• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agnostic is closest, although at times I wonder whether I'm closer to atheism or some of the eastern religions (especially given my love for ALL life - definitely not just humans) -- but even if I believed most of the tenets of a particular religion, I'd never follow it or really want to be part of the group.

Basically I consider myself a very moral/ethical/spiritually-minded non-spiritual person. :) I have a lot of beliefs and what I consider good/bad right/wrong, but they're all constructed outside of the framework of a higher power.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Satanism, minus all that spellcrafting nonsense in the last 2 books.

But the books of fire and wind: pure unadulterated genius

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm a Rhuist. We're a new and exciting cult who really stand to go places in this world. If you're interested, please contact me privately for further information.

..I think that was the scariest post I ever read.

muslim.. am i the only one?

While I am not Muslim, two of my close friends growing up were, and having traveled to a Muslim country, I can tell you you're definitely not alone, it's like the most popular thing next to breathing across the ocean.

Basically I consider myself a very moral/ethical/spiritually-minded non-spiritual person. :) I have a lot of beliefs and what I consider good/bad right/wrong, but they're all constructed outside of the framework of a higher power.

I admire the way you put your words together.

I definitely identify heavily with Wiccan/Pagan beliefs. (Pagan is just too vague of a word for me though since some consider anything other than christianity Paganism...) I feel there's spirits and energy in the people and things around me, and I feel like I have been blessed with power within myself. Problem solving, religiously, for me is based on the fact that I have been given the ability to think, rationalize, and empathize.. and that I should exhaust all of my own abilities I have been given before I look to anything higher for help. I believe things happen for a reason, and I also believe in Karma and I'm definitely starting to rant... I am very rooted in nature, and the energy it gives me and I feel that I have the ability and the power to help myself in life and when I fall short that I will be picked up and dusted off so I may grow stronger and try again.

Another point is that I believe that the higher authorities reveals themself to us all in different ways to create a balance in the world. (I'm trying to think of how to explain it...) .. Like the way you would only show a side of yourself to a stranger, because if you threw everything about yourself to them at once it would drive them away. If everyone thought the same way, the world wouldn't operate correctly.. so everyone sees them in different eyes. No one religion or lack thereof is right or wrong to me, just the very different ways that the Gods have chosen to be seen.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Personally, I think all the spellcrafting in Satanism was just LaVey's way to piss off the Christians to get publicity early on.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Atheist. Raised lutheran (protestant christian), though the 'rents were laissez-faire about it from age ~4-6 onward. Never really understood (nor accepted) the whole "god" concept.

persianeyes

MBTI Type
INFP
No, I think there are other muslims out there. ;)

And also some on the forum IIRC. At least there have been.

While I am not Muslim, two of my close friends growing up were, and having traveled to a Muslim country, I can tell you you're definitely not alone, it's like the most popular thing next to breathing across the ocean.

thnx

I was wondering if there are any Muslims in mbticentral besides me.. I know there are others out there lol

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
on paper, Liberal Anglo-Catholic Franciscan (that's a branch of a branch of a branch within the Anglican/Episcopalian church).

But I'm also still on the books as a Roman Catholic and a Muslim... cos they don't really take you off, once you're on *shrug*

in practice, I get accused by some of not even being Christian at all because of my "heretical" views... but I feel no conflict or confusion between the various influences within me.

Insidious 3

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've got a question for all people that are religious.
How can you logically believe there is a god?
God is no different to Santa or the easter bunny.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've got a question for all people that are religious.
How can you logically believe there is a god?
God is no different to Santa or the easter bunny.

I could give you a logical argument, but you obviously aren't a logical person. I mean Santa and the easter bunny aren't even like each other. Logically how can both be like God?

QED:smile:

frenchkiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
The closest term I've found to describe my belief is naturalistic pantheism.

But I usually just call myself agnostic so that I don't have to explain.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
The closest term I've found to describe my belief is naturalistic pantheism.

But I usually just call myself agnostic so that I don't have to explain.

+1.

Except maybe Pandeism/Panentheism.
Evolution is also a pretty big part of whatever it is I believe.

But I like Buddhism best. Maybe one day. I generally believe a Dharmic way of thinking is most beneficial to humanity.

It's more philosophy than 'religion', but I'm just going with the thread.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If *religion* is

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
then my religion is Biblical Christianity.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
By title? Jew. I am also a zionist.

By faith? Agnostic. You can't prove the nonexistence of God. But I don't believe in him.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was raised Catholic but identified as agnostic up until a couple of years ago. Now I identify as Catholic, though I believe that God isn't limited to the structure of one organized religion. St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine can be thanked for my "conversion" on many levels. I identify with C.S. Lewis when he said that he was "very angry with God for not existing" before his conversion.

I believe that life has meaning, and the only way I can believe in that is if I submit myself to a higher power. Spirituality is an important aspect of happiness and overall wellness, and I of course believe there is a reason for that.