• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Educational / Moral Vigilanteism

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Everyone knows a great teacher wants their kids to change by the time they leave their classroom. Even morally, a great teacher has a passion to instill values in his students. It wouldn't be wrong to say "I want my students to learn what justice is, what good is, what fair means, what it means to be diligent, etc. etc." But what if we take it a step further and say "In this society, what kids need most is a a better sense of morality. Kids, in their prime age, need to learn the value of other human beings, the value of music, and the value of honesty, now more than ever in our morally bankrupt society." Don't kids always need these things, regardless of the state of affairs in the world? Is this educational elitism of some kind? Is this saying "I as a teacher need to do these things, since they won't get it from society, which includes the teacher next door to me?"

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yes! A new generation of suckers to con.

HERE HERE! lol

I would say that you should teach them to be Freethinkers, wikipedia Freethought.

I dont think of it as a belief but as a system to make your own beliefs.