• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditative Dance

Mole

Permabanned
Meditative Dance in Society

The most important part of meditative dance is practice every second day.

And so how important is it to make our practice a social event?

All we need to do is make a time and place where we meet every second day.

So we not only have the pleasure of meeting one another but we have a common interest and a common goal - the practice of meditative dance.

We support each other and enjoy one another's company.

Ten members, breaking into five pairs, is a good number.

We can meet in a park with benches so we can dance and sit.

Or we could meet at work, or our home, or our church or temple, or our club, or at University.

All we need is a radio tuned to dance music and somewhere to dance and sit down.

This is a very nice way to live.

Mole

Permabanned
The 21st Birthday Party

Practice is at the heart of meditative dance.

And even more important is the habit of practice.

And the only thing standing between me and the habit of meditative dance is 21 days.

Yes, it takes 21 days to form a habit.

We need to consciously focus for 21 days to form a habit.

But after consciously focusing for 21 days, it becomes second nature - and we don't have to focus anymore and we can safely turn our attention elsewhere.

Habits are immensely valuable because they save an immense amount of personal energy.

So to learn how to form habits is immensely valuable.

And a good habit to learn is meditative dance.

Only 21 days of conscious effort stands between me and meditative dance.

So I put a calendar on the wall and mark off each of the 21 days as they occur.

And at the end of the 21 days, I invite my friends around for a 21st birthday party.