• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To have answers or to have questions?

Which would you prefer to be?

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
The answer is in the question.

This is interesting, isn't it?

Particularly as most threads are started by a question. And usually a leading question that telegraphs the answer.

And most here to give the right answer to the question. But if you don't give the correct answer, you are accused of being off topic.

The alternative to asking questions, leading or not, is to make statements and allow the listener to respond in their own way to the statement.

The continual questioning here is extremely controlling and inimical to creativity or even authenticity.

But the purpose of the compulsive questioning is to maintain ego control.

You can see this very clearly when anyone's ego control is threatened, and we have a clash of egos.

Ego control is important but once it has been achieved it can be let go for deliberate periods of time in the interests of creativity.

Otherwise ego control simply becomes tiresome.

Snow Turtle

Think I'd go with the answerer.
Purely because I get the impression that a person doesn't really learn much just asking questions. I ask questions because I seek answers, for me having the answers or understanding is the ultimate goal.

It'd be a shame to lose the questioning part, as it's what motivates me to seek answers in the first place. Acccck confuzzle.

P

Phantonym

I guess I'd be a questioner. Curiosity keeps me on my toes. Asking questions can provide me with surprise, amazement and a sense of purpose.

But I guess it's a reciprocal relationship between the questioners and the answerers.

Hopefully this world would be a world of balance and not tilting to only one side. The sound of why?-why?-whys echoing across the world would be eery.
I guess the majority of answerers could not speak if there were not enough questions.

Where's the fun in that when you know all the answers and you have no-one to share them with?

Actually, can't there be a third party - the observers? I'd much rather be one of them.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
whaaaaat?? this question doesn't make sense to me. I thought it was gonna be whether its better to be ingorant and be a philosopher in search of truths, or be a "wiseman" who has all the knowledge of the universe that he needs, but be intellectually bored...

but this is...... its kind of silly, cuz i just cant imagine any scenario where any cognating entity could either ONLY ask Q's or ONLY recite information. Je suis confused~

could you answer in questions?

this^ is the problem. Gramamtically, a sentence can only be an interogative, or a statement, right? however, linguistically, this isn't as straight forward....

If i'm on the street and im a questioner, and some guy asks me "Hey man, can you tell me where the lemonade stand is on this flier?", I can say "Where is the place that has its denizens toll their bells on sunday whilst seeking this same lemonade?" I've replied with a question, and just told him that the lemonade stand is next to the Church. I also told him that its popular on Sundays with the local christians....

Now if you contend that the Questioners are not "allowed" to have knowledge, well then, they're not really asking questions, are they? They're output machines, not true questioners. True questions come from pre-existing knowledge and information. Its also linguistcally possible to make statements that are obviously "begging" for answers, making them essentially questions.

This problem is (in current form) bunk~ but i still love u Qre!!

~~~~~><~~<3 flower 4 joo!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is interesting, isn't it?

Particularly as most threads are started by a question. And usually a leading question that telegraphs the answer.

And most here to give the right answer to the question. But if you don't give the correct answer, you are accused of being off topic.

The alternative to asking questions, leading or not, is to make statements and allow the listener to respond in their own way to the statement.

The continual questioning here is extremely controlling and inimical to creativity or even authenticity.

But the purpose of the compulsive questioning is to maintain ego control.

You can see this very clearly when anyone's ego control is threatened, and we have a clash of egos.

Ego control is important but once it has been achieved it can be let go for deliberate periods of time in the interests of creativity.

Otherwise ego control simply becomes tiresome.

maybe i do like infp..............men.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What good are answers when there are no questions.

Questioner. 100%

Answer world would be depressive and boring. It is only logic to choose the world of the questions.

Anyone that considers going answerer should really think twice just how dull, boring and depressive that world must look like. :D Yikes.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone that considers going answerer should really think twice just how dull, boring and depressive that world must look like. :D Yikes.

well, it wouldn't be dull, boring, and depressive if thoughtful 'n's were keeping you busy with their questions...........would it?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well, it wouldn't be dull, boring, and depressive if thoughtful 'n's were keeping you busy with their questions...........would it?

Eep, misread OP's post.

Thought the question was one world with only questioners and one with only answerers.

In either case, I'm a questioner though.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eep, misread OP's post.

Thought the question was one world with only questioners and one with only answerers.

In either case, I'm a questioner though.

hahahhahha. yup. i'm still drinking my coffee.......don't confuse me too much this morning!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imagine a parallel universe where humans came in only one of two forms, those who asked only questions, and those who provided only answers. A questioner could never answer, all his/her dialogue were questions, and an answerer could never question, only respond to a question posed.

Which would you choose to be and why?

oooh...i like it. :wubbie:

a questioner definitely ...there's excitement in discovery...to have all the answers seems quite dull.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow.

The problem is that answers vary from completely worthless to very useful. People that have all the answers but never ask any questions tend to favor the former.

So I choose the questioner answerer. So that way I can be the one spewing the BS.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Wow.

The problem is that answers vary from completely worthless to very useful. People that have all the answers but never ask any questions tend to favor the former.

So I choose the questioner answerer. So that way I can be the one spewing the BS.

haha. you're fucking hilarious and i absolutely adore you.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a really curious type of person, but honestly, I'd get more satisfaction out of giving answers. I also think my curiosity would be more satisfied by analyzing the questions I get and the responses to my answers. Also, the more abstract the questions, the better. If I had to answer literal detail-oriented questions all day I'd hire an ISTJ to do it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
answerer

but it doesnt really matter. once the cycle starts, questions will stimuate answers and answers will stimulate more questions

but what will be the first question...that is the question

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
Whenever I have a question, I just research and find out for myself rather than ask someone else...unless I am trying to make conversation. I am a good listener; people tend to talk to me about everything and anything and ask for advice, so I chose 'answerer'.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Id rather be a knowledge seeker then someone who passes on knowledge, because they can never question against anything only give answers to questions asked. I'd choose asking questions.