• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where Science Meets Spirituality

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And you have no knowledge of psychology, or spirituality, yet it doesn't stop you from making judgements or sharing your views, or for that matter, trying and failing miserably at psycho-analyzing me. I never pretended to be a scientist. And I never said that spiritualism was absolutely right. You on the other hand did fail to see my point about actually being openminded and valuing both for what they are. Grand.

Look, the amethyst example was one I used to explain stuff. I know you know more about stones than I do. I never claimed to know everything, it's all over that post. And what I shared was that science discovered that they send out vibrations. I'm sure you can use google to verify that. At no point did I ever claim that amethyst actually does what spiritualism says, I said that this is how it's experienced by many.

As for the healing effects, the colour itself can put you in a mindset that has an influence on you. And the self-healing capacities of the body could potentially be activated by that (power of positive thinking, hell, the reduction of cortisol in the blood coz you are finally able to relax). As we all know, chronical stress does harm the body. Being able to relax would therefore help the body self-heal. Also, don't count on me for this 'debate'. I've had it too many times, and it's not worth it, imo. So I'll let you NTs fight it out.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
And you have no knowledge of psychology, or spirituality, yet it doesn't stop you from making judgements or sharing your views, or for that matter, trying and failing miserably at psycho-analyzing me. I never pretended to be a scientist. And I never said that spiritualism was absolutely right. You on the other hand did fail to see my point about actually being openminded and valuing both for what they are. Grand.

Look, the amethyst example was one I used to explain stuff. I know you know more about stones than I do. I never claimed to know everything, it's all over that post. And what I shared was that science discovered that they send out vibrations. I'm sure you can use google to verify that. At no point did I ever claim that amethyst actually does what spiritualism says, I said that this is how it's experienced by many.

As for the healing effects, the colour itself can put you in a mindset that has an influence on you. And the self-healing capacities of the body could potentially be activated by that (power of positive thinking, hell, the reduction of cortisol in the blood coz you are finally able to relax). As we all know, chronical stress does harm the body. Being able to relax would therefore help the body self-heal. Also, don't count on me for this 'debate'. I've had it too many times, and it's not worth it, imo. So I'll let you NTs fight it out.

Well I had to take more brutal approach to show from where I am coming from. As I said now we can go into details.

Son of the Damned

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Valuing both for what they are should led you to realize that they are incompatible systems of thought. I'm not denying the value of spirituality, but what I am saying is that it is not science, therefore, it can't hope to stand up in the realm of scientific analysis. However, that being said, scientific analysis isn't compatible with spiritual beliefs. Analyzing physical phenomenon can't satisfy your need for transcendence, your spiritual beliefs fulfill that need.

The Meeting of Science and Spirituality only leads to conflict, since both system have different modes for verifying truths.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Does it matter if science and spiritualism coexist, and can they?
If not, then why not?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Is this time for me to bash the errors made in the video?

There are 64 possible codes of amino acids in our DNA structure mRNA made of 4 elements. C, O, H, N. What happened to cysteine -SH?

amino acid CODONS do not get activated in DNA =/

Yet we only presently have 20 active codes. <- actually all 64 codon sequences are in used. There's just repeats. It's a huge misinterpretation on their part.

Because of that, the rest of their argument collapses on itself.

The "switch" turns on or off mRNA transcription, not which "sequence code" gets used. All 64 codon sequences are used.

Since all of them are used, emotionals have no switch to operate on. GARBAGE. QED

-----

I would like to add that emotional states does influence gene expression. But not because of "waves".
Under stress, we have release of stress hormones etc that does upregulate expression of particular genes. Genes that promotes short term survival at a detriment to long term health.

Mole

Permabanned
Another thing is that language of science is math.

Sure, and if you don't understand mathematics, you don't understand statistics. And if you don't understand statistics, you don't understand Quantum Mechanics.

And unfortunately for you, Quantum Mechanics is our most accurate representation of reality.

But if you don't understand mathematics, you can always turn to MBTI.

And sure, MBTI doesn't represent reality, but it does give us a barcode for our personality.

And a barcode is essential to accurately trade ourselves on the personality market.

And the most important lesson in life you will learn it how to sell yourself - everything else depends upon it.

So forget mathematics and learn MBTi, for your income and your status, and even your pleasingness to God, depend on it.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Valuing both for what they are should led you to realize that they are incompatible systems of thought. I'm not denying the value of spirituality, but what I am saying is that it is not science, therefore, it can't hope to stand up in the realm of scientific analysis. However, that being said, scientific analysis isn't compatible with spiritual beliefs. Analyzing physical phenomenon can't satisfy your need for transcendence, your spiritual beliefs fulfill that need.

The Meeting of Science and Spirituality only leads to conflict, since both system have different modes for verifying truths.

Don't you see that this is precisely why they don't NEED to be in conflict? Think about it... The conflict only really occurs when someone feels the necessity to validate one mode of comprehension by attacking the other. *Victor has helpfully provided above an example of the ineffectivenes of this approach both in determining anything of positive value, and in proving/disproving either case*

Mole

Permabanned
Don't you see that this is precisely why they don't NEED to be in conflict? Think about it... The conflict only really occurs when someone feels the necessity to validate one mode of comprehension by attacking the other. *Victor has helpfully provided above an example of the ineffectivenes of this approach both in determining anything of positive value, and in proving/disproving either case*

It is simply reason versus superstition.

It is the Enlightenment versus Revelation.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why would you try to argue a case either way? Everything exists naturally in it's own place, and therefore, it must have some sort of relationship. Just because you don't know anything about Spirituality, just because you're so wrapped up in your own intellect, just because you want to make it seem like you're an intellect, or that you don't know enough about both Science and Spirituality together, doesn't mean you have the liberty to say you it can't be true.

But nor am I saying it is correct..though I'd like to think it is. Why wouldn't it be? Emotions aren't something we develop out of nothing..like they said in the video, they are genetic. And how Fear and Love are the only two emotions, I can definitely see that. It's like the primary colors-red, yellow, and blue- and look at the color wheel.

Don't be ignorant or judging when dealing with the unknown, it just makes you look retarted. I'm not trying to prove the case either way because there is simply not enough evidence to prove it, but only speculations, but I'd like to speculate that they can and do coexist.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
"To be honest I can't take your position seriously because of two reasons. First is that critical thinking is not one of your strenghts and another one is that you are know almost anything about science.
I am pretty sure you know about what I am talking about here.

You say that science is a child and that is true. But what is spiritualism then?

To the very idea of spiritualism is a nonsense. Things are true or they are not true there is no room for spiritual in this. The main reason why serious scientist don't have a respect for spiritualists is because you are so sure that your are ahead of us and that it is just a matter of time before we prove all of your conviction as truths and you don't hold to natural laws already discovered. "

When they say that science is "catching up" it means that because science has it's own language, it has lag time to understand and describe what spiritualists and esoteric teachers can tell you in one generalized sentence.

Want an example? Here's something interesting to consider, there's a quote in the bible somewhere that says "in the begginning everything was sound"
Okay so that's the generalization, now there is scientific proof that this statement was true, science now understands that EVERYTHING exists in it's unique vibrational frequency(this frequency is was causes formation of matter), which in simpler terms is sound. Science had to go through alot of research in order to come to this conclusion though. It's different terminology but in the end both agree on the same conclusion though don't they?

Also they are right that scientists usually are just catching up, they might think they made a brilliant discovery but ironically it's ancient knowledge. They just found a new brilliant explanation.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sure, and if you don't understand mathematics, you don't understand statistics. And if you don't understand statistics, you don't understand Quantum Mechanics.

And unfortunately for you, Quantum Mechanics is our most accurate representation of reality.

But if you don't understand mathematics, you can always turn to MBTI.

And sure, MBTI doesn't represent reality, but it does give us a barcode for our personality.

And a barcode is essential to accurately trade ourselves on the personality market.

And the most important lesson in life you will learn it how to sell yourself - everything else depends upon it.

So forget mathematics and learn MBTi, for your income and your status, and even your pleasingness to God, depend on it.

I am well aware of quantum mechanics and some of its claims. I have even gone through some books about it.
This is the main reason way I have posted the post "now we can go into details". But I simply needed to point that you first have to go through mathematics and chemistry/physics to get to the quantum mechanics. Because if you are jump over those two your can't correctly grasp quantum mechanics.
Which is because quantum mechanics has alot of math in it which people tend to ignore because this math is killing the beauty of idea to them.