• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do I have "loose" morals?

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Do I have loose morals? Or is it more that the term "Loose" morals should be used pejorativly?

I basically said that I would find nothing wrong with my girlfriend being a webcam girl, if it was her choice and we were both ok with it and honest and stuff. And my friend said I had "loose" morals.

I think I have pretty strict morals (standards? Can they be used in the same way for what we are talking about?). I don't have many friends, because things that other people seemingly dont care about (Like being drunk drivers, willfully ignorant, and herd mentality) matter alot to me when deciding on if they are acceptable to have as close friends. Which is my way of saying people I think are good enough to give a damn about.

I think it is that my morals shape my standards.

For example, I think murdering someone whilst robbing them is immoral.

I dont think willfully chosen, safe, prostitution is immoral.

So do I have "loose" morals or DIFFERENT morals? Or are strict morals actually a bad thing? Do they become dogma? I'd like to hear some thoughts about this stuff.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think we all have strict morals, but we have strict morals about different things.
So long as a person's behavior does no real, lasting harm to anyone, it matters not imo.

What did your friend find to be immoral about the webcam girl thing?

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think we all have strict morals, but we have strict morals about different things.
So long as a person's behavior does no real, lasting harm to anyone, it matters not imo.

What did your friend find to be immoral about the webcam girl thing?

Didnt say it was, just said i had loose morals because of it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it just has more to do with most people expecting different things from a SO than they would someone else i think...i have no issue on a global level if someone willfully did something that was of no harm to anyone else...but...if that thing was something i consider something private to be shared with just me...from a SO then yeah...i'd have an issue...and expect more...but...that doesn't make it the "right" way to feel...just a personal thing...i don't believe it means you have loose morals...it's just not something that you need personally....but rather that you just have other means of judging character.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I depends on what she's doing with the webcam- one could assume either way- perhaps she just enjoys talking to people more when she can see their expressions or she may be doing something inappropriate for someone who's in a relationship. If you happen to know she is doing something inappropriate, then I would say you have loose morals because that would be unhealthy, but I don't think that's the case.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You stand by your own set of values... nothing wrong with that.

Are your morals loose?.....web cambs and prostetusion are not really my values but they are OK in yours. I agree with you on the friend thing, but they would possibly say the same thing about you in terms of the cams and prozzies.

Now would you be OK if your girlfriend was on the game? Her choice, safe environement etc?

It seems your sexual morals are far less constrained than your social morals. On the surface, the conceptual I'd be cool with this, and the reality of I'm actually cool with this are different. One only needs to make a fantisy a reality to work out that most of the it is better in your head than reality.

I have a friend who recently made a remark about hims swining... which I would find hihglt distasteful myself (I don't have issue with him being into this - he is one of my more wayward frriends).

No rights or wrongs about these things, they are just manefestations of your own values.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
If you happen to know she is doing something inappropriate, then I would say you have loose morals because that would be unhealthy, but I don't think that's the case.

Then yeu don't understand the concept of loose morals =3

Morals aren't set in stone as a whole, there are preferred ones by society, and ones yeu set yeurself. Being "loose" in yeur morals, doesn't mean yeu disagree with society, it just means yeu allow alot of wiggle room in yeur own moral standpoint.

Like if yeu said "I will never drink alcohol" and stood by it, then yeu have strict morals. If yeu said "I will never drink alcohol" and still did anyway, yeur morals are loose. If yeu went "I will only drink alcohol responsibly", then maintain such, then yeu have strong morals again. The problem here, is that the middle example falls under yeur definition of 'strict morals' but the third doesn't.

In any case, the idea of her playing on a webcam, even inappropriately? I could live with that. Everyone has different sexual preferances, and some prefer being 'public'. If yeu don't want to be public... for obvious reasons... then yeu can't cater to their desires. Allowing them to do so in a safe, controlled environment works fine. As long as it's fully understood that she doesn't gain emotional attachment elsewhere, and still gave yeu her heart, and wasn't actively physically making out with others, meaning no chance of children that aren't yeurs, or getting yeu infected with STD's, then I don't honestly see the problem, other than yeur own emotional and sexual insecurities comming into play, which have absolutely NOTHING to do with morals whotsoever.

So no, I wouldn't consider that 'loose morals' in the slightest. If anything, I'd consider them stronger than most people's, because yeu can maintain a moral obligation of emotional attachment, and care enough to allow her pleasure, rather than stomping up and down going "NO NO NO I want yeu to only please me I don't care if yeu want to be happy I just want yeu to make ME happy!" which's just morally ridiculous.

As long as yeu're willing to enforce rules and guidelines for appropriate behaviour, but still are willing to compromise in a way that yeu can agree upon, I don't see how that's "loose morals" at all.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Morals or not, I wouldn't be cool with my girl being a "webcam girl".

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
So no, I wouldn't consider that 'loose morals' in the slightest. If anything, I'd consider them stronger than most people's, because yeu can maintain a moral obligation of emotional attachment, and care enough to allow her pleasure, rather than stomping up and down going "NO NO NO I want yeu to only please me I don't care if yeu want to be happy I just want yeu to make ME happy!" which's just morally ridiculous.

As long as yeu're willing to enforce rules and guidelines for appropriate behaviour, but still are willing to compromise in a way that yeu can agree upon, I don't see how that's "loose morals" at all.

+1. I totally agree. One of my friend's and her husband occasionally have an open marriage. It has worked for them so far. I think their moral code is a lot stronger than many married couples with closed marriages for the very reason above.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
therationaledge, I masturbate to your girlfriend when she strips for me.

I bet you 50 bucks if you thought I meant that your blood pressure would raise.