• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My religion is my spirit. No one I have ever met expresses my views, but it's not a social experience, it's a spiritual experience.

what do I believe? Well..yes I do believe in one superior being. One overall God that exists not only in heaven and earth, but in our souls too..I believe in Jesus..and Muhammad...and Lao-tse...and the Buddha...and Shiva..whatever prophet they may be..from whatever religion it may be..EVERY RELIGION BASICALLY ENFORCES THE SAME OVERALL THEME. So..I guess I'm Buddhist/Hindu/Daoist/Christian/Juddist/Islam/Pagean..etc. but overtop all of these views, I am highly spiritual, I believe in one true God who is above everything, larger then the universe, yet small enough to fit blissfully into our heart.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Atheist.(scientific)

In the US people would probaly see me as militant atheist.
Militancy is judged by how much you push your atheism on others, or maybe by how hard you bite back when someone "attacks" your atheism. If you just let people believe what they want to believe, and if you don't get disproportionately hostile to criticism, odds are that you won't be considered atheist.

Maybe we could call you a "devout" atheist? :D

Last edited:

V Profane

MBTI Type
INTP
I have no religion, I'm an atheist.

Militancy is judged by how much you push your atheism on others, or maybe by how hard you bite back when someone "attacks" your atheism.

Seems to me the epithet 'militant atheist' is thrown at anyone who rejects religion, embraces rationality, and upholds secularity.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Muslim. Also agnostic, in the sense that I don't think the existence or nonexistence of God can be proved objectively.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Militancy is judged by how much you push your atheism on others, or maybe by how hard you bite back when someone "attacks" your atheism. If you just let people believe what they want to believe, and if you don't get disproportionately hostile to criticism, odds are that you won't be considered atheist.

Maybe we could call you a "devout" atheist? :D

No, atheist is fine. Agnostic is someone that doesn't believe in god but keeps an open mind about it. An atheist has concluded for himself that indeed there is no god and nothing you say or do will convince him otherwise.

S

Sniffles

Seems to me the epithet 'militant atheist' is thrown at anyone who rejects religion, embraces rationalism, and upholds secularism.

Corrected. There's nothing about contrary to religion in rationality and secularity. If that really so; then a shitload of religious people would be classified as almost 'militant atheists': St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Anslem, Jacques Maritain, Pope Benedict XVI, and plenty plenty others.

Mole

Permabanned
Pan

Except maybe Pandeism/Panentheism.
Evolution is also a pretty big part of whatever it is I believe.

But I like Buddhism best. Maybe one day. I generally believe a Dharmic way of thinking is most beneficial to humanity.

It's more philosophy than 'religion', but I'm just going with the thread.

Sometimes Pan is called the Piper. And some animals seem to remember the pipes of Pan, but most seem to forget. You might catch Him on the wind just before dawn - before He disappears into the mist.

Just click on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 7

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
agnostic :)

(and if there is a god s/he may very well hate me :dry:)

S

Sniffles

Many religionists starkly disagree with you, in both thought and deed.

That doesn't refute my basic point that there's no inherent conflict between rationality, secularity, and religious belief. Certainly some religious belief systems are more hostile to rationality and secularity, but others are less so.

S

Sniffles

You're a trad cat.

godkills.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
The Vulgar and the Profane

Many religionists starkly disagree with you, in both thought and deed.

It's true that Islam makes no distinction between the Mosque and the State. And so Islam rejects the secular State.

Whereas Christianity fully accepts the secular State.

In fact the secular State was invented to end the Wars of Religion between Christian denominations.

And so the modern secular State rests on the Christian denominations.

Of course vulgar Christians keep on talking as though the secular and the religious are opposites. But this is special pleading and is merely vulgar.

However when Islamists say the secular and religion are opposites, they really mean it. And they show their sincerity by killing.

There is nothing vulgar about Islamists.