• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I thought it was because his name was Lance.

No. Lance is not smarter than BW.

I do like this thread because I do feel like my words cannot be properly accepted or understood without an avatar fitting to me...hopefully people do take a little bit from the avatar when they read what you have to say. I feel as if I take in a bit of the projected person unconsciously, like how I always take this one INTP's (whose name I can't remember) statements as salty or dry because of his goofy Pokemon avatar with a red background.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I randomly came across this picture when looking for a pic online that "portrays my mood" for a thread.

There is a lot in the picture that represents me. She is looking off into the distance and away from the screen, her body language is calm and inward, and resting against a solid tree. There is an overall melancholy peace in the scene with grey clouds and a field filled with the soft seeds of dandelions which have died. It's not clear where the dandelions end and the clouds begin or where the woman ends and the tree begins. There is a great deal pending visually in the image.

It's the kind of scene that reminds me of my best moments.

Qre:us

I randomly came across this picture when looking for a pic online that "portrays my mood" for a thread.

There is a lot in the picture that represents me. She is looking off into the distance and away from the screen, her body language is calm and inward, and resting against a solid tree. There is an overall melancholy peace in the scene with grey clouds and a field filled with the soft seeds of dandelions which have died. It's not clear where the dandelions end and the clouds begin or where the woman ends and the tree begins. There is a great deal pending visually in the image.

It's the kind of scene that reminds me of my best moments.

Beautiful explanation.

heart

heart on fire
I wonder if people have much thought put into their avatars. Or do certain types put more thought in it than others?

I put no thought into mine, only feeling. I wear whichever one I feel like at the moment.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Philosophically AND spiritually explain the reasoning, and practicality behind the choice of your current online avatar? I'll let YOU go first!

My Halloween costume in 2008 was "The Mighty Thor" <see my picture album> and hence my current avatar is a drawing of him.

I change my avatar frequently though, as I am ADHD, and need shit to do so I don't get into trouble. :whistling:

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Posted before, but I've changed my avatar today. This is a photo of one of my Frogs. I like my frogs, and I like this photo ;)

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
*Desolation Jones bursts into the room, the young woman looks on horrified as he bludgeons the skinhead with a crowbar.*

My avatar represents my retaliatory nature towards what I view as the evils of the world. It's a depiction of how I would like to retaliate but never can. I am not in any way a violent person, if you ask anyone that knows me, they would say "he's not violent, he's just has too much to think about." They'd be right, I think too much on the bad things in life and it bites me by worsening my mood. Dampening my views on the world.

When it comes down to it, I'd like to have an outlet for my anger, but I don't.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I chose a white Persian cat for my avatar because I like white cats especially white Persian cats. I was fortunate to see one in a pet store, though he/she was a bit unfriendly(because of the scowling look). The gray-brown Persian cat I saw a few months later was more friendly and licked my hand! I was SO amused and surprised at the same time! Even my own cats don't lick my finger. Maybe that cat was begging me to buy him(or her).

P.S. If I want to change my avatar, I'll still choose a white Persian cat :)

Meow Ciao!

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Skeptical girl is thinking hard about the dumb things you just said, and she's not happy about it. :rolli:

Really, it just represents my confusion and desire to know. :)

Nice analysis. :laugh: It's an enticing, peaceful, yet dark image. //_^

*Desolation Jones bursts into the room, the young woman looks on horrified as he bludgeons the skinhead with a crowbar.*

My avatar represents my retaliatory nature towards what I view as the evils of the world.

It's very vivid! The brutality is dimmed somewhat by the more symbolic appearance of it. A senseless act takes on a kind of meaning.

----

An avy graveyard: :D
1449493gross1.jpg
big_o_4.jpg
chrnooutlinesmall.jpg
sachielinv2.jpg
a-new-heaven-and-a-new-earth.jpg
lain-29.jpg

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i picked a photo of charles bukowski, a poet. i think i will probably tend to have avatars that are pictues of people i respect. i also enjoy portrait photography, i like to look at pictures of people. i dislike overly formal portrait photography.

here is a poem by Bukowski:

there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you.
wants to get out
but I pour whiskey on him and inhale
cigarette smoke
and the whores and the bartenders
and the grocery clerks
never know that
he's
in there.

wants to get out
I say,
stay down, do you want to mess
me up?
you want to screw up the
works?
you want to blow my book sales in
Europe?
wants to get out
but I'm too clever, I only let him out
at night sometimes
when everybody's asleep.
I say, I know that you're there,
so don't be
sad.
then I put him back,
but he's singing a little
in there, I haven't quite let him
die
and we sleep together like
that
with our
secret pact
and it's nice enough to
make a man
weep, but I don't
weep, do
you?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Benny's the man. And I think I (unintentionally) project that aura of "fuck off mother fucker, can't you see I'm wasted?" he's so fond of, irl sometimes.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
i picked a photo of charles bukowski, a poet. i think i will probably tend to have avatars that are pictues of people i respect. i also enjoy portrait photography, i like to look at pictures of people. i dislike overly formal portrait photography.

here is a poem by Bukowski:

wants to get out
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you.
wants to get out
but I pour whiskey on him and inhale
cigarette smoke
and the whores and the bartenders
and the grocery clerks
never know that
he's
in there.

wants to get out
I say,
stay down, do you want to mess
me up?
you want to screw up the
works?
you want to blow my book sales in
Europe?
wants to get out
but I'm too clever, I only let him out
at night sometimes
when everybody's asleep.
I say, I know that you're there,
so don't be
sad.
then I put him back,
but he's singing a little
in there, I haven't quite let him
die
and we sleep together like
that
with our
secret pact
and it's nice enough to
make a man
weep, but I don't
weep, do
you?

Ahh that's the stuff. :cheers:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well, my avatar is Pip Boy, from the Fallout series. I chose Pip Boy because he's the voice and face of the common man, happy to do whatever needs to be done. He's a beast. Not only that, but his cartoonish nature makes it hard to take him seriously. He looks like a very generic cartoon, but he's unique, which is kinda awesome, and I feel that all of these things represent me.

Plus, who couldn't use a wink, a smile, and a thumbs-up every once in a while? I know I could.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I changed mine to a mind flayer from the same artist.

mind flayers are cool.