• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Conservative Christians and Global Warming

heart

heart on fire
i just want to know why the ... reputable scientists who speak out against global warming are blacked out by the mainstream media.

Yes, this is disturbing. I am not a Christian Conservative either. I am a liberal.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I think global warming's pretty cut and dried. Examine the state of things (observable by anyone); determine as best as we can if there is anything to do to stop it; then take steps to be prudent. It's all observable, all tangible, all sensible... I don't need to reference a book to tell me to call the fire company to put out my burning house, and especially if the book might tell me that my house really isn't on fire at all. It's more prudent to actually smell for smoke, feel for heat, look for flames.

Global warming is, at best, supported by a (currently declining but still existant) preponderance of evidence-that's hardly "cut and dried". What makes Global warming activism a "secular religion" is the monomaniacal preoccupation and intolerance of dissent that has characterized the movement, as well as the apparent inability of activists to apply even rudimentary cost-benifit analysis to the radical proposals (such as the Kyoto protocool) intended to address the potential problem.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
its easy to label things as a "conspiracy theory" if one is too lazy to do research and is too comfortable with the paradigm they have accepted as truth.
:)

I seriously doubt that Obama is working for Europe. :rolleyes:

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
What your friend claims runs completely contradictory to the Bible. Your friend really should read scripture more often before claiming that we have no need to care for the earth. Jesus also taught a message of love. It boggles my mind how many "Christians" have utterly forgotten that.

He didn't actually state in so many words that we don't need to care for the earth, but that's the general sentiment. The thing that I don't get? He picks up his campsites, leaves things looking better than when he arrived, refuses to litter, etc. For some reason, he just has a thing about not wanting to get "controlled" by the "godless society" around him, and apparently it only applies in certain areas. I don't know... I could respect his opinion a lot more if he'd looked at both sides clearly and decided he didn't believe in human-caused global warming based on his own research. For some reason, it seems like he just swallows whatever line he's fed: don't drink, don't smoke, don't litter, don't believe in global warming. Amen. (But of course, as mentioned, I know all Christians are not similar.)

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
Show me your sources, hon. ;)

ok well i guess the best intro to this is the documentary "the obama deception" by alex jones. youtube or google video that shit.

and yes, i know, alex jones is a fear monger in many ways but that doesnt mean what he says isnt true. i dont believe in fear mongering but i also dont believe in keeping the veil over our eyes so i can only hope to plant the seed of inquiry.

this doc is probably the most 'mainstream' of things i can throw your way.

/DG/

ok well i guess the best intro to this is the documentary "the obama deception" by alex jones. youtube or google video that shit.

and yes, i know, alex jones is a fear monger in many ways but that doesnt mean what he says isnt true. i dont believe in fear mongering but i also dont believe in keeping the veil over our eyes so i can only hope to plant the seed of inquiry.

Wikipedia said:
Alex Jones - Known for Advocacy of: conspiracy theories, including NWO theories; anti-globalism; national sovereignty

He is a conspiracy theorist. I might watch your video if I get around to it. Just for kicks.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

You're completely derailing an unrelated post into your obsession with an insane Obama-working-for-Europe conspiracy theory.

I seriously think you might need help, or you just think this is all reeaaaallly funny.

Either way, snap out of it. The stuff you say belongs in the Fluff Zone.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
He is a conspiracy theorist. I might watch your video if I get around to it. Just for kicks.

get over that label of "conspiracy theorist" and just watch the documentary. try (if it is possible for you) to be objective.

in fact,

i DARE you to be objective:cheese:

/DG/

get over that label of "conspiracy theorist" and just watch the documentary. try (if it is possible for you) to be objective.

in fact,

i DARE you to be objective:cheese:

Oh, I can be objective, but I'm afraid you seem to have a horrible, paranoid view of the world. In fact, I would like to direct you to the post above me, because he stated so well what I would like to tell you.

[/end off-topic discussion]

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
I seriously think you might need help, or you just think this is all reeaaaallly funny.

youre right. lets stick to the issue at hand... christian prophecy and global warming coinciding, yes?

YYYAAAAAAWWWWNNN

and yes im way over talking about obama.

you people just keep replying.

much love to you:newwink:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Accepting scientific theories about climate change doesn't qualify as a "religion."

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Anyone who thinks so is very much oversimplifying things.

However, in the same breath that I say that,it's also good to remember that much of what makes up science are actually theories and not facts.

I am not doing this because I want to be mean towards you but how can you be so sure that you are not the one that is "oversimplifing" things?

S

Sniffles

If one assumes that Biblical prophecy is true, then it is perfectly reasonable to read recent events into it.
Nevertheless, that leads one into very dangerous waters; especially when regarding prophecies concerning the End Times. This involves, among other things, disregarding the more allegorical elements involved in such texts.

While by terms of scientific logic contemporary events could not be "predicted" by the Bible, there is absolutely no reason to dismiss the possibility that someone who was actually conveying signs from God could see that far into the future. There's lots of stuff in the Bible about how thousands of years are a blink of an eye for God.

Christ himself stated that only God the Father knows when such events will actually occur. So either way, you're misreading scriptures here.