• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

wyrdsister

MBTI Type
Ape
If I had to say then it would be Taoist/Buddhist but I don't subscribe to organised religion, even though I am fascinated by it!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We need to talk about religious philosophies that we believe in, and not religious groups that we are part of.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I'm epistemologically agnostic and devoutly Christian (progressive Anglo-Catholic/Episcopalian).

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My religious beliefs most closely align with the Assemblies of God, but I go to a non-denominational, charismatic-leaning church. Although some might consider me slightly agnostic because I don't believe that you can prove there is or is not a God or Gods.

*checks the AG website to make sure beliefs still mostly align with "16 Fundamental Truths"*

Yeah, they pretty much match, but I wouldn't stake my life on a few of them, like the eschatological ones, for instance and I don't practice, cannot bring myself to practice, evangelism.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm epistemologically agnostic and devoutly Christian (progressive Anglo-Catholic/Episcopalian).

I could have written this myself except change Anglo-Catholic/Episcopalian to Quaker Anglo-Catholic.

Merk

MBTI Type
X^4
My worldview very much coincides with Zen Buddhist/Taoist teachings. Although, like wyrdsister, I would not label myself as such.

macjoven

MBTI Type
INFP
Mystic evangelical liturgical Christian. (Episcoplaian who hangs out with the meathodist too)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mystic agnostic Christian, probably... not sure which of those words to emphasize most.

[Spent most of my life within the conservative Christian community and started that as a foundation for my belief but have gradually decided that there's a lot of give and take on details that conservative Christianity usually doesn't allow for.]

Always searching, though.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mystic agnostic Christian, probably... not sure which of those words to emphasize most.

[Spent most of my life within the conservative Christian community and started that as a foundation for my belief but have gradually decided that there's a lot of give and take on details that conservative Christianity usually doesn't allow for.]

Always searching, though.

So raised in Christian mythology that preaches that Gods existence is absolute and provable and now you're still in faith, yet epistemically agnostic?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Mystic evangelical liturgical Christian. (Episcoplaian who hangs out with the meathodist too)

HOLLA! :)

I've done time with the Methodist set too. :) I've got fondness for those confused/misplaced Anglicans...

Ivy said:
We need to rap.

Can somebody say PRAISE BAND????