• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Someone give me a quick rundown on the Zodiac

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Month Of Conception Linked To Birth Defects In United States

Onset of Menopause Linked to Birth Month

Birth Month And Short-Sightedness Linked By TAU Researchers

So scientist are out there digging in, trying to find birth month(seasonal) correlations to health. I'm sure personality will come next in the field of psychology.

At a guess 1 and 3 are environemental effects - 1 doesn't sound repeatable outside the US - the US use more pesticides.... in order to show a significant rise within a country as large are the US, it suggest that only tiny quantities of pesticides are impactful on vulnerable feotus'

3 I'm guessing is because of light quality durind the first 3 months of life (I would guess). this ought to be repeatable in other countries - specifically it ought to be compares in the sothern hemospher - which might show the opposite, late in the year short signteness - which would indicate a sun shine exposure thing.

Persumably we are genetically programmes to want sex more in September in order to inclubate babies and give birth in summer...

As for 2 I woud think there is something else going on... Something is nagging my intuition on this so leave that one with me.

In terms of how these things would relate in astrology time - I'm not sure, the longevity of the research suggests it personal planets. Let me have a think about this.

Now one thing to keep in mind in the constraints of the research 1996-2002 for the first one is only 6 years and may not get the same results if repeated - so an anomoly of that specific set of years.

In mundane astrology you look at planetary cycles - such as Saturn - which may be indicative. (The whole seven years of bumper crops and famine reported Joseph in the bible - are likely to relate to a saturn cycle.... rights of passage of kids are saturn related... 7, 14, 21, 28 - ish).

Let me think about the menapause and I'll get back to you.... I think there might be something else going on.

If you are up for a real read - try the book called "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell - which is interesting about sucessful hockey players skewing towards a specific birth month, ask kids grow up they are selected in January, so kids who are nearly 6 in January have better moto neuron contorl than those who have recently turned 5.... and the kids grow up the nearly six year old out perform - win special time and training and their end up more likely to be professionals because they 11 months older than their just turn 5 year old do. It's a good read.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok this is all just hypothesising...

If a baby girl is born in Oct... the mum has had summer for the last 5 months of her pregnancy... so more fresh fruit and veggies avaiable, more vit D (well in Europe) diatary difference etc.

If a baby is born in March conception took place in July, they miss summer foods during later staes of pregnancy. OK it is balances out with long haul foods, but that may do something to the nutraints.

It may be that the Oct born babies diet promote their fertility period in order to maximise the opportunity that their (possibly stronger/healthier) babies have a higher change of reproducing...

Ok I'm clutching straws there could be many reasons...

Date of birth linked to onset of menopause | Society | The Guardian

this article also covers soem social attitudes... and say that astrology doens't play into it, but I suspect it is more likely...certain phases on the astrological footprint are soberer, or bubbly seasonally.

Onset Of Menopause May Be Linked To Seasons

This one does tie into equinoxes... which are powerful int he astrological sense... Cardinal signs on fire....

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ok this is all just hypothesising...

If a baby girl is born in Oct... the mum has had summer for the last 5 months of her pregnancy... so more fresh fruit and veggies avaiable, more vit D (well in Europe) diatary difference etc.

If a baby is born in March conception took place in July, they miss summer foods during later staes of pregnancy. OK it is balances out with long haul foods, but that may do something to the nutraints.

It may be that the Oct born babies diet promote their fertility period in order to maximise the opportunity that their (possibly stronger/healthier) babies have a higher change of reproducing...

Now you have caught my interest. ;)

I understand it would make sense to conceive in the spring/summer months (i am thinking caveman/cavewoman here) as fruit/meat would be in abundance so having a better chance to give birth to healthier children.

I think though that there has to be more to it than that. So many factors have to be taken into account.

Example - My second kid, i was incredibly stressed throughout pregnancy with depression and other factors. There were days when i couldn't afford to eat a proper meal. Labour was induced and he came out premature (still 6lbs 4oz). My kid is rarely ill and still at 12 yrs old will not eat most things yet he is so freaking smart (ENTP and a stubborn Taurus ;)) and he is doing great even if he is the black sheep of the family (i don't mind that though)

Now the only thing i did different through both pregnancies was with No 2, i put the headphones on my tummy and played classical music. Yes i know i am daft. :)

Also, I like astrology but i don't take what the new papers/magazines say as gospal. It's just entertainment. I did recently though buy a soul astrology report. I swear to god, i don't ever give to much away when it comes to people, i am very guarded but this report was about 95% accurate, it scared me that it knew how i clicked. I know everything can be open to interpretation and i did scrutinize it, but it was good.

I rambled on there, sorry. :blush:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, I like astrology but i don't take what the new papers/magazines say as gospal. It's just entertainment. I did recently though buy a soul astrology report. I swear to god, i don't ever give to much away when it comes to people, i am very guarded but this report was about 95% accurate, it scared me that it knew how i clicked. I know everything can be open to interpretation and i did scrutinize it, but it was good.

Head phones on the bump - very cute...

Horoscopes, if they have been written by a real astrologer (some/not many are actually just journalist who make up the text), then exactly the same principals are used in terms of data analysis and interpretation. However the zodiac listed in horoscpes are actually for rising signs, and specifically rising signs at specific degree (lower scale - otherwise move to the next sign). If you cn manage to line your rising sign up to the right sign, a lot mroe the horoscope will be relevant to you. I once saved £200 because of a horoscope...

Natal scope - which I would assume is what your soul reading is... should be very relevant. You do need to be careful when looking at these things - for something called the barnum effect - which is absically you reading what you want out of a report.

I'm always wary of soul/pastlife, anything that is too etherial in terms of readings, because it's more in the teratory of unprovable. If a report said you were a plumber in a past life, how do you know it's true? If you treat these readings as entertainment then you are probably on the right track.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Month Of Conception Linked To Birth Defects In United States

Onset of Menopause Linked to Birth Month

Birth Month And Short-Sightedness Linked By TAU Researchers

So scientist are out there digging in, trying to find birth month(seasonal) correlations to health. I'm sure personality will come next in the field of psychology.

A thought on the menopause link... and again this is pure speculation. If nature tries to get more babies born in late spring/early summer (testosterone peaks around Sept) in order to protect the child. Perhaps the menopasue findings are to balance this out... giving early winter babies longer time to procreate to balance out their bad luck....? Ok I'm clutchng straws.

Now something to concider is how the research results (for each of the links) would compare in other countries - not northen hemosphere... the equator or Oz....

Snow Turtle

I've already asked this on the Astrology society board on here and had it answered. But I'll mention it again for other people. Basically since the natal charts are so wide, it can be interpreted in so many different ways that essentially it'll always cover someones personality. If it covers everything, then it's very prone to confirmation bias. This all makes astrology seem less valid since it can't really be proved false or true, the interpretations are basically taken on faith.

But I don't have too much problem with that. Sometimes I dabble with basic readings and there are some parts that I don't feel are true at all, but a professional can always say that it's because it's been countered by another aspect of your personality. Sometimes I wonder what I've gained from astrology and draw a blank, and other times I think that people doing so can fall into the trap of fatalism/destiny thinking.

You have powers to influence people, creating ripples of action and reaction wherever you go.Because of your enthusiasm and magnetism, you are cut out for positions of leadership.

Not really... but can be countered with "You can't observe yourself"

In any case your life will be colored by impulsive and rather stubborn tendencies on your part, creating some inclination to go to extremes.

How does this fit in with ISFJ exactly? I'd be attempting to avoid these issues.

Sagittarius gives you a rather strong love of nature and makes you somewhat extroverted, demonstrative and passionate, falling in love frequently and without reservations.
Your romantic life will be intense and varied. Your object of love may find you difficult to understand. In one aspect you will appear as passionate and energetic but because of the mutability of the sign you will also have an opposite tendency that will lead you away from involvement in the love affair and the latter impulse will be caused by a more inner trait, which is personal freedom.

This doesn't resonate with me at all.

You were taught very early in life to be self-reliant, and you were often given more responsibility than usual for your age.

Not really. However I acknowledge that it's because I haven't pushed myself hard enough in this department.

You pride yourself on your good judgment, but you ignore the fact that you are a taker, not a giver, except when it suits your long-range purposes.

This does seem to resonate with me but it's an aspect I dislike because it seems to imply that this is how I will be, my natural inclinations and I can't change it on a fundamental level. One of the reason I'm pushed away from Astrology.

Anyhow just a list of things that I disagree with taken from astro.com, obviously there are other sections I agree with. But if there are so many aspects that I disagree with then it sort of proves a problem. Otherwise we can just claim that it merges, and those that don't need merging is because it's true.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've already asked this on the Astrology society board on here and had it answered. But I'll mention it again. Basically since the natal charts are so wide, it can be interpreted in so many different ways that essentially it'll always cover someones personality. If it covers everything, then it's very prone to confirmation bias. This all makes astrology seem less valid since it can't really be proved false or true, the interpretations are basically taken on faith.

But I don't have too much problem with that. Sometimes I dabble with basic readings and there are some parts that I don't feel are true at all, but a professional can always say that it's because it's been countered by another aspect of your personality. I haven't really gained much from astrology, and sometimes I think that people doing so can fall into the trap of fatalism/destiny thinking.

Anyhow just a list of things that I disagree with taken from astro.com, obviously there are other sections I agree with. But if there are so many aspects that I disagree with then it sort of proves a problem. Otherwise we can just claim that it merges, and those that don't need merging is because it's true.

As I've said a few time on this thread, astrology is prone to the barnam effect - reading the bits you like and ticking them - so you need to be a bit more objective in really seeing. A good experiment is to read and highlight the bits that are right for you, then get someone else who knows you to do the same (you don't see yourself from the outside).

Astrology interpretation of any planet has a range. From the sound of you, you are thinking your life is static and you well be the same person in 20 years time. Astrologers interpretation of a given planet is the resources that are available to you... in your whole life. Right now you may be using one planet in a way that is appropriate to your age, as you grow you use it differently. As life then challenges you, you can use it negatively, when things go right you use it possitively. All in all the ranges are needed - not all of them will apply right now, some never will and some will be used later or earlier in your life.

Astro.com is very basic, but it is free.... it has no real analysis in it.

Natal scopes are one thing, people tend to like what they see that appeals to them. The real test of something is when a bad aspect hits in terms of predictions, now that is when it can be really helpful/more obvious how it works.

I'm happy to explore the subject with people, but I'm seriously not trying to convert anyone, you need to keep objective...... I'm more than happy to provide the information I can to help you explore it.

Studying the subject is highly adictive and can distract people from getting on with their lives... It's a very real problem.

Do keep in mind that a person choose to use the resorces of the planets in the way they want to, so astrologers cna't say definatively.

There is an aspect Mars/Pluto that can show rape/sexual assult in a chart. Some women experience the issue (scarily more than you would like), some choose to use this powerful energy to be professional althetes, others use their energy to develop support services for people in crisis, some just become workahaulics... so their are choices/temprament issues. What will steemroller one person will motivate another...

Happy to answer anything else..

Lots of saggie can also indicate a likling for horses, good a sports, impressive optimisim, relgious principals, forieng travel, almost always a real sparkly over christmas, women who like sex on top ;), there are a few other things, but this is top of mind. Saggies often have quite long thigh bones and a generally sunny individuals (they HATE to be confronted with relaity, and when I last studied it... were the more represented sign within a group of serial killers)....

Snow Turtle

As I've said a few time on this thread, astrology is prone to the barnam effect - reading the bits you like and ticking them - so you need to be a bit more objective in really seeing. A good experiment is to read and highlight the bits that are right for you, then get someone else who knows you to do the same (you don't see yourself from the outside).

Astrology interpretation of any planet has a range. From the sound of you, you are thinking your life is static and you well be the same person in 20 years time. Astrologers interpretation of a given planet is the resources that are available to you... in your whole life. Right now you may be using one planet in a way that is appropriate to your age, as you grow you use it differently. As life then challenges you, you can use it negatively, when things go right you use it possitively. All in all the ranges are needed - not all of them will apply right now, some never will and some will be used later or earlier in your life.

Astro.com is very basic, but it is free.... it has no real analysis in it.

Yep pretty much. It still strikes me odd that something will be in your chart, but that it might never be used. I do accept explanations that combinations can manifest in various ways at any period of time. It's one of the reasons why I don't completely reject astrology because I can't really be certain that it's definitely fake. It's a little like Fengshui for me. (Lots of people in China seem to believe in that, it's even on TV...)

But still when I say that certain things don't resonate with me at all... it's sort of like me saying "I won't smoke ever". Some people say that you should never say never. I do sort of agree that I can never be 100% certain what will happen in the future, but at least I can be fairly certain to an extent that it might as well be never.

If you don't think astro.com is good enough, what exactly would you recommend in that case?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yep pretty much. It still strikes me odd that something will be in your chart, but that it might never be used. I do accept explanations that combinations can manifest in various ways at any period of time. It's one of the reasons why I don't completely reject astrology because I can't really be certain that it's definitely fake. It's a little like Fengshui for me. (Lots of people in China seem to believe in that, it's even on TV...)

But still when I say that certain things don't resonate with me at all... it's sort of like me saying "I won't smoke ever". Some people say that you should never say never. I do sort of agree that I can never be 100% certain what will happen in the future, but at least I can be fairly certain to an extent that it might as well be never.

If you don't think astro.com is good enough, what exactly would you recommend in that case?

You sound like you have a very healthy attitude, I've been studying for years and still don't totally buy it. Healthy skeptisim bodes well in life... you seem to be able to balance this with an open mind which will serve you well. I'm a lot like this myself, the open mindedness helps me to keep my options open.

I think you are forgetting your shadow though. I have a very heavy aspect in my chart... technially if I had less morals/was less well brought up/didn't have restraint, I could be super agressive/violent (which I'm not), It seems to manefest as being a victim (one bit of my chart is about the artist the saviour or the victim), I also use a lot of drive and energy in my work, and do a lot of study on esotiric subjects - which uses this energy up better than mugging people. I am aware that I have this intense passionate drive as part of me, and to an extent I'm consious of it, but I don't play it out. Hence it's in my chart but I don't use it (which is actually what the chart says if you go over it.

I've been studying a long, long time, and smoking isn't something astrology can predict - so that is crap - probably the astrology layering their morals on you. It's just not in their.... No idea what gave you that - f it was astro.com I'm gob smacked...

Astro is about the only freebie I know because I have my own software.
If you PM me your birth date (full date with year) time (how accurate is it) and place (state and city - or if a small town nearest city), I'll pm you back.

L

Snow Turtle

You sound like you have a very healthy attitude, I've been studying for years and still don't totally buy it. Healthy skeptisim bodes well in life... you seem to be able to balance this with an open mind which will serve you well. I'm a lot like this myself, the open mindedness helps me to keep my options open.

I think you are forgetting your shadow though. I have a very heavy aspect in my chart... technially if I had less morals/was less well brought up/didn't have restraint, I could be super agressive/violent (which I'm not), It seems to manefest as being a victim (one bit of my chart is about the artist the saviour or the victim), I also use a lot of drive and energy in my work, and do a lot of study on esotiric subjects - which uses this energy up better than mugging people. I am aware that I have this intense passionate drive as part of me, and to an extent I'm consious of it, but I don't play it out. Hence it's in my chart but I don't use it (which is actually what the chart says if you go over it.

I've been studying a long, long time, and smoking isn't something astrology can predict - so that is crap - probably the astrology layering their morals on you. It's just not in their.... No idea what gave you that - f it was astro.com I'm gob smacked...

Astro is about the only freebie I know because I have my own software.
If you PM me your birth date (full date with year) time (how accurate is it) and place (state and city - or if a small town nearest city), I'll pm you back.

L

That's quite true about the negative/shadow side. I could potentially be the things suggested there if it weren't for other values pushing me away, right I can see how that would occur. Oh, the smoking part wasn't there at all. It was just an example that it's one of the things I'll probably NEVER do in my life because of my values. It was meant to represent that there are some aspects in my charts that I know fairly certainly that I'll never engage in. Some profile did once mention something about being unfaithful and having multiple partners. I can't find the exact quote anymore since it was a while back but cafe.com represents it quite well with this quote.

-264 Opposition Venus - Mars

While he is passionate, he likes carnal desires and voluptuousness above all. He goes to excess, is unfaithful and often unsatisfied. Serious family quarrels in view.

-37 Square Venus - Uranus

He looks for new sensations in love and is often unsatisfied by affairs which quickly turn into purely conventional relationships. He likes novelty, adventure, the eccentric: he is frivolous, unstable, unfaithful. Marriage is not for him and, if he does throw himself into this adventure, it will end in divorce, written off as a youthful mistake. As a result of his numerous love affairs, he makes sure his line is continued.

-22 Square Venus - Neptune

He lacks self-confidence and his ideals are not easily to achieve. In love, he is unstable, unfaithful and deceitful. He is easy-going and follows others, he does not take the initiative.

It's difficult to interpret these in other ways or how it can manifest positively. That'd be like the opposite of my idea of an ISFJ. But we've already addressed this above. Shadow potentials? Maybe.

I'll PM my date. I'm just curious as to what other source you'd suggest, doesn't necessarily have to be free. Astrology seems like something that people can easily con you with if you aren't careful when looking around.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's difficult to interpret these in other ways or how it can manifest positively. That'd be like the opposite of my idea of an ISFJ. But we've already addressed this above. Shadow potentials? Maybe.

I'll PM my date. I'm just curious as to what other source you'd suggest, doesn't necessarily have to be free. Astrology seems like something that people can easily con you with if you aren't careful when looking around.

In terms of the shadow side, does anyone really know what they are capable off in difficult circumstances? even when you are in those circumstances. I'm a pretty fiesty lass, nursed people with really desturbed behaviour perviously - so not intimidated all that easily. One day I came home and their was a junkie in my house... What did I do... I said "get out, get out my house"... no anger or anything - I was totally in shock... shaking like a leaf... he did leave in all fainess.

You really do have a screwed up Venus... I have abook that specifically looks at the outter planets to the personals, but one thing is for sure, you lovelife isn't exactly roses in the garden. Venus also rules money too.. you might have difficulties making it, managaing it, respecting it. I'll take a look... I don't mean to pry but is your sexual orientation not hetrosexual... a banged up Venus like this, one posibility is homosexuality (not trying to cast aspersions, the Uranus square, the Neptune square are not uncommon in that instance).

Once you PM me, I'll run a computer reading from the professional computer (I don't use it for reading purposes unless I'm looking for inspiration)... FYI I don't read professionally.

Snow Turtle

That's not exactly inspiring. (Heh heh... It can't be that bad.) As far as I'm aware I'm hetrosexual but I'm not a very sexual person at all. Therefore my love life doesn't really exist as such since I'm not exactly pro-active. ^^

I can't say I've had negative experiences. A little weird this idea that I can't turn it around with my own will or doomed to difficulty. (Accck... fatalism...) ' Anyhow I'll just PM you the details to clear up things.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Aries is #1.

Leos are big headed and like to lick their own balls.

Cancers live at home.

Pisces are cry babies and Titanic worshippers.

Scorpios are watching you masturbate.

Capricorns have a brain and heart made of steel.

Sagittarius are not here at the moment.

Geminis are hoarders and flip floppers.

Libras are ultra feminine or flamboyant.

Virgos are more cleaner then Mr. Clean himself.

Aquarians are hippies and drug addicts.

Taurus are slow and like the smell of their own bullshit.

:)

cellar door

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aries is #1.

Leos are big headed and like to lick their own balls.

Cancers live at home.

Pisces are cry babies and Titanic worshippers.

Scorpios are watching you masturbate.

Capricorns have a brain and heart made of steel.

Sagittarius are not here at the moment.

Geminis are hoarders and flip floppers.

Libras are ultra feminine or flamboyant.

Virgos are more cleaner then Mr. Clean himself.

Aquarians are hippies and drug addicts.

Taurus are slow and like the smell of their own bullshit.

:)

EXCEPT REALLY. After all, every stereotype stems from some truth. I'm a Libra but I have a Cancer rising sign. Which surprisingly ties all things together meaning I come off to the world as a Cancer which thoroughly explains my INFP personality. You stated, "Cancers lives at home." Well that would explain the seemingly introverted, sensitive personality type. Not to mention, I have an Sun Opposition Midheaven which also correlates with my 4w5 Enneagram. I think believing anything fact or fiction is all relative to the individual, however some things are hard to deny.