• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Interpret my dream!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't know exactly where to put this (considered putting it in the NF forum for a minute then realized that didn't make sense although I think NFs should probably excel at dream interpreting) so it can be moved wherever it best fits. Also, I think NTs might be good at interpreting too, especially judging from King of Despair's insight into my character.

Earlier I woke up from a dream in which I and a group of others were at a friend's house, but it was layed out differently than his house irl. A group of us guys like to congregate there but there was a mix of genders in the dream and a larger amount of people.

I'm not sure exactly what activity we were involved in, but it was pretty fun. It got late, and at one point I looked over at the rather large window in the kitchen where I happened to be and noticed a stark bright blue sky as if it were the middle of the day. It's a wonder we hadn't noticed it before but you did have to lean in close a bit and look up to get a really good gist of what the sky looked like. Still, I wondered how the sky could be blue like that after midnight and pointed it out to someone else there.

I then started telling the owner of the house who seemed completely unaware but as I did so thunderclouds started covering the sky making it completely dark. It stayed that way for a few minutes so I walked outside to see what the deal was and looked up to see a brilliant night sky filled with stars. There was some faint illusion to it, though, that made it look different than a normal night sky. Couldn't quite percieve what it was, though.

The whole dream was pervaded with mysteriousness. I haven't had a dream quite like that in awhile. It seemed significant to some degree, though I can't tease out the meaning.

I wonder now why I didn't have even the faintest inclination to question whether I was awake so that I could possibly enter into a lucid dreaming state. Oh well, I'll have to work on that later.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like you wanted time to stand still while you had fun, because you didn't want it to end. However, when confronted with the fact that that indeed had happened, your mind rejected it as you considered it impossible and therefore adapted the situation to what you thought it should really be. The others in your dream seemed to have been quite happy to just stay in that situation without questionning it.

Have you felt the need for escape lately? Too many daily pressures, making you want more time to yourself but at the same time you'd not want to shun reality or your responsibilities? Coz it seems like your imagination was trying to give you a break and your analytical mind went, nope, that's not possible/logical and we have things to take care of! /end fun.

Of course, I'm just Ne-ing crazy now. If it doesn't fit, just ignore me ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Have you felt the need for escape lately? Too many daily pressures, making you want more time to yourself but at the same time you'd not want to shun reality or your responsibilities? Coz it seems like your imagination was trying to give you a break and your analytical mind went, nope, that's not possible/logical and we have things to take care of! /end fun.

YES! Too many responsibilities, not enough time or opportunity for what I want. You are exactly right. And that seems to describe my mind at this point for sure. I just feel kinda trapped, that's why I'm trying to move to create some kind of change in my life.

I have to clarify something, though, in the dream I wasn't in the kitchen alone, it's just that I happened to be the first to observe the sky. A couple of others did see it too, but the owner never seemed to.

I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I don't really want to be alone that much. I like being alone sometimes just enough to be independent but I much prefer the company of others because alone I get bored and after awhile depressed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It would seem that the owner represented your subconscious, your inner child that didn't wanna wake up to reality.

How does being alone tie into this? You were in a room full of people and you said others did notice what you saw (except for the owner). So technically you weren't alone physically nor mentally. Or could it be that you identify with the owner, who was the only one to see the place for what it was: an escape from it all and a chance to keep having fun? And since everyone else remembered the other world and its responsibilities when your responsible self pointed it out, you felt alone in your desire to take a break and go do something fun?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Oh, you're saying the outer world represents responsibilities?

Hmm... how so?

It would seem that the owner represented your subconscious, your inner child that didn't wanna wake up to reality.
I'm not so sure, maybe he represents some part of me due to the fact that we all retain impressions of other people and they represent some facet of us, but this guy is one of the most responsible people I know. I might say he's oblivious in some regards (although extremely knowledgeable about the world), but I wouldn't say he's irresponsible or non-dutiful.

I don't know, this is alot of abstraction for me. :horor:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, you're saying the outer world represents responsibilities?

Hmm... how so?

I'm not so sure, maybe he represents some part of me due to the fact that we all retain impressions of other people and they represent some facet of us, but this guy is one of the most responsible people I know. I might say he's oblivious in some regards (although extremely knowledgeable about the world), but I wouldn't say he's irresponsible or non-dutiful.

I don't know, this is alot of abstraction for me. :horor:

In your imagination you can do what you want...the outside world has certain expectations you're to fulfill, duties, responsibilities. Fun is possible, for sure, but not limitless.

Could it be that this person is good at balancing fun with obligation? Because that would be a possiblity in this case to :)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, he's an INTJ if that tells you anything, haha. He's definitely serious but he does have a lighter side and he knows how to acquiesce people who want to have fun. But I wouldn't say 'fun' so much as 'meaningful' and 'intellectual'. He definitely knows how to set the stage so that people will get the most out of their experience, though.

In your imagination you can do what you want...the outside world has certain expectations you're to fulfill, duties, responsibilities. Fun is possible, for sure, but not limitless.
Hm, well for me the outside world is what represents fun, freedom and limitless excitement. Inside is kinda boring. We're different types, y'know. ;)

But I'm definitely open to your interpretations.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, if he's anything like mine, he knows when to work and when to take a load off. I admire that in mine..how about you? :)

I realize that we're different types, and that the outside world to you is a playground. But you have to admit that it has limitations, such as gravity, and it tends to demand certain things for you (such as you going to work) in order to survive in it ;)

No, in this case though, since it is your dream, I'd say you most likely are torn between fulfilling your duties and not caring and partying on :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, if he's anything like mine, he knows when to work and when to take a load off. I admire that in mine..how about you? :)
Yeah, he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and I definitely admire his ability to keep everything under control and organized, not to mention his knowledge of just about much everything (we've tried to stump him before; it's impossible). It's pretty amazing.

I realize that we're different types, and that the outside world to you is a playground. But you have to admit that it has limitations, such as gravity, and it tends to demand certain things for you (such as you going to work) in order to survive in it ;)
yeah, true. There are creative ways to circumvent the routine, though, and make sure you're doing something you really enjoy. :D

No, in this case though, since it is your dream, I'd say you most likely are torn between fulfilling your duties and not caring and partying on :D
However you get this impression, I'd say you're right. Now hopefully the two can become one.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe your friend can be a source of inspiration :)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yes. hmmm, you are very wise.
strokebeard.gif

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Having fun then taking a step back. You see something no one else sees in the form of the massive sky doing what it shouldn't. When you try to tell the owner of the house to share in the sight, the sky is covered with a storm. Only when you're by yourself again does it again show you its changing beauty.

You being alone when you see something no one else does. The sky seems to want you to see it as being different but hides when you try to tell others.

It could be saying you'll understand something that's not as you expect it to be but it'll be internal and you won't be able to get the message out. But that's okay because it's your understanding and not meant for anyone else.
Or I could just be crazy ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Actually, it's all making a whole lot more sense now and I think I know more what it pertains to now. Thanks, you guys, you really helped me figure that out.

I'm sure more analysis would bear even more fruit, though, so others are invited for even further interpretation if they'd like.

Also, Amargith - we've shared something more abstract and soulful, doncha think? Is it time yet? huuuuhhh? ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Having fun then taking a step back. You see something no one else sees in the form of the massive sky doing what it shouldn't. When you try to tell the owner of the house to share in the sight, the sky is covered with a storm. Only when you're by yourself again does it again show you its changing beauty.

You being alone when you see something no one else does. The sky seems to want you to see it as being different but hides when you try to tell others.

It could be saying you'll understand something that's not as you expect it to be but it'll be internal and you won't be able to get the message out. But that's okay because it's your understanding and not meant for anyone else.
Or I could just be crazy ;)

Ohh, good one. I like it :D

Actually, it's all making a whole lot more sense now and I think I know more what it pertains to now. Thanks, you guys, you really helped me figure that out.

I'm sure more analysis would bear even more fruit, though, so others are invited for even further interpretation if they'd like.

Also, Amargith - we've shared something more abstract and soulful, doncha think? Is it time yet? huuuuhhh? ;)

If it was, you just ruined it :doh:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL... I just had a weird dream the other night, and was thinking of making a dream interpretation thread when I saw this thread of yours, Stellar. And I decided to invade it. :devil:

So the other night, I dreamed that a friend of mine (A recurring love interest over the past few years, actually...an ENFP) was in Africa doing what he always does: going on adventures, exploring other cultures, exploring his own identity, etc, etc. I dreamed that before he left, he said to go to this eclectic looking pawn shop nearby (It looked like one of those mystical shops in China Town... all sorts of heirlooms and medicines and such) for things he would send me. This would be his only way to communicate to me, and there was no way I could contact him. So I religiously went to the pawn shop and received packages from him, all containing presents. They would all be somewhat cultural... tribal spears, incense, pipes, you name it. Sometime during this, I got distracted and didn't show up for a few days. When I returned, the elderly woman that owned the shop was pretty mad at me. Apparently because I didn't come and get the gifts he was sending me, I backed up all her mailing. I remember being a little bit surprised and flattered my friend was still sending me things, although deep down I knew he still would. Anyways, she said that I could only take 2 at a time, and the next packages wouldn't arrive till 30 minutes later, so I needed to keep coming back every day instead of every other day or so to "catch up" again.

That's all I remember. I could give you a few sentences background on the relationship I have with this guy, but I'm curious what y'all have to say without any more info first :)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Invade away, my love!

Interesting dream. I have no idea as of yet.

But I do have a question: do days often go by in your dreams? As far as I remember, I've only ever experienced several hours going by. That's interesting, man. That's fucking interesting.

ibw19e_th.jpg

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I could read all sorts of stuff into that but I'm guessing I'd be telling you more about me than you. Maybe that's the point of the thread, I dunno.

Have you ever watched The Truman Show?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL... I just had a weird dream the other night, and was thinking of making a dream interpretation thread when I saw this thread of yours, Stellar. And I decided to invade it. :devil:

So the other night, I dreamed that a friend of mine (A recurring love interest over the past few years, actually...an ENFP) was in Africa doing what he always does: going on adventures, exploring other cultures, exploring his own identity, etc, etc. I dreamed that before he left, he said to go to this eclectic looking pawn shop nearby (It looked like one of those mystical shops in China Town... all sorts of heirlooms and medicines and such) for things he would send me. This would be his only way to communicate to me, and there was no way I could contact him. So I religiously went to the pawn shop and received packages from him, all containing presents. They would all be somewhat cultural... tribal spears, incense, pipes, you name it. Sometime during this, I got distracted and didn't show up for a few days. When I returned, the elderly woman that owned the shop was pretty mad at me. Apparently because I didn't come and get the gifts he was sending me, I backed up all her mailing. I remember being a little bit surprised and flattered my friend was still sending me things, although deep down I knew he still would. Anyways, she said that I could only take 2 at a time, and the next packages wouldn't arrive till 30 minutes later, so I needed to keep coming back every day instead of every other day or so to "catch up" again.

That's all I remember. I could give you a few sentences background on the relationship I have with this guy, but I'm curious what y'all have to say without any more info first :)

I'm game.

Let's see, off in Africa= unavailable to you in many ways.

The only communication is not by using a language you both understand, but quirky things which most likely represent his personality, yours and your connection to each other= difficulty understanding one another, communication is troublesome yet intriguing, and him showing different aspects of his Jack of all Trades personality and the discoveries he is making, the ideas and feelings he's having that he so desperately wants to share with you (showing you a glimpse of his world in essence)

The elderly woman could be the world and the physical restrictions reality puts upon you and your relationship with him and/or an aspect of the ENFP telling you that he's finding it hard to keep your attention while he's trying to show you who he is. He probably misses you quite often :)

The restriction of two ties into this, and, it also keeps you coming back for more. It's a way to keep you hooked as such and keep you from running off again ;)

My best guess: this guy has been fascinating and eluding you for years and you keep telling yourself that it's unrealistic and aint going to happen between you two but you cannot help yourself from going back there even if you've temporarily evaded his grasp on occasion. And you actually enjoy it this way too, this kind of torture without having to decide to take the jump or kill the fantasy and he most likely does too. You do realize however that you will never be able to fully understand him and that probably annoys you and puts you off as much as it intrigues you and keeps you coming back for more. Chances are, you'll never be bored with him. But that also means you'll never fully understand him either, so a relationship would prove to be quite a challenge and hard work..but could turn out to be exceptionally blissful and passionate as well..

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My best guess: this guy has been fascinating and eluding you for years and you keep telling yourself that it's unrealistic and aint going to happen between you two but you cannot help yourself from going back there even if you've temporarily evaded his grasp on occasion. And you actually enjoy it this way too, this kind of torture without having to decide to take the jump or kill the fantasy and he most likely does too. You do realize however that you will never be able to fully understand him and that probably annoys you and puts you off as much as it intrigues you and keeps you coming back for more. Chances are, you'll never be bored with him. But that also means you'll never fully understand him either, so a relationship would prove to be quite a challenge and hard work..but could turn out to be exceptionally blissful and passionate as well..

Nice. Mine's similar.

What I get from this the obvious communication by gift giving, lot's of people do that. At first there's the thrill of things being different and interesting. You get bored or frustrated and/or real life get's in your way, but you keep coming back out of curiosity for what will be next. You now go on a schedule because someone (the woman) told you you had too.

Maybe it's saying that when you're with this guy it's fascinating because of it's uniqueness, but it gets old or frustrating for the same reason. You want to put in the effort, but maybe it seems like too much effort at times? Idk. :)