• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Human-being Debate

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are We Human, Or Are We Dancer?

This is a question that has boggled the minds of philosophers for centuries and centuries to come.

I for one believe that we are human, but many people disagree and advocate for the truth - that we are in fact - Dancer.

The Human/Dancer Truth Movement campaign for the "true knowledge" of - what they call, Dancer-being - society. They lobby for a reform of history to appeal to what they believe Humans truly are - Dancer.

Discuss.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Because of your user title, I find it redundant to insult you, and I hate redunancy. Well played sir.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Because of your user title, I find it redundant to insult you, and I hate redunancy. Well played sir.
Or maybe you're just disappointed that you wasted all the time of clicking, waiting for said page to load and reading this post?

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
In the biggest of all possible pictures, I believe God created man with free will so we are human not puppets. I am also a Calvinist which may seem like a paradox to some.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
This sort of makes me cry. Just a little, on the inside :cry:

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
The answer to this is in the nature of words, themselves. When a particular type of stimulus becomes relevant enough to society that society must communicate about it, society develops a word that represents the stimulus. A subgroup of the society designates a word for the stimulus and the rest of the society catches on. Words, therefore, are defined democratically. Thus, although "human" and "dancer" are not mutually exclusive, we are "human" because we decided to call ourselves "human."

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I suppose that as humans with free will, we can call ourselves whatever we choose. But aye, this is the paradox: for ages we have known ourselves to be the Human race - why now? Why now, is all this speculation about our true identity - whether it be Human or Dancer - coming to a head?

They are both wrong; we're even More Human Than Human.
Oh noes. Not another option :( WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END.

Mole

Permabanned
In the biggest of all possible pictures, I believe God created man with free will so we are human not puppets. I am also a Calvinist which may seem like a paradox to some.

You are predestined after all.