• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghost stories

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
My first job I worked at an arts & crafts store you may or may not recall named MJDesigns.

There were ghost stories going around the place. Apparently someone had died in the building years before. Some of the managers told us that they would look the frame shop over before closing the store for the night, see that everything was fine, and the next morning when they came in find frames that were on the counter the night before then on the floor broken to pieces.

Well, we had a TV in the breakroom and after awhile the remote went missing. After this happened from time to time the channels would randomly change or it would just turn off completely. I joked about how there must be a mouse who stole the remote playing pranks on us or something, and I'd check around the corner to see if it was really an employee, but there was never anyone even remotely in sight.

Some of us said somewhat tongue-in-cheek that it must be the ghost. Of course I thought it must just be a malfunction of some kind.

Around christmas time one year as we were clocking out one night we noticed that the TV had been taken out of the breakroom altogether. We asked one of the managers what happened and she said that one of the older more conservative ladies from the early shift complained about the Jerry Springer show and how we didn't need that kind of trash being viewed in the workplace, so they took it back in the office.

When I heard that, I shouted as a joke, "What are ya gonna haunt now, huh, GHOST!?" I laughed and we all went to our respective homes.

Later that night as I was watching TV I flipped the station to channel 11 before standing up to use the restroom.

As I was walking off all of a sudden I heard a noise of static like, "shhhhhh..." With dread I turned around and saw that it was now on channel 3! :horor:

I instantly made the connection, of course, and realized that "the ghost" must've followed me home. I really hadn't expected that. For five minutes I sat there on the couch trying to work myself up to going to the restroom. I sure didn't want to turn around only to hear that the channel had changed again! hah :rofl1:

Finally I did, though, and I got used to the idea that something was happening that I couldn't quite explain or control.

From then on, every once in awhile the channel changed or the TV turned off. This happened for several months until, finally, it ended altogether.

I guess the ghost got tired of haunting people who really didn't care, cuz we usually just shrugged it off. ;) I think when I told my brother he didn't really believe me, though. haha.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got another creepy one, when I was around the same age, with the same group of friends doing the same kind of stuff.

In the neighborhood I grew up in, there was an animal graveyard that was bought out and dug up. For years, this lot lay unfenced and in relative ruin with mounds of dirt alternating with pits, clearly marking where the graves had been. Clear down on the other side of the property, there was a house that used to be the mortuary for the animals (or the keepers house, not really sure which). It sat there abandoned and welcoming for those of us who dared cross the mounds...as we attempted to get up the courage to do one summer's afternoon.

We were a pack of about 10 kids, all on bikes, each daring the others on to climb the dirt ramp that led up to the lot from the street.

Then an old grouchy lady started talking. I turned and there was the biddy, breaking my concentration, she began to speak--directly to me--even though I was in the far back of the pile of guys and bikes and was far from the tallest, nor did I look like I was the leader.

I don't remember her exact wording, but it was something to the effect of:
"This property is dangerous. If you kids go in, I'm calling the police, you can hurt yourselves."

To which I responded:
"That's fine ma'am, we won't."

I was pissed, but polite. My friends all huddled around me,

"That was creepy," I said.

"What are we going to do?" one of them asked.

"We're going to leave. Checking this out right now is not worth the police. Maybe we'll come back when it's dark."

At that, which lasted all of 10 seconds maybe, we turned to watch the old lady go back where she came from so we'd know which house to avoid being conspicuous around as we rode past. The old lady was gone. Completely gone.

"Where'd she go?" I asked.
My friends all shrugged. "That was quick."
"Yeah," I started to understand what just happened...
"Shall we go?"

We rode off, quickly from the hill Terrace Downs cornered, though I'm not sure how many of us were aware that it was impossible for her to have gotten into even the closest house in the time we weren't watching.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ha, nah, she's was going the opposite direction.

grasshoppersings

MBTI Type
infj
What are ghosts anyway?

Here is a little truth for y'all. Ghosts are really just demons (fallen angels).
If you have ever (even once) dabbled in the occult (read witchcraft books or watched movies about the subject or read your horoscope or played with a Ouiji board or had your palm read or went to a psychic, etc), then you have opened a door for the demonic realm to have access to your life. Once inside, they therefore have permission to mess with you.
Those supernatural events mentioned are real and they are intended to cause fear. Fear attempts to control and manipulate and drain the life out of you. Fear is darkness and is not looking out for your best interest. It wants to destroy you.
If there were five people sitting in an old house that was supposedly haunted and three of them have an open door to the occult/the demonic realm in their lives, but the other two have that door closed, then three people would see the ghost walking across the room but the other two wouldn't. It depends not on your psychological health or belief system but whether or not the demonic realm has free access to the world that you live in.
To get rid of those kinds of events in your life (even your dream life at night), you have to acknowledge that it's real, repent of getting involved in the occult, and close the door the occult with a prayer.
The blood of Jesus will keep the door closed though you always have free will to reopen it and let those wretched punks back into harrass and bother you and irritate and worry you.
I choose not to be bothered with them so my door will remain locked and nailed shut. That door to the occult was opened for me by my family when I was very young and I just recently closed it a couple years ago. Most of my nightmares are gone and the ones that keep coming back I take authority over with my verbal prayers.
That person who stood up to the birds that seemed to be chasing him from the witch's house did the right thing in standing up to the fear and invoking Jesus' name to stop their assault. Ghosts do not like Father God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit because they are the only ones with authority to control and stop their evil intentions. They recognize the superior power of God and have to obey when spoken to. However, God's kids, me and other believers, also have that authority because Jesus gave it to us.
So, rather than tell you any ghost stories, I would like to extend hope for those people who are tired of being concerned with scary things that try to creep up on you in your life because you were never meant to live in fear of anything. Jesus loves you too much to let you keep living in fear. Life is so much better knowing that I have authority over ghosts and aliens and such.
I spent the first half of my life in fear but no more. Life with God in charge is much freer and more exciting than I could ever put into words. Ghosts are afraid of me. Me and my friends are the real Ghostbusters.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Haven't heard any emergency room reports of ghost related injuries or fatalities, so I will assume that they can't actually hurt you, at least not physically. Although it would be uncomfortable knowing that they can watch you poop. :devil:

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Here is a little truth for y'all. Ghosts are really just demons (fallen angels).
If you have ever (even once) dabbled in the occult (read witchcraft books or watched movies about the subject or read your horoscope or played with a Ouiji board or had your palm read or went to a psychic, etc), then you have opened a door for the demonic realm to have access to your life. Once inside, they therefore have permission to mess with you.
Those supernatural events mentioned are real and they are intended to cause fear. Fear attempts to control and manipulate and drain the life out of you. Fear is darkness and is not looking out for your best interest. It wants to destroy you.
That's certainly an artistic way of looking at it.

I'm not sure if all the metaphor is really necessary, though.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If there were five people sitting in an old house that was supposedly haunted and three of them have an open door to the occult/the demonic realm in their lives, but the other two have that door closed, then three people would see the ghost walking across the room but the other two wouldn't. It depends not on your psychological health or belief system but whether or not the demonic realm has free access to the world that you live in.
To get rid of those kinds of events in your life (even your dream life at night), you have to acknowledge that it's real, repent of getting involved in the occult, and close the door the occult with a prayer.
The blood of Jesus will keep the door closed though you always have free will to reopen it and let those wretched punks back into harrass and bother you and irritate and worry you.
I choose not to be bothered with them so my door will remain locked and nailed shut. That door to the occult was opened for me by my family when I was very young and I just recently closed it a couple years ago. Most of my nightmares are gone and the ones that keep coming back I take authority over with my verbal prayers.
That person who stood up to the birds that seemed to be chasing him from the witch's house did the right thing in standing up to the fear and invoking Jesus' name to stop their assault. Ghosts do not like Father God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit because they are the only ones with authority to control and stop their evil intentions. They recognize the superior power of God and have to obey when spoken to. However, God's kids, me and other believers, also have that authority because Jesus gave it to us.
So, rather than tell you any ghost stories, I would like to extend hope for those people who are tired of being concerned with scary things that try to creep up on you in your life because you were never meant to live in fear of anything. Jesus loves you too much to let you keep living in fear. Life is so much better knowing that I have authority over ghosts and aliens and such.
I spent the first half of my life in fear but no more. Life with God in charge is much freer and more exciting than I could ever put into words. Ghosts are afraid of me. Me and my friends are the real Ghostbusters.

Interesting, my INFJ friend. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, as I do believe that demons are out there, but I have yet to find Biblical proof that God judges us immediately after we die, so I don't know if there are human spirits wandering around or not.

I agree that Jesus Christ is Lord; that the demons and whatever else is out there, do not have the power to stand against Him.

I kinda believe it's possible to open ourselves up, or to encourage that sort of activity, and though I never played on a Ouiji board, I did read a lot of stories and had a campfire interest about the paranormal.

You also brought up the concept that some who are open can see these things, and others who are not, don't. Have you experienced that? What is your backing?

grasshoppersings

MBTI Type
infj
Lights in the Sky & Little Green Men

I learned quite a bit from this book I read this book a couple years ago---Lights in the Sky & Little Green Men: A Rational Christian Look at UFOs and Extraterrestrials
ISBN-10: 1576832082 ISBN-13: 978-1576832080

Regarding my own history with ghosts, demons, unexplained scary things...
I went through my own sozo deliverance at my church where I closed all four doors to the demonic realm: fear, hatred, the occult, and sexual sin.
This was necessary for me to have peace in my life because I was raised in a family that had/still has a river of darkness flowing into it and there was so much unnecessary dysfunction that it about crippled me emotionally and relationally. I am in the long process of getting healthy now.
My personal experience has been mostly in my dreams at night because I am a very active dreamer (asleep and daydreamer). I have seen demons before in my dreams because I used to have a lot of nightmares since I was a young girl. I have just recently begun to actively fight back in my dreams to stop the abuse that the punks are trying to inflict on me. Usually it is some kind of rape dream and in the past I have been powerless to speak or move or fight. These last few months I have been able to recite Scripture or call for Jesus' help to stop the violence and end the dream. If I still can't fight back in a dream, then right after I wake up I verbally fight back by cancelling all power of the enemy over my life and restating my allegiance with Jesus Christ over the enemys out to destroy me. I refuse to let fear come back in and take over my life.
Fear used to be my best friend because I didn't know there was a better way. I sure did not know about who Jesus was when I was growing up. Now I am very protective of what I allow into my ears and eyes (my ear gates and my eye gates) because I realize how powerful images and thoughts are. I want to stay focused on what will keep me strong and powerful and healthy. I got no time for tricks and schemes and bad dreams.
These powers of darkness are more real than people want to admit but they are no match for what God is doing through his people. I am sick and tired of hearing about people getting freaked out and terrified by those punks (demons/ghosts/paranormal UFOs) because life wasn't meant to be a horror flick. Therefore I have switched sides and I now work for the forces of goodness and truth which is where God and Jesus work from. I want people to know that they don't have to be afraid of ghosts and demons and such because there is a better way. I want to set people free from that junk. Ghosts being actually demons is no metaphor. It is the truth. Demons are not your friends. All they do is lie.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, ghost or demon, you're stupid if you keep one around.