• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Woot! Absence of God for the win!

In a decade or two, I think we'll be totally in style.

I wish God would do something crazy like come sit on your bed one night and talk to you, and then you end up saved and writing a book. Haha! I'll laugh my head of. :cheese: :jew:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm very spiritual and very clear on what i believe but do not subscribe to a particular religion.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I wish God would do something crazy like come sit on your bed one night and talk to you, and then you end up saved and writing a book. Haha! I'll laugh my head of. :cheese: :jew:

Well he knows he's welcome. The balls in his court..

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP

I'd tread carefully with this offer to serve, if I were you, aj. A lot of people find their god when there's not much left BUT god. :yes:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

....oops, I just put God in a predicament. ;)

(He told me, to tell you, He's not making house calls this century, the ball's in YOUR court.) :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Life can be, and still is, quite beautiful *without* the existence of god.

I get all warm and fuzzy just looking at, and thinking of, the sheer enormity and simplexity of the universe in which I live.

:wub:

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
"Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known."
--Blaise Pascal
Is that the same Pascal of "Pascal's wager" ? ;)

I like what Thoreau supposedly said on his death bed. "Have you made your peace with God ?" he was asked, by some bedside ministering priest or parson. "I wasn't aware that we had ever quarreled" was Thoreau's answer.

I was raised in a protestant household - Methodist and Lutheran and a sort of Episcopalian church - as a youngster. Got off into merging Meister Eckhart and Buddhism in college. Eventually just decided to call myself someone who was " 'spiritual' when I remember to be so".

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Life can be, and still is, quite beautiful *without* the existence of god.

I get all warm and fuzzy just looking at, and thinking of, the sheer enormity and simplexity of the universe in which I live.

:wub:

+1. Though I probably don't get as warm and fuzzy as you.

Atheists care about things too!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known."
--Blaise Pascal

you know, for such a math guy, he sure struggled with basic logic.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, the higher "being" is our planet. She is always present in my life and a source of inspiration. Before I became pagan, I was raised an atheist at home while attending Catholic school.

As an atheist, I always felt something..I dunno, missing. Though I love the idea behind Catholicism, I was turned off by the institution of the Church and the way in which women are often perceived (I realize this isn't always the case for every catholic and I have several friends who are catholic whom I love). At the same time, I've always felt connected with the wild, untamed side of Nature, so it was kinda an obvious choice :)

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
... For me, the higher "being" is our planet. She is always present in my life and a source of inspiration... I've always felt connected with the wild, untamed side of Nature, so it was kinda an obvious choice :)

Makes sense! Our planet is a living, breathing, and growing organism. It has the sense of touch,... Or should I say a sense of consciousness that it gets from the trees, rocks, and oceans through vibrations and frequencies generated by the universe. The planet resonates from these forms of "consciousness" like a bell, and since we have the ability to reflect what we observe, we get tuned into this consciousness. You can't get any more real then that.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Makes sense! Our planet is a living, breathing, and growing organism. It has the sense of touch,... Or should I say a sense of consciousness that it gets from the trees, rocks, and oceans through vibrations and frequencies generated by the universe. The planet resonates from these forms of "consciousness" like a bell, and since we have the ability to reflect what we observe, we get tuned into this consciousness. You can't get any more real then that.
Yeah I strongly agree. Gotta love Gaia, seriously. I like the Planet itself. I just don't like how some People treat it.
Yeah but before I get TOO much OT...I really agree with Demigod and
Amargith :yes:

sade

I'm still wondering if I'm a Christian or not. The religious folks including priests say no, everyone else say yes.
I don't find that so important. Atheist or Lutheran Christian, still an existentialist.