• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you love the bird.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Philosophy: If you love the bird...let it go. If it returns...hey, what do ya know:) If it does not return...it was never meant to be:cry:
You all know the gist:yes:

Do you adhere and practice this? Which type/s would most and least likely adhere and practice this?

i adhere to this philosophy to the degree of using it as a crutch:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do..I enjoy my freedom as well and don't want to force people to stay near me nor rob them of theirs. If they don't return, I wish them well. If they do, the bond we share will be tenfold closer :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do..it's important that people know i want them to do what THEY want to do...if what they want is to be with me...then great... otherwise please go do something else.

P

Phantonym

I do..I enjoy my freedom as well and don't want to force people to stay near me nor rob them of theirs. If they don't return, I wish them well. If they do, the bond we share will be tenfold closer :)

I agree. I do this as well. Nothing can be forced, otherwise it was never real to begin with.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Darnit, I thought this was a thread for the other bird.

green-middle-finger.jpg

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I follow this philosophy very closely.

Everything is temporary, treat everything that comes across your path as a gift.

But don't hold on.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD90Z912lLE&feature=related"]Free Bird[/YOUTUBE]

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day

Oh, take your time don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
Go find a woman you'll find love
And don't forget son there is someone up above

And be a simple kind of man
Be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you my son is to be satisfied

Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can? Oh yes, I will

Boy, don't you worry you'll find yourself
Follow your heart and nothing else
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you my son is to be satisfied

Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can?

Baby be a simple, be a simple man
Baby be a simple kind of man.

Lynyrd Skynyrd.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Yes, this, exactly. I don't like nailing others to me, or being shackled to them. That's not really so much love. You could always make the choice to chain yourself to someone, I suppose, making it sort of an act of freewill, but then that doesn't leave much room for personal or relational growth. Learning to trust a person's love is more genuine, in my thinking, if there's the possibility for them to leave.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK, I must release comic relief here from historical acquaintances:

"If you love something, set it free.
If it comes back, it is yours.
If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it."

:yim_rolling_on_the_

AND EVEN WORSE...

"The Law of Man"
-----------------
If you can't fuck it, eat it.
If you can't eat it, kill it."

:rofl1:

OK, now I'll try to ponder on the OP...

I've never been a control freak so I have to process this one.

I do however, hate it when ANYONE tries to control me, so I think I'd have to say I agree with the OP by default to some extent at least.

:cheese:

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Philosophy: If you love the bird...let it go. If it returns...hey, what do ya know:) If it does not return...it was never meant to be:cry:
You all know the gist:yes:

Do you adhere and practice this? Which type/s would most and least likely adhere and practice this?

i adhere to this philosophy to the degree of using it as a crutch:)

Hrm not sure about the types which would work best for, since I've only recently started checking into the types and such and it takes aloooooot of research to get each one down.

For now, I will state some things that bothers me with it.

Many birds are non migratory, or don't have any real way to find a way back. In some cases, this can mean that letting one loose just means it's confused, in extreeme cases, a bird in captivity released to the wild is little more than a death sentance. Reintroduction of captivated species is very difficult to do as they often lack many of the critical skills required for survival, and even their basic survival instinct to avoid humans may not work. As such, releasing the bird in the first place can be little more than an act of cruelty, or at the very least, misinformation.

On an emotional scale, in terms of directly involving humans, to which this refers to, "letting one go" can be directly viewed as abandonment... occasionally yeu are presented with a challange, sometimes the person really wants to be left alone, and sometimes they're just testing to see if yeu're willing to follow them into the depths of hell. "Letting them go" can be exactly the wrong answer. I know I'm personally guilty of employing this strategy at time due to various personal insecurities, and it often means that even though I'm pushing someone away, the intent is moreso to see if they really care enough to cling on anyway, or whether they'll just give up at the first moment's notice, which only justifies my own poor view of myself.

As such, the entire phrase is completely inaccurate and should really not be used due to a variety of reasons. It's not accurate, figuratively NOR literally, and can often lead to complications which're undesired.

Seriously, consider a more blunt context... let's say yeu've got a boyfriend who drives yeu out into the middle of nowheres or a city or something, lets yeu get out of the car, then just drives off, and waits to see if yeu come home or not. Whot implications are we looking at if yeu actually DO go home? That could be a very strong indication that it's alright to begin an abusive relationship. Not returning would be a sensible thing to do as well.

Just telling someone yeu care about that yeu don't care if they see other people can also be misinterpreted in a great many ways... from assumming that yeu already ARE seeing others, which would be assumably the only reason to state so, in which case yeu just falsely incriminated yeurself, to thema ctually taking the advice, which can either end up with them finding someone who actually cares enough to hold onto them, them getting badly hurt, emotionally or otherwise, or they may just come back disease ridden.

There's far too many horrible risks for virtually no possible gain, as the one 'released' is unlikely to think too highly of it, regardless of their interpretation. It'll be either seen as neglect, not caring, abandonment, to many other wide ranges of negative implications.

As such, letting the one yeu care go, can often be one of the worst things yeu could do. It has very little chance of positive benefits, and a great risk of many negative connotations.