• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading aura's????

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
amargith, what sense do you get from me? for once i would like to be on the other side of the reading..

Sweety, I think you're better off asking Gargs. She seems to have more control of it. I don't know you, and I haven't seen a pic of yours, so it's really hard to so. Something soft though...a pastel, maybe. I need more time :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, if you're seeing the aura on my picture in my profile.

I had driven 1600 kilometres that day, of which the last 400 were through a snow storm. And I was deadly tired. Logged on internet just before crashing to let some people know I made it and everything and decided to take a picture of my state for fun.

That might explain the dark blue. :D

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
What about me? :blush: *giggle* I've always been curious, and have assumed it's easier to tell when you've met someone IRL. I associate colors with people, but don't actually see them. I find the whole idea really fascinating, and not hard to believe. I'm sure there's something to it.

Bet you didn't expect to spend the day reading aura's, eh?:alttongue:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, interesting. This thread has finally taken off.

Most people that I've talked to have responded with something aong the lines of "Wow, that's so awesome! If you don't mind, would you tell me what my aura is like? [eager anticipation]". But I've also been very selective in who I tell this to. Some others, usually NT's I know from school, have just stood there very quietly, not really saying much of anything. I think NF's are much more into this sort of thing.

I've been very selective about this stuff, but can totally see how people could just feel very uncomfortable around after knowing you do stuff like this.

Personally, I've noticed strong differences between people with different training or belief backgrounds. Personally, I'm very Eastern. Some people find eastern things very self-negating, or too strict, or just too foreign. I tend to find lots of New Agey things too wish-fullfilling or too "I trust in this, therefore something good will come out of it."

Personally, it seems like people who say they talk to spirits are far more "out there" than people who talk about reading auras. I think for the aura thing people can write it off as "this person just reads body language REALLY well", whereas talking with spirits is more likely to be seen as "dude, you need to talk with a psychiatrist or mental health counselor, woo woo."

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, perhaps if I lead others may follow more...

1) Can you "read auras"?
2) What can you usually sense?
3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
4) How did you learn this?
5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?

1) To an extent. I'm sure there are always deeper levels of things, but yes to an extent.
2) Physical activity levels, emotional states, a variety of things. I think I mostly sense things in what I would call the chi and emotional bodies, though if people have a lot going on mentally I can sense that too but only in some general non-specific way.

3) Well, fore the most part I don't see colors, but instead feel vibrations and flows and can interpret those. I can generally correlate those vibrations and flows to "traditional aura colors". I can sense the way chi/prana both vibrates and flows, and both of those things have meanings. Through those I can sense subtle bodies, and to a small extent chakras. Physically active people tend to have a well-moving covering-plenty-of-distance chi that extends perpendicularly out from the body more than an average persons. It also flows parallel to the body quicker and stronger and more cohesively than an avg persons. Some people have very "biog hearts" if you will, and they seem calmer and more open and more listening. They react and respond to you. I can feel that in terms of what is open and active in their systems. Really cerebral people often have what feel like walls where emotional things are kept out, and what little emotional subtle activity is going on is slow, dense, and probably poorly interpreted. When people have special stuff going on, I can feel its vibrational motion and its flow, and I can sense if being given off by them and put into their environment. Most of that is kinda general, but hopefully its a useful orienting kinda general.

4) I trained in a number of things [martial arts, yogic postures, breathing practices, meditation] at the same time. Whatever things, or combination of things, I guess.

5) Yes, but usually indirectly.

6) Lots probably if I could think of them right now. For the moment I'm just trying to keep the ball rolling for this thread.

Overall, I largely sense chi/prana, and mostly in the lower two subtle bodies [chi body, emotional body]. There are plenty of things to observe there, and I keep finding deeper layers of things to sense when my awareness increases. I generally don't see colors per se. Sometimes I can sense lots of prana going into or coming out of a chakra, but usually can't sense the chakra itself [though maybe that's splitting hairs]. I can feel a number of layers and boundaries in auras, and also usually sense the size of different parts within the auric field.

People's beings exist on multiple levels of existence, different aura layers seem to mostly be that part of a person's being on that level of existence. For example, emotional/astral body for the astral/spirit-world level of existence.

Ok, so now that I've blabbed here for a bit, anyone else care to chime in with their details?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Fluffywolf shall henceforth be known as Energyvampire... :)

I'm occasionally told by strangers or people I've just met that I have a bright aura or a green aura. I don't know what to make of it, but I still find it fascinating.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Poeple that actually see colors have always descrivbed me as some combination of blue [calmness], green [nurturing, connection to nature], purple [spiritual stuff] and yellow around my head [activity going on in the brain].

For the "What color is your aura?" book relating to the at least two "indigo children" threads on this forum, I come back very strong indigo and strong crystal. Some people have said "you are SOO indigo!"

For people that can see colors, is that usually or always emotional content in the readee, or can some people here actually see someone's personality as a color, ala the WCIYA book I mentioned just above?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a question. I'm not being disrespectful or sarcastic, but ... who wouldn't have yellow around the brain? Doesn't everybody have activity going on in the brain?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am a synesthete and perceive color from people..usually when they are playing music or speaking at length - eg, expressing themselves intensely.. but i don't think that counts as reading auras, because i am not visually seeing an auric field emanating from a body.

i think i always had this inclination, as my childhood drawings of people most often included strange streaks of colors around their heads (i mean something other than 'hair')

interesting...i would love to have you tell me what color you saw...wanna come over for a chat? :smile:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not negative, and you do have some glints of yellow in there sometimes, when you're teasing someone for instance, or just having fun :)
Blue is usually a peaceful colour, used to calm people down. Marine blue, to me (not sure about the conventions on the meaning of auras), it's quiet, peaceful, often rather serious and contained but can be surprisingly moody, much like a thunderstorm coming out of nowhere.

Actually, not baby blue, but blue nonetheless, close to royal blue I'd say. Very vivid and intense at times.

Maybe it's that I also connect emotions with colours, and that's where I get it? I dunno.

oooh do mine! do mine! :smile:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, you make up your mind whether or not someone fits into your 'us-group' or your 'them-group' in about 40 seconds. It's still possible to change that afterwards, but it's hard. And it has as a consequence that you're likely to glance over the mistakes and imperfections of those in your 'us-group' and notice every little irritation given to you from those in your 'them-group'

whoa...we do do that don't we. i don't think i like that. feels close minded or something...but...maybe it's just the way we function...intuition i guess...hmm.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Jewelchild,

Yes, interesting question. These people seemed to be able to localize colors to areas of the body or areas in the fields around the body. Apparently, this kinda yellow indicates thinking, but as I recall, they say it was limited to just around my head as opposed to say everywhere around the body. Perhaps other people who think harder/more would have it around their whole bodies? But yes, I see your point, most people "think with their heads" last time I checked. Or should I say "mental/cerebral activity occurs in their brain" since "thinking with your ___" could mean other things depending on what replaces the ___

So others that were responding to posters in this thread and describing their auras, I assume you had access to photos of the people posting?

For me, much of what I sense is either an extension of the body, or is generated via will/intent/whatever which I can see its repercussions in the body that I can sense things of off photos, or even just good paintings.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fluffywolf shall henceforth be known as Energyvampire... :)

I'm occasionally told by strangers or people I've just met that I have a bright aura or a green aura. I don't know what to make of it, but I still find it fascinating.

Ex-energyvampire. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, if you're seeing the aura on my picture in my profile.

I had driven 1600 kilometres that day, of which the last 400 were through a snow storm. And I was deadly tired. Logged on internet just before crashing to let some people know I made it and everything and decided to take a picture of my state for fun.

That might explain the dark blue. :D

Hehe, yes it would, but you have your moments when you post too, though most of the time the yellow is pretty prominent when you're here :)

What about me? :blush: *giggle* I've always been curious, and have assumed it's easier to tell when you've met someone IRL. I associate colors with people, but don't actually see them. I find the whole idea really fascinating, and not hard to believe. I'm sure there's something to it.

Bet you didn't expect to spend the day reading aura's, eh?:alttongue:

LOL, I don't even know if that's what I'm doing. Same as before though, I need to get to know you better first and maybe see a pic :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
whoa...we do do that don't we. i don't think i like that. feels close minded or something...but...maybe it's just the way we function...intuition i guess...hmm.

Yup, we do this, all of us, not just ENFPs. In fact, I dunno about you, but I fight this impulse quite frequently, leaving room to change my mind, though I always have a preliminary idea. And, if you go on to think about type, there will probably be some types that automatically stash most people in the 'us'-group till they do somethign to prove them wrong (lose the benefit of the doubt, sort of speak) and those who automatically put just about everyone in the 'themgroup' till they prove them otherwise. Kinda interesting, when you think about it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That makes sense since I mostly come here to have a fun time and have a nice distraction. ^^

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
For me, much of what I sense is either an extension of the body, or is generated via will/intent/whatever which I can see its repercussions in the body that I can sense things of off photos, or even just good paintings.

i think a painting would tell you as much about the painter's aura as the subject's.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Here is a picture, what's my colour?

picture.php