• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
If a JW came knocking on my door and harassed me, I'd put on my black shirt with a giant red pentagram on it and see what would happen. :laugh:

I prefer a prominent sign in the front yard.

" Proselytizers. I shoot first, and ask questions later."

And if they have enough guts, or stupidity, to come to the door, I'll answer with a shotgun.

I really, really, really, hate people that do that crap.

...Oh wait. Most of them probably wouldn't know what proselytizing is. I would have to dumb it down.

To. "Religious Nutters who disturb me, in the place where I expect to be left alone..."

S

Sniffles

You could always tell them you've already sold your soul to Satan. The look they give is priceless I tell you.

Lark

You could always tell them you've already sold your soul to Satan. The look they give is priceless I tell you.

I read some awesome devil and selling your soul stories in an anthology once, cant remember the author he did a great horror anthology too, it wasnt Hitchcock but he did a good anthology called Devils, Devils, Devils though.

Lark

It wasn't Faust was it?

No but I've read Faust, UrFaust and the other version of Faust. I remember Goethe is one of the authors but I cant remember the other one he was either a rival, precursor or pseudonom for Shakespeare.

S

Sniffles

Only rival of Goethe I know of was Schiller, but I'm not aware of a version of the story he did.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ABSOLUTELY!!!

That's so awesome because I'd have wound up trying to figure that out all night and losing sleep, thanks! :hug:

Fodder...thank you so much!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Christian, according to most definitions I would be considered evangelical. I try not to be pushy with it though, that doesn't usually seem to be very effective.

KDude

Marlowe?

This infographic shows the evolution of the sell your soul to the devil tale

Marlowe, Goethe.. meh! :tongue: My favorite version is the Ralph Macchio movie Crossroads (extended from the Robert Johnson myth). What is cooler than beating the devil with a guitar solo? :cheese:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0QKbnCDW94].[/youtube]

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Marlowe, Goethe.. meh! :tongue: My favorite version is the Ralph Macchio movie Crossroads (extended from the Robert Johnson myth). What is cooler than beating the devil with a guitar solo? :cheese:

What's better? Beating the devil with a fiddle solo, of course. :D

Lark

I'd recommend Jack Faust to anyone but to anyone interested in the Faustian myth in particular, its a story by Michael Swanwick and very good, a little depressing perhaps but not as sinister and bewildering as The Iron Dragons Daughter, perhaps it has the same kind of mythos/spirituality involved in it but you know.