• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I believe in loving everyone and everything first and foremost!!! I believe there is a consciousness (not sure about god per-say), and I believe we are all connected. I believe in creating your own reality, and some Buddhist ideas (though I do not practice any religion). I believe in being spiritual and in crystal/energy healing. And I believe in science, including the quantum world theories, so far as I understand them at this point in time. :)

luna~

Last edited:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
The closest term I could probably use would be naturalistic or scientific pantheism.

I'll occasionally borrow from other religions, though, for the temporary ritual psychological effect, but that's more like a mythology than a real religious belief.

Nyx

after searching all major religions/thought systems i am tentatively converting to Judaism. I can't explain it, it would take a book.

wooooooooeee, you never know what Life's got in store for you.

KDude

Are you ethnically Jewish as well? Just curious... :)

Sometimes I feel strong ties to things that have history in my family...but maybe it's not a religious impulse per se.

Nyx

Sometimes I feel strong ties to things that have history in my family...but maybe it's not a religious impulse per se.

Well, my mother's father is Jewish. She was raised Jewish, but she did not go through with her bat mitzvah (I don't know why...). Her brother did. I'm not sure that if she had gone through with it that would make her a Jew (?) My great-grandmother insisted they be raised as such. So while I'm technically not ethnically Jewish, I believe I have a Jewish soul in a Gentile's body. A little hurdle no doubt, but actually, it has only been beneficial in facilitating maximum spiritual learning/ commitment on my part.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
What would you describe as having a Jewish souls? What traits in particular?

47Alpha

Spirituality as an ADD-I and Evolutionary Man's "New Empathy". Not handed over to the undeserving.

FutureCasting via Intuition & Hyperfocusdystlegraustiph
is no big deal. In fact Knowing about Tomorrow, 4 years and 2 months away is rather silly.
"Yes, I'll have a table for five Friday, May 23rd, 2014" ..... not hardly. you still have to wait. By then you sometimes don't care anymore. LOL
BBC - Science & Nature - Horizon - God on the Brain

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE

What is ethnically Jewish?

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Being ethnically Jewish is descending from Jewish people. They are traditionally endogamic enough (with focus on their status as the descendent of the Hebrew to be preserved) to be considered an ethnic group on their own.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Being ethnically Jewish is descending from Jewish people. They are traditionally endogamic enough (with focus on their status as the descendent of the Hebrew to be preserved) to be considered an ethnic group on their own.

So if my Innuit mother had converted to Judaism, I would be "ethnically" Jewish?

She's not really an Innuit, BTW...

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
No you wouldn't be ethnically Jewish. You would be a religious convert.

To further the point, there are many Jewish who don't practice the Jewish religion. And there are a few non ethnic Jewish people who practice the Jewish religion (as converts), and who, if their convertion is halachically correct will be considered Jews by most (at least, that's how I understand it).

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
No you wouldn't be ethnically Jewish. You would be a religious convert.

But I haven't converted. Hypothetically she did. I would be matrilineally a Jew, by birth, despite being "ethnically" half Innuit?

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
I think common sense rules here. I don't think anyone would consider you ethnically Jewish, since it's a matter of blood line. Your mother despite her conversation wouldn't have transmitted any Jewish blood to you.
Even if she'd brought you up in the Jewish tradition, I don't think you would be considered an ethnic Jew by many.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting case, thanks for bringing it up. I hadn't heard about it.
By common sense I meant : what would appear to be most likely to be thought by the common Jewish people (or at least those who care about who is an ethnic Jew or not), which here seems to be pretty well embodied by the school's rejection.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Interesting case, thanks for bringing it up. I hadn't heard about it.
By common sense I meant : what would appear to be most likely to be thought by the common Jewish people (or at least those who care about who is an ethnic Jew or not).

The nazis had a similar train of thought.:jew:

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
The nazis had a similar train of thought.:jew:

I am only describing what seems to be the situation, and what I have witnessed when growing up around many (sephardic) Jewish people (nearly half of the population of one of the high schools I went to), there is a strong and conservative sense of ethnic pride and solidarity, for which the religious aspect doesn't seem to be more than a tool of affirmation, rather than the basis of the community.
I don't see what's nazi about my noticing it. Nor even about their attitude.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have started drifting more and more towards the Celtic pantheon of Gods.
Trying to deny belief, really, but it's kind of hard not to believe.
In any case, celtic pantheism does not preach conversion or force anyone to do anything.
I'm not a fan of organized religion. Not at all. Mobs are stupid.
To me, worship would rather be characterized by hunting, being in nature enjoying its splendor or skillfully performing a task.

Deities I can assosciate with are Cernunnos, Lugh, Ogmios and the Morrígu.
Celtic religion does not include any of the "i'm not worthy" groveling bullshit that the religions of the book does, thankfully.
You may barter with them. Sacrifice for wish. May or may not be granted.
This is sort of a private ticks of mine, but I have long sacrificed food, drink, coins etc when I have wanted something to happen or when I have wanted to prevent something.
Anyway, if I am supposed to be "religious"... I can't relate with religious people at all most of the time...
Well. If I am that... Then I am probably what you'd call pagan, even though I am a newbie.