• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading aura's????

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I am hugely prescient, to the point of it being a bother. Today's example, and this is a very small one, but this happens multiple times a week to me -- I went into an attorney's office today to make a personal business phone call, which we secretaries sometimes do because we need a little privacy -- and while I was on hold and thinking of nothing in particular, a little scenario drifted through my mind, something like "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I didn't mean to inconvenience you." I know enough about how this works to just observe it and let it go. A couple of seconds after I noticed what was drifting by my mind (something like a daydream), one of the other secretaries came in and showed me an email she had printed out from said attorney, asking if someone were on his phone in his office because they were screwing up his phone line. Upon which I said "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I'll get off the phone right now."

This happens to me all. the. time. The events are not particularly significant, I just often daydream something that happens almost right after. I have personal experience of time not being linear. You can think I'm woo-woo all you want; sometimes I even think it's a little woo, but it happens and that's my reality so I have to accept it.

I took a course in massage therapy and I did that work part-time for a little while and I did pick up bad energy from other people via touch, and was not good at letting go of it. I also would just get messages about people's ailments, for example, I remember once doing shiatsu on a man's foot, and it popped into my head that he had a problem with his intestines, and I said it aloud because it was just a realization that popped into my head and took me by surprise -- and I was right. I once knew a woman was pregnant when she was just at the stage of it showing up on the stick, and she hadn't told anyone. I just got that message, it just popped into my head when I started touching her, like "Oh, you're pregnant!" Once I gave a massage and this person had very very heavy energy. I was doing long Swedish massage strokes on his back. I asked him later if he felt anything in particular or had any visualizations, and he said he felt like I was pushing something heavy and dark out of him, and that's exactly what I felt, too, like I had got ahold of something in his aura and was pulling it away from him. We both felt me pulling it away from him. ETA: because of that experience, I tend to believe in Reiki, and Reiki masters claim they can work on you from a distance.

I don't see auras, though.

I have a lot of that kind of stuff. There's nothing I can do about it so I just relax about it as best I can.

ETA: I have "heard" people thinking stuff. Someone will stop and grope for a word, and the image will pop into my head and I'll say it for them, as if they'd said it, like "Oh, yeah, Elvira." Stuff they're thinking that's off the wall, not like just completing someone's sentence. This is another thing I keep under my hat, so to speak, but sometimes I think to myself, "I CAN HEAR YOU THINKING IT" and I watch the person do what I know they are thinking, or I say it aloud for them and watch them freak, "I was just thinking that!"

I believe you, sometimes I think INFJs just feel too strongly but I just have to accept that. Not to mention my own experiences which I can explain logically and yet somehow people still won't understand (IMO they don't want to out of fear) except for maybe the INFJ, I think because we share that Ni dominant function. I'm not very emotional but I'm intensely spiritual, I've gone through many changes over the years, and I have a close infj friend who saw me go through these radical experiences and he believed me, and probably kept me sane because I would of just went crazy if no one understood.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
why would people of a "better" social class have greater emissions? i am confused.

1) It's not better, its different. Better at some things, not as good at others.
The best analogy I can think of is body physiques of people who exercise alot. A swimmer looks different from a rock climber looks different from a jogger looks different from a weight lifter probably looks different from a martial artist. All have cultivation, just different cultivations. When a person's chi, and other stuff as appropriate, restructures itself to form a specialized kind of "network" for lack of a better word, I call than "an aura [chi] configuration." Much of what interests me in reading other people's auras is finding people who have configurations and trying to understand what they mean and how they get made. I can reconfigure parts of my aura largely-at-will.

2) Overall, I'd say more well-to-do => greater depth of instantaneous experience, in many ways more "empowered", more surface, more transitory. Like a rollercoaster ride where things don't stay the same for very long but its presumably fun doing all the ups and downs! Just don't look too much for MEANINGFUL depth. auras often are extremely assertive and possibly quite pushy. All the above are generalizations, individuals can vary widely.

3) overall, I'd say less-money=> greater temporal stability, less "constantly looking for the newest thing" [note: I can sense acquisition and emission rates of certain things in auras], more okay with what is as it is, not always looking for the newest "neat shiny thing", often more connected when dealing with people, often interactions are more honest

To me, a lot of these things deal with flow rates, densities, assertions/pushes, and in particular the way an aura configures or integrates itself.

Sometimes the things I sense contain "hurt" though. All else being equal, more chi and/or a greater density of chi = better. Of course, more exercise, better food, breathing better, drinking more water, more sunlight, more time in nature, and other things will contribute to the quantity and quality of one's chi and the rest of one's aura. You can always work with what you've got. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people that I've met that have had "crazy awesome" levels of chi were very well to do. But many of the people that had "very strong levels of chi without any apparent indications of spiritual training" were from well-to-do backgrounds.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
1) It's not better, its different. Better at some things, not as good at others.
The best analogy I can think of is body physiques of people who exercise alot. A swimmer looks different from a rock climber looks different from a jogger looks different from a weight lifter probably looks different from a martial artist. All have cultivation, just different cultivations. When a person's chi, and other stuff as appropriate, restructures itself to form a specialized kind of "network" for lack of a better word, I call than "an aura [chi] configuration." Much of what interests me in reading other people's auras is finding people who have configurations and trying to understand what they mean and how they get made. I can reconfigure parts of my aura largely-at-will.

2) Overall, I'd say more well-to-do => greater depth of instantaneous experience, in many ways more "empowered", more surface, more transitory. Like a rollercoaster ride where things don't stay the same for very long but its presumably fun doing all the ups and downs! Just don't look too much for MEANINGFUL depth. auras often are extremely assertive and possibly quite pushy. All the above are generalizations, individuals can vary widely.

3) overall, I'd say less-money=> greater temporal stability, less "constantly looking for the newest thing" [note: I can sense acquisition and emission rates of certain things in auras], more okay with what is as it is, not always looking for the newest "neat shiny thing", often more connected when dealing with people, often interactions are more honest

To me, a lot of these things deal with flow rates, densities, assertions/pushes, and in particular the way an aura configures or integrates itself.

Sometimes the things I sense contain "hurt" though. All else being equal, more chi and/or a greater density of chi = better. Of course, more exercise, better food, breathing better, drinking more water, more sunlight, more time in nature, and other things will contribute to the quantity and quality of one's chi and the rest of one's aura. You can always work with what you've got. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people that I've met that have had "crazy awesome" levels of chi were very well to do. But many of the people that had "very strong levels of chi without any apparent indications of spiritual training" were from well-to-do backgrounds.

Hey scott have you heard of Wilhelm Reich, he was a suppressed scientist who seemed to have collected and bottled CHI, except he called it Orgone. He ran an electric motor with it too supposedly.
Here's a video if you are interested.
YouTube - Wilhelm Reich and the Orgone Energy

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hey Scott, thanks! your last post really cleared up the social class thing for me. i can see what you are talking about now, it makes a lot of sense.
haha, i guess sometimes i just get defensive about "lower" classes...

so when you are reading someone's aura, do social class and other issues like that affect you? i mean, is it hard to read an aura of someone who is very different culturally from you? if you have a strong relationship with someone, does the relationship (or your ideas about what the relationship is) affect your reading?

by the way, i really like the idea of auras being completely revealing of a person. it is ironic, i do not like the idea of people knowing a great deal about me, but i think there is something very comforting and comfortable in the idea of auras being very revealing. it is like a leveler of people.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
hey Scott, thanks! your last post really cleared up the social class thing for me. i can see what you are talking about now, it makes a lot of sense.
haha, i guess sometimes i just get defensive about "lower" classes...

so when you are reading someone's aura, do social class and other issues like that affect you? i mean, is it hard to read an aura of someone who is very different culturally from you? if you have a strong relationship with someone, does the relationship (or your ideas about what the relationship is) affect your reading?

by the way, i really like the idea of auras being completely revealing of a person. it is ironic, i do not like the idea of people knowing a great deal about me, but i think there is something very comforting and comfortable in the idea of auras being very revealing. it is like a leveler of people.

I think auras contain ALL sorts of information for those capable of sensing them deeply. Always more layers of the onion so to speak.

A variety of things can stand out to me in a persons aura, and a number of those can be very impactful, either positively or negatively. How open someone's "heart" is, how interpersonally "warm" they are, how mentally active they are [I work with a lot of very cerebral people], how physically active they are, how balanced they are overall in their life, etc. The social class one, that often can be amongst the hardest for me. Okay, so someone is well to do and perky and very extraverted and seems to think that the world revolves around them; do I respect their perkiness and enthusiasm? do I think "hey, princess, get over yourself!", do I respect how into physical fitness they are? do I think less of them for being emotionally toying or catty with people?

Hmm, other cultures. I can be not as focused and/or grounded while traveling, which can diminish my sensitivities to "subtle things", but even then I still get general feelings about stuff: "this person is friendly, that person is mad, they exercise a lot, they are SO not focused!, etc"

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Someone told me they saw the aura of the massage therapist who was about to work on me. Otherwise, can't remember if anyone has said outright "aura" to me.

I'm not sure if someone talks about people's "auras" if they mean literally they see something physical and it is an aura, or they mean more metaphorically. Like saying someone has a "great presence" or a "beautiful spirit" or is "an old soul".

Personally, it's a little pet peeve of mine when people announce to everyone that they are psychic. I think if it's true you don't need to announce it to strangers unless you plan on doing party tricks or you are working (as a psychic).

It's unsettling at the very least to announce that to strangers and at worst a mind game. I had a friend who went to interview for a roommate slot in a group house and one of her potential roommates announced off the bat, 'I'm psychic and I can tell things about people'. Ridic. My friend was so uncomfortable she wanted to bounce right away.

Also, if the person seriously believes they are psychic depending on how they think they are psychic - it can smack of hubris. Like extreme Intuitive confidence that you can correctly "read" people and if they deny it they are lying.

I do believe in powers outside of what science/medicine can explain but I don't believe in 100% omniscience or accuracy even for people who might have supernatural abilities. I think it mostly falls into the realm of "random", "uncontrollable", and "unexplained".

PS If anyone can actually read auras, please read mine. Thanks.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Amargith,

I posted some newpics of me on the bottom of page 397, would you be willing to take a look and note what you sense? If so, feel free to post or PM, either way is fine.

My thoughts: I am intense, and have lots of chi. But is it a good intense or a bad intense? Do I have that serious stern focused quasi-harsh focused-disciplined vibe that many advanced eastern yogis and meditators have? Keep working grasshopper!

addition: I'm also debating how open my crown and heart centers are, third eye should be too [sahasrara, anahata, ajna]. A friend had a hard time being in my personal area [ie bedroom/studyroom], or getting too close to me cuz it would overload his third eye and crown centers when he did.

Last edited:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My parents have a cleaning lady that claims to be psychic and is also a magnetizer or whatever it's called in English.

Last week one of their cats dissappeared and didn't come back for two days. She immidiatly said the cat wasn't dead, but would never come back either. Presumably stolen. One hour later the cat was pawing the door. Yes, she said. It's not always exact. Sometimes divine powers interfere..

That's the one bit I have a problem with, with all psychic people. Their ability to justify everything. As if it's the most normal thing in the world. You can't go assuming divine intervention at the moment you're wrong. What are you trying to prove? Just say "Damn, I was wrong. I don't know why.". Maybe then the psychic people would at least save some face and credibility.

Making up excuses never works. :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The thing is with any skill it takes practise and it's hard to hone this one as it is still not understood how it exactly works. So yes, I agree she should fess up to making a mistake. I disagree that that means it doesn't work. Just as when you'd say that if you shoot an arrow and can't manage to do so, the concept of bow and arrow is therefore something that cannot work. It just takes practise to get it right.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Amargith,

I posted some newpics of me on the bottom of page 397, would you be willing to take a look and note what you sense? If so, feel free to post or PM, either way is fine.

My thoughts: I am intense, and have lots of chi. But is it a good intense or a bad intense? Do I have that serious stern focused quasi-harsh focused-disciplined vibe that many advanced eastern yogis and meditators have? Keep working grasshopper!

addition: I'm also debating how open my crown and heart centers are, third eye should be too [sahasrara, anahata, ajna]. A friend had a hard time being in my personal area [ie bedroom/studyroom], or getting too close to me cuz it would overload his third eye and crown centers when he did.

Told you before, I am not trained in this though. This is somethign I haven't exactly focussed on in my craft. But I'll give it a shot.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is with any skill it takes practise and it's hard to hone this one as it is still not understood how it exactly works. So yes, I agree she should fess up to making a mistake. I disagree that that means it doesn't work. Just as when you'd say that if you shoot an arrow and can't manage to do so, the concept of bow and arrow is therefore something that cannot work. It just takes practise to get it right.

I didn't say it doesn't work. But when I see her trying to squirm her way out of it, I will think twice about how serious she is about that stuff. :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah well, a bad craftsman blames the tools, unfortunately :D

And..I have to admit defeat as well.

I took a look at your pics, Scott...One gives me a blue-white feeling, the other a soft orange. Now I have to admit that your profile and posts have always had a soft amber-orange feel, so I'd go with that one...no clue though what it means and if it answers your questions :)

As for the intensity, I'd say it fluctuates. I'm basing this on both that one pic and your posts now. You have a glint of intensity that can surface at any time I'd guess, but it seems to be mostly in a state of rest. Compare to for instance a tiger who's lounging about but still will notice everything that goes on in his environment (not saying this is your totem, just telling you this as a clarification of what I meant).

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Someone told me they saw the aura of the massage therapist who was about to work on me. Otherwise, can't remember if anyone has said outright "aura" to me.

I'm not sure if someone talks about people's "auras" if they mean literally they see something physical and it is an aura, or they mean more metaphorically. Like saying someone has a "great presence" or a "beautiful spirit" or is "an old soul".

Personally, it's a little pet peeve of mine when people announce to everyone that they are psychic. I think if it's true you don't need to announce it to strangers unless you plan on doing party tricks or you are working (as a psychic).

It's unsettling at the very least to announce that to strangers and at worst a mind game. I had a friend who went to interview for a roommate slot in a group house and one of her potential roommates announced off the bat, 'I'm psychic and I can tell things about people'. Ridic. My friend was so uncomfortable she wanted to bounce right away.

Also, if the person seriously believes they are psychic depending on how they think they are psychic - it can smack of hubris. Like extreme Intuitive confidence that you can correctly "read" people and if they deny it they are lying.

I do believe in powers outside of what science/medicine can explain but I don't believe in 100% omniscience or accuracy even for people who might have supernatural abilities. I think it mostly falls into the realm of "random", "uncontrollable", and "unexplained".

PS If anyone can actually read auras, please read mine. Thanks.

As for using "auras" in a sentence I can go either way, I sense non-physical things outside of your physical body, or as in a matter of speech such as "they have an aura of dignity about them."

You'll almost never hear me call myself psychic, though I might say "psychic-level capacities" or "I can do things that other people might describe as psychic" or "psychic-like" or "I have sensitivities/awarenesses beyond the typical". There are things beyond psychic, they are more important. My eastern bias shows through there huh?

People who make apoint to tell others that, I've never really understood it. I get that they might be looking for others who are too and want to talk to them, but it seems so defining or excluding or something. I don't go around telling people I just met that I am vegetarian for example. If they asked I'd tell them no problem, but I see no point in bringing it up out of the blue to someone I just met and know almost nothing about.

You got some pictures somewhere or something that I can go off??? Also, I might sense things but not consider them worthwhile enough to mention, or I might not really notice things. I've been in situations where people have asked, and nothing especially stands out one way or another at least nothing exotic, and so then everythign I can comment on is basically an extension of body language and such. For example "you think a lot", "your very sociable and friendly" "your very physically active" etc.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah well, a bad craftsman blames the tools, unfortunately :D

And..I have to admit defeat as well.

I took a look at your pics, Scott...One gives me a blue-white feeling, the other a soft orange. Now I have to admit that your profile and posts have always had a soft amber-orange feel, so I'd go with that one...no clue though what it means and if it answers your questions :)

As for the intensity, I'd say it fluctuates. I'm basing this on both that one pic and your posts now. You have a glint of intensity that can surface at any time I'd guess, but it seems to be mostly in a state of rest. Compare to for instance a tiger who's lounging about but still will notice everything that goes on in his environment (not saying this is your totem, just telling you this as a clarification of what I meant).

Colors as feelings, hmmm. To the extent that I can relate to colors I associate them with traditional aura color interpretations. Looking stuff up earlier, I saw that orange was apparently like an adventuresome color. Red is more like physicality per se. I do do scenic driving and hikes, which I'd guess would be more blue [calmness], and green [healing, connection to nature], but I guess orange could fit? Denver is very physically active, maybe I'm picking that up from my more athletic achieving goal-oriented outdoorsy city-mates??? Let me ask a question: is it common for people to see color(s) and not know how to interpret them? IME the answer often seems to be yes. Ooh, so you get feelings from people's [or at least mine perhaps?] posts? I must say I can't do that. Getting emails from people I know I can sometimes feel the impingement of the authors thought-forms, but from people I don't know yeah not so much. So the colors you mentioned above, do any of them carry particular meanings with respect to you noticing them from me? I feel like my aura is much less green than it used to be, and other people have mentioned small amounts of orange. Have you gotten any particular vibes from my posts that I should be aware of, or that you are willing to share? I wanna take and post a pic of me after doing some of my breathing methods training. That might get pretty interesting.

I feel like when I look at pics of me they are healthier than I'd expect them to be [apparently I feel internally more distracted than I actually am/give off???], but when I look further out, say 2-4 feet, I sense like the things there are too rushed. As in being performed too fast or not taking the time to experience the moment properly. Instead of being my in-the-moment living-for-the-experience NFP self, like there is a TJ-ish external influence pushing me to be "faster" about things. I often directly feel that around many INTJ individuals. I think you wrote somewhere that your boyfriend is Ni-Te which would mean INTJ. Have you ever noticed similar experiences, like you feel "rushed" about things especially emotionally?

In chinese martial arts there is the concept of "explosive force" wherein basically one is generally at rest/relaxation, but in a moment of need you controllably tense and direct all of your strength in a very "explosive" manner. For comparison, people other people often hold muscular tension while awaiting something, and then in the moment of exertion part of their effort is wasted in fighting themself, or if you prefer lost as resisitive friction in then muscular/skeletal system. My taoist training in particular emphasizes general relaxation with the ability to instantaneously generate and direct focused attention. My yogic training is generally far more "constant equal level of exertion/awareness."

So now that you've read me some, do I get to read you at all??? Feel free to say no, not a problem. While not lying or anything, I'm mostly playing around with you. If you wanted me to I could give it a try, but mostly I'm trying to be cute and funny here. You know its funny, I swear that like every ENFP that I've ever met that I can think of has been quite "cute". Its like you all were forced to drink some "special cute sauce" before being born or something... :wubbie: However, I think that when we INFP's were in the same boat we were only give the "how to be an adorable little kid" sauce, which wears out maybe around the teenage years or so? But you, you ENFP'S your "special cute sauce" lasts forever, or at least until your 40's or so. Not fair!!!
I want to be more ENFP-like!!! At least selectively and at the moments of my choosing. :wubbie:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I think the ability to understand non-verbal clues in a very profound way, to the point where you can call it an aura, is a skill that is firmly underrated and worthy of respect.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Would those of you who can read auras be so kind. I included different situations at different periods to ensure one particular mood did not throw it off.

Pictures by meyer7717 - Photobucket

What I sense: your aura is big, both pranically and emotionally. At moments I could pass you for an ENFJ [thats impressions, not aura reading]. You seem quite healthy overall and I am generally quite impressed! Maybe you can pass along your secrets to some of your other NT brethren for me???

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If what i sens eis accurate, you seem to have a lot more going on emotionally than most NT's I'm used to and your feelings/emotions seem well developed. Other NT's I've know seem to have little trust or interest in there emotions. Woohoo for balanced NT's!

Frank

If what i sens eis accurate, you seem to have a lot more going on emotionally than most NT's I'm used to and your feelings/emotions seem well developed. Other NT's I've know seem to have little trust or interest in there emotions. Woohoo for balanced NT's!

All of these pics were taken in the years following my divorce. The divorce forced me to face emotions for the first time in my life. I never grew so much as during that period. Worst but also the best thing I have ever went through.