• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Romantic/Victorian Poet are YOU?

heart

heart on fire
Which Romantic/Victorian Poet are YOU more like?

My Result:

Blake

mt1177268601.jpg

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your Score: Category 1You scored 32 Holderlin, 30 Coleridge, 59 Tennyson, and 33 Blake!

Description 1

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You scored 30 Holderlin, 61 Coleridge, 75 Tennyson, and 47 Blake!

I tested as Coleridge. Hmm... don't really identify much with any of them, but I do like languages, so that's a reasonable result.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Blake. Funny, I don't feel tormented. At least not at the moment.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got blake as well

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Category 16
You scored 66 Holderlin, 62 Coleridge, 65 Tennyson, and 72 Blake!

With so many getting Blake I would say that the test is rigged!

mt1177268601.jpg

O

Oberon

I always think of those lines by Pound when someone mentions Browning.

Of course, it's extremely rare that I actually get to USE them, so thanks. :D

Leave it to Pound to enjoy Sordello. Of course, the Cantos weren't for everyone either. =]

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Alfred Lord Tennyson by a mile, especially when the test itself quotes The Lady of Shalott.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You scored 46 Holderlin, 53 Coleridge, 80 Tennyson, and 54 Blake!
mt1177268629.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You scored 58 Holderlin, 59 Tennyson, 64 Coleridge, and 69 Blake!

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
You are Holderlin 73%

Brilliant and mad, you hobnobbed with German Idealists and inspired Heidegger (?)

Tennyson 50%
Blake 46%

I know next to nothing about poetry, I am a barbarian.

Rhu

Morlock
MBTI Type
Pfft
This test is crap. CRAP, I SAY!

On a technical level, it picks the maximum identification of four variables to sort a person between a maximum of four different poets? On a level of intellectual depth--limiting the test, and the potential for literary discovery to four poets from two eras that the title bothers to recognize a distinction between--this test blows.

So I wrote a sonnet in an Italian rhyme scheme, just to make this thread worthwhile. For me. It should make it more torturous for you. You all have it coming, though.

I stood sadly, looking out from the quay,
Seeking the hour of sunset, the oceans fire!
So I took a test, and this transpired:
Eyes kindled, blazing, I stared at the bay,
Seas boiled in my anger! Such was this day,
T'would be remembered for scaldings most dire,
OKCupid blamed for raising my ire!
Or rather, daseinplushie, I should say.
Fuck her to hell and so too her dumb test.
Fuck her for wasting my time this night.
Fuck her with a lightbulb; sometimes a rake,
Fuck her for just not being very bright.
I should state that this poem is the best,
Result of her test. Also: I am Blake.

heart

heart on fire
Gee, I didn't think anyone would take this quiz as being any more serious than the "What Color is Your Aura?" quiz and I don't think the person who created the test intended it to be either.

O

Oberon

Note that Rhu's reaction and my own, though different, are alike in one way: We both recognized the limitations of the test. I merely transgressed the limitations by choosing for myself a result the test did not permit; Rhu railed against the unnatural boundaries in a manner beautiful to behold.

I wish I could be that cool.

Rhu

Morlock
MBTI Type
Pfft
Gee, I didn't think anyone would take this quiz as being any more serious than the "What Color is Your Aura?" quiz and I don't think the person who created the test intended it to be either.
I take all tests with a stone faced dead-seriousness. It was the single most disappointing experience of my life. Everyone who took it should have wrote a bad sonnet that used the word "fuck" in four consecutive lines.

Still, this test sucks. Its four axes could have been chosen from: melancholy, empathy, prolificness, technical variation, religiousness, obscurity, political awareness, promiscuity, or some other defining characteristic of the authors cited.

This would have both displayed the wealth and depth of the test author's literary knowledge in some way and provided food for thought and paths of discovery for the test takers.

Instead, I am left woefully weeping for the future. Yes, weeping for a new renaissance unrealized: the depth of literary education for our children's children will be reduced to what was passed down as playground insults.

That is why we shouldn't marry, heart. I am so very sorry.

Note that Rhu's reaction and my own, though different, are alike in one way: We both recognized the limitations of the test. I merely transgressed the limitations by choosing for myself a result the test did not permit; Rhu railed against the unnatural boundaries in a manner beautiful to behold.

I wish I could be that cool.
Eh. It's only one more step.