• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Deception and God

L

Lasting_Pain

All I can say is when I die, I have a lot of questions for God. Even if I get accepted to Heaven or not, he will answer my questions.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Obviously I think it is safe to say that noone really knows the truth. We can all speculate with our various biassed evidence, but in the end it comes down to faith vs faith. I cannot claim a religion, because it doesn't make sense to me. I could claim science (which my brain tells me to), but we don't have all of the pieces yet.

Does a creator (or initiator) exist? The medium conclusion in the scientific approach would say that something started something. Nothing can come from nothing. I think that there was something that initiated (at least) everything as we know it, whether divine intervention exists we have no clue.

I think anyone can put together reason and say it was from God. But if God is eternal as Islam, Judaism, and Christianity state, than time is really nothing outside of our universe, God wouldn't abide by it, he set it in place. If something is eternal than it must exist in a solitary moment, one continuous moment, or really no moment at all.

If our souls exist forever after we die, than truly they must have always existed in some energy, maybe just a thought in a creator's head?

As for the Bible, I am not a Christian (in fact I dislike most Christians I meet), but I have read the entire book a few times with a clear head and with a little research and here are my conlusions:

During the times before Christ and until his death, stories were written and told as stories. For instance: Adam and Eve, Noah and the ark, Jonah and the whale, etc. People understood principles, morals, and values through tales. This is how they got their points across. I love the life of Christ because I think if you leave it in its context you can find some truth and grace in life. He makes incredible points applicable to our time when it comes to social order, class, government, and the like. He was a politician, he provided a great life to model after. I don't know if he did miracles or anything I just think he treated people right. I don't even think you can correctly type him MBTI haha.

I don't think the Bible, or any other religious text gives the perfect explanation for the beginning of time. But I think that you can draw some good theories from it.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
All I can say is when I die, I have a lot of questions for God. Even if I get accepted to Heaven or not, he will answer my questions.

If he condemns you to an eternity of fire and brimstone...

Then even in eternity, I doubt you would be worth his time. He's not going to grant you three wishes before banishing you from all things good. Is he?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't know if he did miracles or anything I just think he treated people right. I don't even think you can correctly type him MBTI haha.

INTP

This is what he seems to me. But then, I haven't read the book in its entirety, and certainly wouldn't more than once. But you may be right, he may not be typable, because much of his life is allegorical.

Do you agree with this? The INTP at least? If he wasn't born with all knowledge, then he figured a lot of things out, and in a classic INTP style it appears to me. This is if we accept him as a historical figure, rather than the literal son of God.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
INTP

This is what he seems to me. But then, I haven't read the book in its entirety, and certainly wouldn't more than once. But you may be right, he may not be typable, because much of his life is allegorical.

Do you agree with this? The INTP at least? If he wasn't born with all knowledge, then he figured a lot of things out, and in a classic INTP style it appears to me. This is if we accept him as a historical figure, rather than the literal son of God.

Right, I think we must look at Jesus as a historical figure. "Son of God" is very vague, especially in this forum where we haven't distinguished "God" or even if he/she exists for that matter. If you don't know already I'm very new to MBTI and Psychology in general so it I haven't got all the Type Portraits figured out yet.

As far as INTP, I haven't typed any people as INTP so just from reading the portrait I would say no, but close. So I tried to type him from scripture, what he did, where he went, who he saw, and what he said, etc. And I would want to say he was definitely Intuitive and probably Judging. I want to say Extroverted because most of the scripture he spends speaking amongst crowds or with his twelve. But the text also says he went by himself for meditation and prayer, and spent forty days alone in the wilderness, that seems like an Introvert to me. And for Thinking or Feeling he had to be right on the line because he wept, felt compassion, etc. But he was also a thinker which is pretty obvious. So from my analysis he could be any of these:

INTJ, ENTJ, INFJ, ENFJ. Or maybe, he really was the son of god and was all types into one forming the most incredible human being of all time impurvious to all psychoanalysis!.

Haha.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTH is this thread about? God is a lying INTP???
:huh:

Can you summarize your argument in a couple of sentences? I lost the will to live wading thru the OP.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

Can you summarize your argument in a couple of sentences? I lost the will to live wading thru the OP.

i don't think "god" could be defined as anything within human conception, even if this "god" entity exists.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Into It: If a God such as the Christian God exists, is he deceptive because He doesn’t just tell us the answers and expects us to believe something less logical to be true rather than what we have discovered ourselves through science?

Sentura: If there is a God, he is far to intricate to understand as a human.

Athenian200: The story says rational human beings caused since, and that we should be ignorant and just believe.

Grayscale: Mankind has always wanted to be God.

Sunset5678: I believe in God because the people that don’t embarrass the people that do and the Bible says this will happen.

Kalach: This is a good argument because it is okay for people to lie to their loved ones to protect them.

Antireconciler: This is a good argument, I can’t dispute, someone else try.

Jennifer: It’s not illogical to promote faith and obedience.

Oom: Does God even exist?

Athenian200: I know I probably am wrong, I just can’t live by blind faith.

Fluffywolf: Humans are deceptive, not God.

Into It: Yes I agree that it is not evil to lie to protect someone or something, but why would God design it to be subject to harm?

Kalach: Lying to protect me is wrong, because I don’t just want the truth, I need the truth.

Into It: Kalach stopped reading what I posted because he believes that all ENFPs are ignorant. What I was saying was God would have the right to deceive someone if what he was hiding was evil in itself and would harm us little humans, but why would he set it up that way?

Kalach: All ENFPs will tell you what’s on their mind, because they all are ignorant! And I am supreme because I typed INTJ!!!

Into It: You were referring to my hidden feelings? This post has nothing to do with my personal feelings and therefore they were not hidden. I think you have week Introverted Feeling, you need to work on that.

Kalach: You are just trying to bullshit everyone until they don’t care anymore. So what is God’s love like?

Lasting Pain: Whether I go to Heaven or Hell, I have question to ask God, and he will answer them.

Me: I think this is getting way off topic, so I’ll change it: Does Science support a creator since some action must begin to create a reaction and so on, infinitely. And is that what God really would be, Infinite? So what type was Jesus?

Into It: INTP. What you think?

Me: No, I think NJ.

You: I’m too tired and lazy to read all of this, can you make it shorter and easier.

Me: Yes I can, this is the best I can do, here you go.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian200: The story says rational human beings caused since, and that we should be ignorant and just believe.

Sin, not since.

I think if there's a God, s/he's probably an INTJ.

I knew a really quirky, interesting INTJ author once, and their stories have the same sense of humor and justice that s/he does.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sin, not since.

I think if there's a God, s/he's probably an INTJ.

I knew a really quirky, interesting INTJ author once, and their stories have the same sense of humor and justice that s/he does.

Sorry for the typo, I knew what you meant. And it was Jesus (as a historical person) I was trying to type, not God. I don't think you can "Type" God.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry for the typo, I knew what you meant.

I know you knew what I meant, I just wanted to make sure bluemonday also knew what I meant when they read the summary.

I don't think you can "Type" God.

Maybe you can't type God, but I just did. :p

I might not type God correctly, but I can still do it. ;)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
who says this god of yours is even sentient, let alone sapient? for all we know it could just be something we're all part of. would you call a plant a type? how about a rock? an atom?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about a garden consisting of rocks, plants, and atoms? Thats like typing God. INTJ I'm guessing?

No, actually that would be ENTP.

Maybe I'm just a little nutty because I have a "sense" of the personality of inanimate objects and concepts.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmm, I don't understand. A garden is really ENTP? And what are some INFJs and ENTJs?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, I don't understand. A garden is really ENTP? And what are some INFJs and ENTJs?

INFJ:
The moon
The ocean

ENTJ:
The sky
A mountain

I'll go ahead and tell you it's extremely subjective, but there does seem to be something there.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
INFJ:
The moon
The ocean

ENTJ:
The sky
A mountain

I'll go ahead and tell you it's extremely subjective, but there does seem to be something there.

Ahh gotcha. But I'm disappointed noone has found my summary humorous. I thought it was, and it took a long time so I should at least get some courtesy here damn.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ahh gotcha. But I'm disappointed noone has found my summary humorous. I thought it was, and it took a long time so I should at least get some courtesy here damn.

I'm sorry, I thought it was seriously just there for bluemonday to read so they wouldn't have to wade through.

But now that I know it was supposed to be funny... :rofl1: