• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this the politician’s swan song?

coberst

Is this the politician’s swan song?

There is a country song that has these lyrics:

Heaven's just a sin away,
Woah, oh, just a sin away.
I can't wait another day;
I think I'm givin' in.

SIN—Self Induced Narcotic—is the sin I wish to focus on. I often find in my reading that the author refers to our modern culture as being narcissistic. I found this reference confusing; I have discovered that the term ‘narcissism’ has many different definitions.

One prominent characteristic of narcissism that everyone seems to agree upon is the narcotic effect that permeates our culture. Our culture has chosen to hide from reality; we have a problem with SIN--Self Induced Narcotic.

Attitudes are difficult to change. While walking by a store front one day I glanced at my reflection and noted that I walked with a distinct slouch that irritated me. I decided to change and began to consciously throw my shoulders back, suck in the gut, and walk erect. Of course, as soon as I stopped concentrating on my posture I went back to my habitual slouch. Every time I thought about my posture I would throw back the shoulders and suck in the gut. One day I noticed that my slouch was gone—I had changed by physical attitude.

To change our mental attitude is just the same process. First I must become conscious of the problematic attitude, then I must will its change, then I must change my habits.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
That's sounds like the addict's song. :)

I have also noticed that slouch also, but I usually overcome it when I exercise on a daily basis. My daughter also has that slouch, strangely, I never see her slouching in the house it only seems to happen in public.

Sometimes I get those mental slouches. If I haven't read something motivational for quite sometime I find my thinking is not has positive as it usually is. Although there are times when I feel like I don't want to read another Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Chris Widener, or Ron White motivational sales pitch again.

Do you have any really good email ezine subscriptions? A daily 10 minute reader usually gives me something more to ponder on and helps to change my mental attitude.

Thanks

coberst

That's sounds like the addict's song. :)

I have also noticed that slouch also, but I usually overcome it when I exercise on a daily basis. My daughter also has that slouch, strangely, I never see her slouching in the house it only seems to happen in public.

Sometimes I get those mental slouches. If I haven't read something motivational for quite sometime I find my thinking is not has positive as it usually is. Although there are times when I feel like I don't want to read another Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Chris Widener, or Ron White motivational sales pitch again.

Do you have any really good email ezine subscriptions? A daily 10 minute reader usually gives me something more to ponder on and helps to change my mental attitude.

Thanks

I suggest reading washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines every day.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Thanks I will favorite it. That is a totally different way to get from point a to point z, just keeping up on various reports vs. reading individual information from only one source.