels

I can totally see where you are coming from, but a Sen's got crossed wires behind their eyes (gross simplication admittedly).... No amount of practice can turn people that way... yes you can teach your brain new neuron paths, but jumbling up the connections is not something I think you can lear/who would want too...

sorry if I sound like I'm labouring, beleive what you will I'm just trying to clarify one is an anatomy thing.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey LL

Thought abit more about the Sen v's seeing auruas stuff when I was out... I really do agree there are definately some parallels

I can totally see where you are coming from, but a Sen's got crossed wires behind their eyes (gross simplication admittedly).... No amount of practice can turn people that way... yes you can teach your brain new neuron paths, but jumbling up the connections is not something I think you can lear/who would want too...

sorry if I sound like I'm labouring, beleive what you will I'm just trying to clarify one is an anatomy thing.

Yeah I agree with a lot of your points. I understand that synesthesia is completely involuntary. However both the synesthete and the aura reader are seeing colors where a person normally would not. I personally don't think the aura reader is seeing "thermals" or "energy fields" or anything else surrounding a person. I think the aura reader is unconsciously picking up on moods and personality traits, and they associate that with a color. My point is that seeing auras is all internal just like synesthesia.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah I agree with a lot of your points. I understand that synesthesia is completely involuntary. However both the synesthete and the aura reader are seeing colors where a person normally would not. I personally don't think the aura reader is seeing "thermals" or "energy fields" or anything else surrounding a person. I think the aura reader is unconsciously picking up on moods and personality traits, and they associate that with a color. My point is that seeing auras is all internal just like synesthesia.

Aaaaaaahhhhh you are stomping into physics, a science I didn't have a wee bit of knoweldge off - so scuse me if I screw up...

People who learn to see auras teach there eyes to see a different frequency - that is all, as far as I know....

It's similar to squinty to look at paintings to see dimensions or tones of colours etc...... it's a vision skill you're teaching your eyes... so I've been told... synestisia is a nurological condition....

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

Seeing anything/everything is internal, it's the brain/mind's interpretation of the electrical impulses it receives from the sense organ. But there are things that exist in reality that you cannot easily perceive and which are not physical to begin with.

If someone can see things which you cannot, you are kind of assuming there is something wrong with them, and all of them. but without any real proof, just a general speculation. I can see the logic behind your theory but it leads to a general dismissal of all cases, and in other words, kind of narrow minded. As someone who probably believes in popular evolution theory, what makes you think that it's impossible that this may be a change in evolutionary states, and a product of heightened awareness in these newly evolved individuals?

I'm just trying to point out that you probably never put much thought into this and you are making a general dismissal without really looking into it. This is probably because of a rigid belief system but I'm also trying to appeal to the relation to your belief systems that this may actually fit in with it.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
If someone can see things which you cannot, you are kind of assuming there is something wrong with them,

I never said there was anything wrong with it. If you go back and read my original post in this thread you will see that I said it could be a helpful tool.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I tend to think the viewing of auras is somehow tied to synesthesia.
Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However don't jump to the conclusion that if I attach a fancy scientific word to something that it loses it's personal meaning. Quite the contrary. To the synesthetes the auras are meaningful. Your unconscious is trying to tell you something, so it's important to pay attention. I view the importance of auras on the same level as the importance of dreams. I think it's important to listen to the messages of your unconscious mind. I know I become more self aware as I reflect upon these unconscious signals that don't quite make sense to me at first.

yes I know but you are implying that all people who see auras are "synesthetes" (it's all in their head) and what I'm implying is that the aura/ether is there whether you see it/believe in it or not, and that certain individuals can see it, I think it's a very real thing. and are you not implying that it's not real? outside of the head?

here take a look at this, and rethink whether or not the aura/ether is an objective reality.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV-JExUPns"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV-JExUPns"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH9vAIdMqng"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH9vAIdMqng"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Nyx

I was meaning to make a thread exactly like this at some point in the last week but I didn't have time...

A few of my experiences:

The first I can remember was when I was either 12 or 13. I was sleeping, completely soundly and dreaming of something stupid (I remember this because I know what happened next was NOT a dream). Suddenly, I woke up as if someone screamed in my ear. There was no external stimuli to wake me up. I woke up and sat bolt straight up in my bed and looked forward. In front of me was a black/grey/white image of a man strangling a women. There was no noise. The two people appeared to be from the nineteenth century according to their dress. The man had dark hair and a mustache. The woman also had dark hair which was pulled up into a bun. They looked to be in their mid to late 30s. The man strangled the woman for a couple minutes and then the image slowly dissipated. I remember knocking a glass of water over because of my very sudden awakening. I also remember checking a clock after the image was gone and it was 2:14 am. I immediately went to sleep after this happened. I woke up the next morning and the glass was on the floor so I did not dream this. I have no idea what it means or what it could be caused by.

The next experience I had during a drug induced state (I don't know if I am allowed to talk about it on this part of the forum.)
At one point I was walking down the street my friend's house was on. At one point I realized I was watching myself from behind. I could see me and my two friends from behind walking down the street. I didn't realize until much later that I had an out of body experience. Then, I saw a statue of a dog that came to life and my friends and I were arguing whether it was alive or not. I was the only one who was seeing things. I also kept seeing silvery specters/spirits among the trees and such.

My last mystical experience happened to me while meditating about two years ago.

This was the beginning of my serious attempts to meditate. I had stayed over at a friends house and woke up that morning before she was awake. I decided to go into her living room to try and meditate. I would say I started to meditate a few minutes after I woke up. I sat on the floor in the lotus position and began to clear my mind. Suddenly, I was aware I was not in her living room but in what appeared to be a monastery. I have since assumed I was in Tibet, but that is just my intuition. It appeared to be dusk. I was being lead down a hallway by a young boy monk in a red robe. He took my hand and was leading me down a hallway in what I presumed was a temple. The hallway was stone and on the right hand side there were large archway openings like this kind of : http://static.relax.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/relax/1152/topImage.jpg... with a singular white candle lit on the floor in each one. The archways opened out into a courtyard I presumed.

This picture reminds me of the vision :

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/5538182_d9d21c4345.jpg

I felt like I was there...kind of like a lucid dream. I was not trying to do this it just happened like I fell into it... Has anyone else traveled during mediation? Would this be considered astral projection?

Also I don't know if this counts but a lot of times when I am asleep and someone is about to call me (either my home phone or cell phone) I wake up about 5-10 seconds before the phone rings. I have also had premonitions while sleeping about something calling me only to wake up and have that person call about ten seconds later.

That's all I can think of for now.

Oh yeah...this too... by far one of the most AMAZING things I have seen on video:

(skip to 3:00)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWHrSnGLYI"]The Great Arcanum Pt. 1[/YOUTUBE]

continues w/ Master Chang

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCaR4gD4kY"]The Great Arcanum Pt.2[/YOUTUBE]

I show it to everyone... even skeptics are shocked.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
^ Nyx I would say that astral projection is the closest thing that can define your experience, from my book of words anyways. I wish I can do it myself but I have failed to do remote viewing/astral project.

I can however manage doing some macro telekinesis/psychokinesis, I don't like to talk about it much though.

I'm going to take a look at those vids you posted in a bit, I'll get back to you after I watch them.