• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I will kill myself

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm so not going to make a long post here. *cringe*

But this needs to be said.

Chickenshit!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This problem can be solved by stop talking to people. (Just kidding). :D

You're more correct than you think, actually. Usually when I get too depressed, I just start avoiding people completely for a few days. Then I just go numb and "reboot," and it usually returns me to my baseline state.

The reason this works is because it's always other people, or what I project onto other people, that make me depressed.

This makes me kind of like DOS. I never really run into problems on my own, it's the programs and shells that run on top of me that cause problems. By myself, I'm a fairly simple process to sustain, if rather neutral, limited, and cryptic.

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
You're more correct than you think, actually. Usually when I get too depressed, I just start avoiding people completely for a few days. Then I just go numb and "reboot," and it usually returns me to my baseline state.

The reason this works is because it's always other people, or what I project onto other people, that make me depressed.

Yes. I do that sometimes, too. This strategy probably works quite well for introverts.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This makes me kind of like DOS. I never really run into problems on my own, it's the programs and shells that run on top of me that cause problems. By myself, I'm a fairly simple process to sustain, if rather neutral, limited, and cryptic.

Interesting metaphor. Personally, I'm more of a gui OS kinda guy though.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting metaphor. Personally, I'm more of a gui OS kinda guy though.

Have it your way, but that means you're fraught with configuration issues, dependencies, and interconnected processes that could keep you from starting up if even one thing is out of place. Not to mention you require a lot more resources to even operate. ;)

Of course, it probably means you have a lot more raw power, efficiency, and extensibility when you do work, though.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have it your way, but that means you're fraught with configuration issues, dependencies, and interconnected processes that could keep you from starting up if even one thing is out of place. Not to mention you require a lot more resources to even operate. ;)

Of course, it probably means you have a lot more raw power, efficiency, and extensibility when you do work, though.

It's much prefered than configuring a different start up sequence with mem commands and F10 (or was it F11?) yes/no's for each and every different situation to optimize the base memory just so it will run without any problems for the game or program you intend to run with it. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU"]gui person?[/YOUTUBE]

design patterns can go to hell.

Lol, bad writers. :D

That's the equivalant of saying "I'm going to buy a new kitchen to track down my egg salad."

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Lol, bad writers. :D

That's the equivalant of saying "I'm going to buy a new kitchen to track down my egg salad."

actually it's more like, "i'm going to buy a car without engine and try to get it to run"

Snow Turtle

2."Purpose" is an invention. It is subjective. So while my life has purpose to me, and to those I know, I doubt a greater purpose than this exists.

It is subjective. But what would an objective purpose be, and why is there a need for a greater purpose?

Would pleasure seeking behaviour be considered objective or subjective? And if it is objective, is the creation of subjective purposes really that subjective as it fufills the first critiera?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You make being an INTJ sound quite easy.

It's a lot easier than it looks.

You know, I think for maximum effect, this thread should be on the boards right ABOVE "Man pushes suicide jumper off" than below. What do you think?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
So I've got to wait till Thursday at the earliest?

1Not-existing, now that's going to be more up your alley of options.

2Not to question your motives totally, and please correct me if I'm wrong without taking it to heart, but is this all just an elaborate farce to fish for sympathy?

1Yes, I'm not planning on regarding anything once I'm dead. It's more about the triumphant peace that will spread over me when I know that I'm finished. That I've created something that cannot be destroyed, that even after all those who ever knew me have died, it still was.

2I'm really not looking for sympathy. Actually, I've gotten way too much of it - and far more than I expected - in this thread (I do appreciate the kindness of those who offered it though). I'm not sad or in a pitiful position, so I don't deserve sympathy...it's really that simple. Judging by the responses I've gotten, I must not have been clear enough in my OP that this was not a threat of any kind, that I want to die with high spirits, and not wasting on some bed...and I would like to be old.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
well this thread is really uplifting. not sure what you're looking for but if the rest of us miserable fuckers have to keep living, why come you don't?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
well this thread is really uplifting. not sure what you're looking for but if the rest of us miserable fuckers have to keep living, why how come you don't?

Your capitalization and comma placement needs work, too.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
It is subjective. But what would an objective purpose be, and 1why is there a need for a greater purpose?

2Would pleasure seeking behaviour be considered objective or subjective? And if it is objective, is the creation of subjective purposes really that subjective as it fufills the first critiera?

I like this thought. Way to be an SJ on these forums.

1.An objective purpose would not be. It could not be. And I don't see why there is a need for a greater purpose, but many people believe there is one just because they find this thought cold.

2.If we are observing and measuring the behavior, the actions can be considered objective, but the reasons for seeking the pleasure are subjective, so it would be more accurate to see these actions in a "subjective light," I think.

Snow Turtle

I like this thought. Way to be an SJ on these forums.

:cry:

1.An objective purpose would not be. It could not be. And I don't see why there is a need for a greater purpose, but many people believe there is one just because they find this thought cold.

2.If we are observing and measuring the behavior, the actions can be considered objective, but the reasons for seeking the pleasure are subjective, so it would be more accurate to see these actions in a "subjective light," I think.

I'm just thinking that people usually think of an objective purpose as something that can only be given by God or the likes, otherwise it's all subjective. But it doesn't totally make sense to me, why many people seem to need this all encomposing greater purpose that is meant to be objective.

When we create stuff. It might serve an objective purpose, to serve our objective selfish gene which is to continue existance. Hm suddenly I remember what this is all about, whether there is meaning to existance at the most fundamental level.... Scratch the above comments out. I'll just remain as an agnostic on whether there is reasoning behind the movement of an atom.