• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
It's an odd label for me because I don't see the need to say 'I don't believe in a god'. Other people believe in a god. But if I didn't know about that, it would not occur to me to label myself an atheist.
Indifferent?

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
Neo-pagan, tree hugging God/dess worshipper.:party2:

I am God. The universe is either my mind or a product of it, I'm not sure, and I can't be. I restricted myself to the perceptions and insights of this mortal body so as to discover what it means to be "ignorant" and to "learn". My consciousness will diffuse upon death, but until then I'll just revel in that which can only be known in a state of existential ignorance. Once I return to my God state, then I'll remember what it's like to be restricted and this is how my omniscience avoids being a self-contradictory concept (or so I think).

I also realize that I still have much to learn. Words such as learning, memory, word, and God are firmly rooted in the human predicament. I simply can't understand reality for what it is while I'm alive, but I can certainly try my best.

If you're God, can I have a second set of permanent teeth and a pony? And do you spend a whole lotta time alone?

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
I am God. The universe is either my mind or a product of it, I'm not sure, and I can't be. I restricted myself to the perceptions and insights of this mortal body so as to discover what it means to be "ignorant" and to "learn". My consciousness will diffuse upon death, but until then I'll just revel in that which can only be known in a state of existential ignorance. Once I return to my God state, then I'll remember what it's like to be restricted and this is how my omniscience avoids being a self-contradictory concept (or so I think).

I also realize that I still have much to learn. Words such as learning, memory, word, and God are firmly rooted in the human predicament. I simply can't understand reality for what it is while I'm alive, but I can certainly try my best.

I am God too! What are the odds?

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ

Well, since there are two of you, I want stuff from you too. Can I have a rainbow follow me in the street, and some theme music, and a pony small enough to fit in my apartment?

:party2:

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
I have none. I was brought up as a protestant, my grandfather was a protestant priest. At the age of 9, I wanted to convert to Catholicism and started taking ehh church classes. At that time, even the thought of becoming a nun didn't seem that scary (I'm not kidding). I was a strong little believer, had a crucifix hanging over my bed and a little altar on my shelves - sang in the church choir every Sunday (non of this was forced upon me). My mother didn't go to church and neither did my brothers.

I think this was one of my first little INTP projects - after having explored it *sufficiently* for a few years, I moved on to other strange obsessions.

ferunandesu

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5

Well, here we may have a problem. Problems aren't bad. In fact, they're excellent opportunities to learn.

I'm not sure if I'm alone in my divinity, or if everyone who is living, has lived, and who will ever live merges into a single, timeless consciousness upon death. We could all be God, me and you could be God, or you could just be wrong. You see, you may be conscious, but if I'm the only temporary God amongst the mortals then your consciousness is nothing more than a product of my mind - the universe.

If you want to turn this discussion into a hula hooping contest, then just go ahead and say, "NO, I'M THE TRUE SOLIPSIST". If not, then perhaps you can share insight into my/our divine nature.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
LaVey Satanist, as well as probably the most anti-organised religious individual youll meet.

J1129

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm Catholic. I was born & raised Catholic but research & a lot of learning has reinforced my faith. I'm not extremely religious, but I would consider myself more religious than a lot of people my age.

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm so much a Buddhist I can't stand it, and that all by myself. I'm quitting civilization in a year or so to live as a hermit somewhere distant until I achieve enlightenment (almost serious).

The whole reincarnation-thing is nothing I care much about though, but if it's true, then I must have been a Buddhist several lives in the past. It'd make sense.