• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading aura's????

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
INTJ's aren't known for their strong [inter]personal skills, or for generally giving a da[r]n about other people. That's why I found it surprising. Please note that most INTJ's that I have met have been physicists, and rather cerebral. "Oh, you walked into the room, I didn't notice, I was too busy thinking about..." kinda stuff
True, we might suck at social interactions, but we are still good at spotting stuff in others. Or maybe I have just been balanced for too long. Hehe. :devil:

Haha, and that response is very classy, I agree, yes. :D

Hm, and I must say, you seem to be very much into aura-reading. Your questions seem to never end. Not that it's something bad or so. Just noticed.
Sorry I can't be of too much help though. I guess I am not too fond of exposing myself or friends.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I dont associate what I do with people as 'reading auras'... but I find that very often when I meet someone new, I can barely remember the words of our conversation, but I remember very distinctly the FEELING I had when we were talking. Kind of like... recognizing the soul of the person rather than the body... its hard to describe. I get 'good' feelings from people, 'bad' feelings from people...and a couple of times I've done an about face and walked away from someone I met on the street who looked otherwise normal and nice but I got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

One of those times was a woman walking on the sidewalk who tried to talk to me, and even my dog didn't like her. My dog is friendly as all get-out but she was growling and had her hair raised at this woman. Not sure if the dog sensed MY tension and was reacting to that, or if she sensed what I sensed in the woman.

I don't see 'colors' or get concrete words to associate with the person, and it doesn't happen all the time. I've always just considered it my gut instinct and the only times I tend to find trouble are when I ignore it.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Let me bring this thread back up.

I have a question for others that I will ask and then explain later, after I blab a bit first. I recently started re-reading a translation of Karma Chagme's Naked Awareness: Practical Instructions on the Union of Dzogchen and Mahamudra. I didn't get more than like 3 lines into it before being reminded that the Vajrayana [ie Tibetan Buddhism] is quite possibly the most esoteric/occult religion in existence. Sure, Taoism has its moments, and some of the subsets of Hinduism utterly ooze it out too, but man hands down it seems like the Tibetans have it everywhere. Wanna have your thoughts on reincarnations challenged: sure Taoism has made references [Bruce Kumar Frantzis in particular comes to mind] to each person's embodiment involves a collection of spirits/shen, which did their own things before your physical birth, and will go their own separate ways after your physical death [so much for the thought that you have/are one soul that keeps coming back and evolving], but man look at the Vajrayana and they have stories of their people's souls splitting into say 7 pieces that each reincarnate in different bodies at the same time, and then start re-merging later on down the road in incarnations after that. So and so is the "wisdom reincarnation" of some other so and so. Other person is the "karuna reincarnation" of some other person. Yes, very interesting. So and so was reborn as the reincarnation of the famous so and so, and at the age of three had clairvoyant visions of hidden scrolls [terma] and then at the age of 10 translated such and such famous work on such and such advanced esoteric topic, and before they died they made predictions of where and under what conditions they would next be reborn, and then at the predicted time others went to the predicted spot and found said predicted reincarnation. Oh, by the way, Mahamudra and Dzogchen are super-advanced meditation practices that basically take one from one level of enlightenment to another. That's right, levels of enlightenment. See what I mean about esoteric? Other traditions recognise those two levels of enlightenment [formless, non-dual] as well. Paraphrasing Ken Wilber, "I am not aware of any evidence anywhere in any of the great wisdom traditions of the world that point to any states beyond the non-dual."

Anyways, enough side-babbling and onto my question. For people trained to deal with psychic energies, what would you think of the idea of intentionally sucking in people's suffering/negative stuff, while giving away your own positive stuff??? "Visualize black acrid smoke that is others confusion, pain, suffering, illness, worry, anxiety, etc, and breath this into yourself. Keep doing this for a while. Then visualize your love, your warmth, your compassion, your caring, your peace, and now give that away to others. Keep doing that for a while."

Does this sound like a definition of stupidity? Don't people usually try to block/NOT acquire others negativities/junk? Don't people usually try to hold onto their positive qualities and not just send them "out there" where whoever can "take them" or whatever? If you did do the above, should one not then have your aura/self filled with other people's junk? Do you lose some of your warmth/caring by openly giving it away/sending it to all others?

Thoughts? Responses? I ask this for a reason. I wanna get some feedback first then I'll explain.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't consider myself trained, but I used to do that, to ease their pain. The thing is that doing so does take away their pain somewhat, but it doesn't cure the cause. On the other hand, I couldnt' live with myself if I wouldn't be sensitive to their subconscious cries for help. But yes, it drains you and leaves you completely tired, sad and in serious need of recharging. Worse is even when they don't give you that break.

Over time, I developped a barrier. Stopped sharing as much of myself, both in emotional terms as in informational terms. I learned to not get swept up in it, and that they didn't need me to invest myself completely to get the same result. I still get drained, but then someone has to be intensely hurting, or I have to be helping out several people at once. As I don't always notice it, my SO will tap me on the shoulder if I go overboard. I don't feel drained and empty as often anymore though, coz I've got a small barrier there nowadays. But it takes time and experience to figure out how thick you want it, how high it should be in order to remain sensitive and helpfull yet not drown in it yourself.

Also, I learned to mostly inspire them and stimulate their confidence to deal with whatever it was that was causing them to feel this way. Again, you can take away the pain but there's no point if you don't take away the cause. As we say in Dutch, it's like mopping up the water while the tap is kept open.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can't read auras or anything like that but I would be curious to try aura reading at some point just to see what they say. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay for it so it might be that my aura will never be read. ;)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
We might run into a terminology issue here: Do you all train to deal with levels of existence "more subtle" than the "spirit world"/astral plane? Also, how about what I would call "subtle bodies", subtler than say, the astral, or mental, or "psychic" body? I might have asked that earlier in this thread. I tend to hate saying "psychic body" because some systems use that term [B K Frantzis for example], and others don't. Sometimes I say "psychic body" as a quick substitute for "your deeper subtle bodies that reincarnate with you" and other times I simply mean Frantzis's layer that he calls "the psychic body". So many systems, so many terminologies! and they don't necessarily overlap/agree!!! Would you all train to emanate out of "subtle bodies" subtler than the astral body, for example?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can't read auras or anything like that but I would be curious to try aura reading at some point just to see what they say. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay for it so it might be that my aura will never be read. ;)

I've met people whop will briefly describe yours without charging you. Usually, they were my friends, or I was at an informational session [I don't remember if that was free or some nominal charge though].

I don't know what your interest level, but if you can find someone that is really good I'd say its worth paying the money. IME, when people do "healings", they are almost certainly sensing parts of your aura, and can describe that to you if you wish. Those are often more detailed and not as, umm, flattering though. On a basic level someone can find the predominant color(s) in your [emotional] aura and describe that to you. I think that's what people who ask "what is my aura like?" usually want to know. Of note, not everyone sees/senses colors in auras. I often don't for example, but I sense plenty of other things that would take longer to explain to someone. Course, you gotta find someone that is good...

The analogy I hear a lot for describing "healings" is to say "they are like a shower for your soul." Briefly put, there are other "dimensions of your being", and they can be impinged on/interfered with for various reasons, or somehow blocked, clogged, etc. A "healing" generally undoes those sorts of things. Somewhat similar to acupuncture and unblocking/stimulating acupuncture points and chi meridians. Being in nature, catching sunlight, eating healthy food, drinking plenty of water, physical exercise, breathing well will do some of those things as well, especially for your chi [the "lowest" level/layer of your aura].

I will say, most of the people who read the basic colors in my aura, there were no real surprises there. "I see lots of blue and green, which indicate an easy-going personality and a affinity for nature and maybe healing as well. That yellow around your head indicates you think a lot."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We might run into a terminology issue here: Do you all train to deal with levels of existence "more subtle" than the "spirit world"/astral plane? Also, how about what I would call "subtle bodies", subtler than say, the astral, or mental, or "psychic" body? I might have asked that earlier in this thread. I tend to hate saying "psychic body" because some systems use that term [B K Frantzis for example], and others don't. Sometimes I say "psychic body" as a quick substitute for "your deeper subtle bodies that reincarnate with you" and other times I simply mean Frantzis's layer that he calls "the psychic body". So many systems, so many terminologies! and they don't necessarily overlap/agree!!! Would you all train to emanate out of "subtle bodies" subtler than the astral body, for example?

no clue :blush:
This to me, is instinctual. I know about some of the theory behind astral travel, and I've done a little of it, but I don't focus on the theory behind healing or the several bodies. I know of the several bodies you have according to viking lore, but that's it. When I 'help' someone, I do tend to see shifts in their color, in their..energy? Lightbursts, dark clouds, that kind of stuff, but that's usually coupled to feelings and I have no clue if that is caused by the emotions I'm getting or if it's my minds eye. It's on my list of things to delve into, but right now I'm working on other stuff.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty much like Amargith in this regard. It's instinctual and such.

Decided to not post earlier because I figured people would think I was crazy, but it's too late for that. ;)

EDIT: This is pretty much why-

I have an "ability" that I don't like to discuss either because you get tired of arguing with the non believers. You learn that sometimes it's a waste of time, mainly it's with sensors, you learn to communicate with those who are receptive to it.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know what your interest level, but if you can find someone that is really good I'd say its worth paying the money. IME, when people do "healings", they are almost certainly sensing parts of your aura, and can describe that to you if you wish. Those are often more detailed and not as, umm, flattering though. On a basic level someone can find the predominant color(s) in your [emotional] aura and describe that to you. I think that's what people who ask "what is my aura like?" usually want to know. Of note, not everyone sees/senses colors in auras. I often don't for example, but I sense plenty of other things that would take longer to explain to someone. Course, you gotta find someone that is good...

Yes, that is the problem. Finding a good aura reader. I could even pay for a really interesting aura reading session done by a person who really can do it and is good in it. Because I am open to the possibility of auras and all sorts of things. I don't necessarily believe either but don't deny it either.
It would be interesting and I would be very curious to hear what they have to say even in deeper level.

I haven't had any opportunity for this kind of activity and haven't tried to find an aura reader. But I'm always very curious of new things. ;)

One INFP in my previous work place went regularly to aura readings. He also did yoga and was a vegetarian. Many people thought him as the funny sort of guy. I though his experiences and view on life was refreshingly different and interesting. :) Too bad I cannot remember what he told me about aura readings and how his aura was said to be.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
One INFP in my previous work place went regularly to aura readings. He also did yoga and was a vegetarian. Many people thought him as the funny sort of guy. I though his experiences and view on life was refreshingly different and interesting. :) Too bad I cannot remember what he told me about aura readings and how his aura was said to be.

Hmmm, THAT sounds vaguely familiar for some reason :newwink:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
For those who can do so, and are willing to publicly state it:
1) Can you "read auras"?
Negative.
2) What can you usually sense?
How much someone dislikes me.
3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
I can't, but when enough people will go anything to avoid you, it becomes automatic.
4) How did you learn this?
Time.
5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
I study body language, so that I can better understand the hordes of S's that surround me.
6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?
I used to be prescient.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am hugely prescient, to the point of it being a bother. Today's example, and this is a very small one, but this happens multiple times a week to me -- I went into an attorney's office today to make a personal business phone call, which we secretaries sometimes do because we need a little privacy -- and while I was on hold and thinking of nothing in particular, a little scenario drifted through my mind, something like "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I didn't mean to inconvenience you." I know enough about how this works to just observe it and let it go. A couple of seconds after I noticed what was drifting by my mind (something like a daydream), one of the other secretaries came in and showed me an email she had printed out from said attorney, asking if someone were on his phone in his office because they were screwing up his phone line. Upon which I said "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I'll get off the phone right now."

This happens to me all. the. time. The events are not particularly significant, I just often daydream something that happens almost right after. I have personal experience of time not being linear. You can think I'm woo-woo all you want; sometimes I even think it's a little woo, but it happens and that's my reality so I have to accept it.

I took a course in massage therapy and I did that work part-time for a little while and I did pick up bad energy from other people via touch, and was not good at letting go of it. I also would just get messages about people's ailments, for example, I remember once doing shiatsu on a man's foot, and it popped into my head that he had a problem with his intestines, and I said it aloud because it was just a realization that popped into my head and took me by surprise -- and I was right. I once knew a woman was pregnant when she was just at the stage of it showing up on the stick, and she hadn't told anyone. I just got that message, it just popped into my head when I started touching her, like "Oh, you're pregnant!" Once I gave a massage and this person had very very heavy energy. I was doing long Swedish massage strokes on his back. I asked him later if he felt anything in particular or had any visualizations, and he said he felt like I was pushing something heavy and dark out of him, and that's exactly what I felt, too, like I had got ahold of something in his aura and was pulling it away from him. We both felt me pulling it away from him. ETA: because of that experience, I tend to believe in Reiki, and Reiki masters claim they can work on you from a distance.

I don't see auras, though.

I have a lot of that kind of stuff. There's nothing I can do about it so I just relax about it as best I can.

ETA: I have "heard" people thinking stuff. Someone will stop and grope for a word, and the image will pop into my head and I'll say it for them, as if they'd said it, like "Oh, yeah, Elvira." Stuff they're thinking that's off the wall, not like just completing someone's sentence. This is another thing I keep under my hat, so to speak, but sometimes I think to myself, "I CAN HEAR YOU THINKING IT" and I watch the person do what I know they are thinking, or I say it aloud for them and watch them freak, "I was just thinking that!"

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I lost my prescience when I turned 12, and based off of my last vision, I should be dead in about another year or two.

Alchemiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I cannot see auras although I believe others can. I took a spiritual healing class recently and aura "reading" was part of it so I figured I'd see them by the end but instead you put your hands near the person and felt their aura. Or if you are like me, you put your hands near the person and hoped you were kinda sorta close to maybe feeling something. Plus you had to repair aura holes and disconnect anyone corded to the person. I can surrender disbelief enough to do this (you connect to a healing guide who instructs where to put your hands etc.) but don't feel it as strongly as other things I've done.

I had a psychic reading a couple weeks ago and it started with the woman reading my aura (I've never had a "real" psychic reading or an aura reading before). She saw a rich green in my first (I'm not sure the correct terminology) aura layer, then a dusty grey (which sounds ominous) in the second, and yellow in the third and around my shoulders coming out like big daisy petals. She also said the amethyst she normally sees in the third was missing. The reading itself was quite accurate and helpful and all I had shared was my full name, birthdate, and age. Someone whose opinion I highly trust had recommended her or I wouldn't have tried it.

Just an aside about the religion thing - I used to belong to a women's spirituality group at the local Unitarian church and I was the only non-pagan in the group.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
what are some of the strangest, oddest, most troubling, best, or most interesting things that you've read in auras?

The one that bothers me the most is social class. That makes for some VERY real differences in aura structure IME. It also brings up also sorts of questions relating to value judgements, questions that I refuse to engage in, at least in a x is better period than y kind of way. I keep reminding myself "I respect an aura configuration to the extent that it is healthy and effective. There are many different ways of being healthy and effective." I've seen good and bad examples of aura configurations across the socioeconomic spectrum. I wish there was a way of taking the goods parts of that from one group and "giving" or whatever that to other groups. Me and my idealism again.

Of course there are all sorts of things to sense in people: self-centeredness, apathy, mental derangement, history of drug or alcohol use, hallucination, are all pretty not-not-noticeable IME. Like you'll casually be doing something else not even paying attention beyond that activity, and then POW its in your face in a totally undeniable and unavoidable way. Not that it takes something away from me, but you can't not see it. Kinda like bright sunshine, you could be looking somewhere else doing something else and it just impinges itself upon you.

My favorite thing to look at: saints and very spiritually evolved people

another fun thing to look at: laid back open warm caring people, preferably outdoorsy/hippie-ish. Ahh, Colorado :wubbie:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
The one that bothers me the most is social class. That makes for some VERY real differences in aura structure IME.

are you saying you can see/read a person's social class in their aura? or does a person's social class impact how you see their aura?
to me, social class seems like it would have no bearing on a person's aura.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
are you saying you can see/read a person's social class in their aura? or does a person's social class impact how you see their aura?
to me, social class seems like it would have no bearing on a person's aura.

in. more correctly, expressed through. It's in the chi, in a broad sense of the word [ie not just chi as in the chi body, but calling all subtle energies chi]. Some of it has to do with "flow velocities" if you will. A lot of it has to do with, quantity of emitted/radiated chi outward/perpendicular to the flow velocity direction. For example, chi flow around someone's arm follows their arm [wei chi or guardian chi does IME], but also other chi is emitted perpendicular to the arm. Remember, in addition to the stable flows within the system, we are also always taking things in and giving things off. Simply put, more well to do people often have a greater quantity of these emissions, their immediate feeling is often deeper but also temporaly [sp?] shorter. I could explain better if I was talking to someone in person and could point to things. Words are all we have here though.

Another one I remembered. Chalk this up to the odd or "wish I didn't know" category: people's level of horniness/randiness. Also in the chi. Usually expressed by the chi as "a desire to merge with another's chi". Not just participate in, but merge with. My awarenesses have changed over time, and fortunatelyt I don't sense that one too often anymore. It was always definitely in the "would rather not know" category when I could sense it.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Simply put, more well to do people often have a greater quantity of these emissions, their immediate feeling is often deeper but also temporaly [sp?] shorter.

why would people of a "better" social class have greater emissions? i am confused.

Nat

MBTI Type
INFJ
1) Can you "read auras"?
No
2) What can you usually sense?
At times I seem to pick up on the feelings and thoughts of people I am in close proximity to.
3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
Thoughts just pop into my head and I know it has come from a particular person. I don't know if I'm actually picking up on their thoughts or its just my imagination.
4) How did you learn this?
No idea
5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
No
6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?

I had an aura reading not so long ago, but by taking a picture and having it interpreted. Not sure how accurate those things really are, but I found the interpretation to be quite spot on in terms of how I am as a person.