• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your ultimate goal in life?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I was going to say the same exact thing.

A peaceful death as an ultimate goal? Would you choose a not so peaceful death if it were to give you 20 more years to live? Is having a peaceful death so important you would die right now to have a peaceful death?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why are you so shocked by my answer?

Also, I answered the question literally. Please look up the definition for ultimate.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
A peaceful death as an ultimate goal? Would you choose a not so peaceful death if it were to give you 20 more years to live? Is having a peaceful death so important you would die right now to have a peaceful death?

What's wrong with a peaceful death? It means you've come to terms with everything, that you really are peaceful for maybe once in your life. Perfect harmony with your soul. Worries vanished, your body relinquished.

I would have to agree. A peaceful death would my ultimate goal in life. Serenity with all affairs and the ability to look over all of the flaws I see.

Another very important goal that I will never attain is the destruction of the ego. It's a life long process but it is a goal because it is something we should all work on. It can be related to having a peaceful death, or maybe even means a peaceful death.

And last but not least: True Love.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
What's wrong with a peaceful death? It means you've come to terms with everything, that you really are peaceful for maybe once in your life. Perfect harmony with your soul. Worries vanished, your body relinquished.

I would have to agree. A peaceful death would my ultimate goal in life. Serenity with all affairs and the ability to look over all of the flaws I see.

Another very important goal that I will never attain is the destruction of the ego. It's a life long process but it is a goal because it is something we should all work on. It can be related to having a peaceful death, or maybe even means a peaceful death.

And last but not least: True Love.

There's nothing wrong with a peaceful death. It's just that we are talking about ULTIMATE GOALS, and I'm wondering if having a peaceful death is really that significant to you guys, we all die and once it's over I don't think I'll care much about how I died, but you see it differently I guess.

You guys still ignored my hypothetical questions. By answering my questions you will give me a better understanding of exactly how important this goal is for you. Obviously answering no, and yes, in that order would convince me of your dedication to your ultimate goal.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Usually I ignore coberst threads but I like the question regardless.

My goal in life is to make a difference. Personally, nationally and internationally. It's a lifelong one, a journey rather than a destination as such.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be my definition of a good person.

To become enlightened.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
There's nothing wrong with a peaceful death. It's just that we are talking about ULTIMATE GOALS, and I'm wondering if having a peaceful death is really that significant to you guys, we all die and once it's over I don't think I'll care much about how I died, but you see it differently I guess.

You guys still ignored my hypothetical questions. By answering my questions you will give me a better understanding of exactly how important this goal is for you. Obviously answering no, and yes, in that order would convince me of your dedication to your ultimate goal.

Don't be so dismissive of answers that are different from your own. From when I was a little girl, I always knew that I just wanted to live a life in peace and die in peace. I didn't have the easiest childhood. And I have seen so many loved ones suffer through debilitating illnesses and I've always known that when I start to deteriorate, I would pull a Hunter S. Thompson when I feel like I'm done. I want to live on my own terms and die on my own terms.

I made a list of things I want to accomplish in my life by the time I'm 30. I scratched everything off that list by the time I was 27. I can honestly say that I have already accomplished everything I've ever wanted to do. I'm just coasting on auto pilot now, just gathering experiences and living life to the fullest. And it makes me happy. My only goal from this point forward is to avoid unnecessary suffering.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'd like to climb all the major mountains (>2500) of the alps.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ultimate Goals

Personal goals that continue to be challenging:

Look back at life with the knowledge that
1. I made the most of my own potential
2. I lived my life with honesty and kindness
3. I lived my life, the life I had and not the one I wanted

What Jeno said resonated with me as well - I feel like I achieved the goals I had set for myself by 30. This leaves me on auto-pilot as well except I'm pretty dissatisfied with it. I don't feel a sense of achievement at my end but more a sense of complacency and loss of purpose. This year has been one of constant questioning, a natural place to be, I guess when defining a new set of goals.

For the future, some that are emerging are:
1. Take on less at work and enjoy what I do more
2. Travel to a new country every year
3. Lead a more active life
4. Write the novel
5. Develop better self-discipline

Will likely come back and add more...

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
To experience different cultures and travel with the minimum of material possessions.

grasshoppersings

MBTI Type
infj
my number one goal is a tie between these two

number one goal: to get healthy in spirit, soul, and body
other number one goal: to pursue my destiny, which includes setting the captives free. All my goals are focused on the work that Jesus already completed. I am talking about changing the world one person at a time.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
good question...been asking myself that for the past two weeks

it used to be simple: be content with life

but lately i've been exposed to so much materialistic endeavors and people and things that are causing me to question myself as to where do i want to be 10 years from now...

cuz ill have to start working towards that right now...every day seems wasted...every day is like a missed opportunity

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Don't be so dismissive of answers that are different from your own. From when I was a little girl, I always knew that I just wanted to live a life in peace and die in peace. I didn't have the easiest childhood. And I have seen so many loved ones suffer through debilitating illnesses and I've always known that when I start to deteriorate, I would pull a Hunter S. Thompson when I feel like I'm done. I want to live on my own terms and die on my own terms.

I made a list of things I want to accomplish in my life by the time I'm 30. I scratched everything off that list by the time I was 27. I can honestly say that I have already accomplished everything I've ever wanted to do. I'm just coasting on auto pilot now, just gathering experiences and living life to the fullest. And it makes me happy. My only goal from this point forward is to avoid unnecessary suffering.

Oh forget it, if you are going to say I'm dismissive of answers everytime I ask questions about it (for the purpose of) trying to better understand.

If I was dismissing the answers different from my own then I would of just ignored it. Actions speak louder than words.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh forget it, if you are going to say I'm dismissive of answers everytime I ask questions about it (for the purpose of) trying to better understand.

If I was dismissing the answers different from my own then I would of just ignored it. Actions speak louder than words.

It's fine, you're just trying to see where we are coming from. That's ultimately the point of a forum- to understand different view points. And I can see your side of it as well as my own.

Mole

Permabanned
I am going to drink two green smoothies a day.

I am going to dance meditatively twice a day.

And I am going to read, "Wind in the Willows", aloud with a friend on Skype every second day.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My goals:

1) To understand Victor.
2) To Become Enlightened by Victor
3) To Be able to talk/type like Victor
4) To be able to get ahold of a few of those green smoothies
5) To get the rap that Victor gets. Everybody would love me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
To eat the perfect cheeseburger.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well, my life goals are simple enough.

To touch as many lives in a positive way as possible.
Achieve self-actualization.
Never let go of my dreams, my beliefs, and my convictions, and fulfill them to the best of my ability.
Be the kind of person I'd want my children to be.