• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I cannot stop questioning...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
black holes have been proven in the same way that anti-matter has been proven.

I am possibly talking shit here ..but are black holes just a theory, if i am correct .. No one has ever seen one .. The physicists can't come up with a theory to explain gravity within a black hole (is that something to do with quantum machanics), they just keep on coming up with that, to the side 8 figure (infinity) .. So they are currently at a stumbling block.

Ahhh, what do i know .. Please continue :blush:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the simplest solution for the OP is this.. embrace uncertainty. I can't really offer a step-by-step guide on how to do so.. everyone's pathway is slightly different, but I suppose that should go unsaid.

Sometimes an endless quest for the 'truth'- or answers- is the answer in of itself. It at least allows room for growth, and really, that [for me], is a driving force in my life. Growth. I may not always know the definitive why's and how's. Or if ultimate, objective truth even exists at all. But if I'm questioning, and searching, then odds are high that I'm moving forward. I've learned to apply what I do 'know'- and what I do not know- to my own set of subjective values, and continually make alterations the more I learn, and don't find making these adjustments distressing. I've let go of certain expectations. Intrinsic meaning is subjective for me, and subject to change in some ways from time to time. It's like continually getting a new set of contact lenses to accomodate my evolving vision. Sometimes the transition is uncomfortable, blurred.. but even then, ultimately, I still feel closer to pure clarity with every shift [though I still don't know what perfect vision actually looks like]. The already vast horizon line stretches further back with each new turn of my scope; sometimes it's spread out so far ahead of me that it's beyond sight, but I know it's still out there.. Instead of feeling like I'm wandering around lost at that point, I welcome the new free space, and start running faster. It's all connected, so every direction in this new space is forward in some way.

This viewpoint has sort of helped me live in the present moment moreso than I had before. I'm actually able to focus on setting down the foundations for all those castles I've already built up in that infinite upper atmosphere. It's freed my mind from a lot of worry.

I'm rambling now; I hope to some degree this makes sense to you.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I am possibly talking shit here ..but are black holes just a theory, if i am correct .. No one has ever seen one .. The physicists can't come up with a theory to explain gravity within a black hole (is that something to do with quantum machanics), they just keep on coming up with that, to the side 8 figure (infinity) .. So they are currently at a stumbling block.

No.

Permabanned
I think the simplest solution for the OP is this.. embrace uncertainty. I can't really offer a step-by-step guide on how to do so.. everyone's pathway is slightly different, but I suppose that should go unsaid.

Sometimes an endless quest for the 'truth'- or answers- is the answer in of itself. It at least allows room for growth, and really, that [for me], is a driving force in my life. Growth. I may not always know the definitive why's and how's. Or if ultimate, objective truth even exists at all. But if I'm questioning, and searching, then odds are high that I'm moving forward. I've learned to apply what I do 'know'- and what I do not know- to my own set of subjective values, and continually make alterations the more I learn, and don't find making these adjustments distressing. I've let go of certain expectations. Intrinsic meaning is subjective for me, and subject to change in some ways from time to time. It's like continually getting a new set of contact lenses to accomodate my evolving vision. Sometimes the transition is uncomfortable, blurred.. but even then, ultimately, I still feel closer to pure clarity with every shift [though I still don't know what perfect vision actually looks like]. The already vast horizon line stretches further back with each new turn of my scope; sometimes it's spread out so far ahead of me that it's beyond sight, but I know it's still out there.. Instead of feeling like I'm wandering around lost at that point, I welcome the new free space, and start running faster. It's all connected, so every direction in this new space is forward in some way.

This viewpoint has sort of helped me live in the present moment moreso than I had before. I'm actually able to focus on setting down the foundations for all those castles I've already built up in that infinite upper atmosphere. It's freed my mind from a lot of worry.

I'm rambling now; I hope to some degree this makes sense to you.

It's a long path to get there. It will seem clueless to most.

Nyx

ahhh, why is this thread back? I don't need a silly reminder of my painfully solipsistic post-modernist freak out not-so-yesteryear days of yesteryear.

Lexicon: your response does make sense to me. But I found that way of thinking painful after a while... it was not enough.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Please explain yourself, or did you think what you said was persuasive just because you stated it?

you cant prove that you dont live in matrix and when you cant prove that, you cant prove enything for 100% sure.. everything you "prove" is just an assumption on things that you assume to be right

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
However using the genome, I can prove that natural selection is the origin of the species.

how do you prove that you werent lied to or how do you prove that there isnt some factor involved that havent just been noticed? you need to prove negative to prove positive and since you cant prove negative, you cant prove positive neither for 100% sure, you can only assume. not saying that you cant assume right, but thats not proving it for 100% sure if you assume things, and you can only assume. closest assumptions of truth is about what is not. when "proving" something that is, you just assume something that seems true to be true because you cant even prove what you see or hear really exists.

LEGERdeMAIN

My point was: black holes have not been empirically verified. Anti-matter has not been observed. They are both theoretical. Most would agree that black holes and antimatter are possible or probable.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
My point was: black holes have not been empirically verified. Anti-matter has not been observed. They are both theoretical. Most would agree that black holes and antimatter are possible or probable.

F.Y.I. The word empirical denotes information gained by means of observation, experience, or experiment.

On both counts you are wrong. Buying a dictionary would have saved two posts from wasting bandwidth.

LEGERdeMAIN

F.Y.I. The word empirical denotes information gained by means of observation, experience, or experiment.

On both counts you are wrong. Buying a dictionary would have saved two posts from wasting bandwidth.

Black holes have not been observed, as I stated in my past two posts. By reading an up-to-date Physics Journal you could have saved two bandwidth wasting posts.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Black holes have not been observed, as I stated in my past two posts. By reading an up-to-date Physics Journal you could have saved two bandwidth wasting posts.

Incorrect, you can observe a black hole warping light that just misses dropping within its schwarzchild radius. Now if you term, observed as 'seen visible light from' then you would be correct. However we can observe one quite easily. Antimatter is currently produced in quantity at CERN. You still failed to read the meaning of the term empirical; congratulations on a fail well done. :coffee:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQuJD7iD3w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQuJD7iD3w[/YOUTUBE]

LEGERdeMAIN

Incorrect, you can observe a black hole warping light that just misses dropping within its schwarzchild radius. Now if you term, observed as 'seen visible light from' then you would be correct. However we can observe one quite easily. Antimatter is currently produced in quantity at CERN. You still failed to read the meaning of the term empirical; congratulations on a fail well done. :coffee:

[youtube="1VQuJD7iD3w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQuJD7iD3w[/youtube]

Antimatter and Black holes are both theoretical. They are concepts which attempt to explain certain phenomena in our universe. Obviously something does exist, whether these terms and their definitions are acceptable as accurate representations of the those phenomena is debatable(and is debated within cosmology and other fields). Empirical, like most words, has many definitions. Since my liberal use of words is offensive to you, I suggest you ignore my posts. I use many of those offensive words in my posts.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Antimatter and Black holes are both theoretical. They are concepts which attempt to explain certain phenomena in our universe. Obviously something does exist, whether these terms and their definitions are acceptable as accurate representations of the those phenomena is debatable(and is debated within cosmology and other fields). Empirical, like most words, has many definitions. Since my liberal use of words is offensive to you, I suggest you ignore my posts. I use many of those offensive words in my posts.

It's much the same thing with atoms. We can't see an atom, we just infer its qualities by looking at how it interacts with known variables.