• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
None.

I see teachings of different religions as interesting, and often, insightful philosophies about life, but, none that I would perscribe as my "way of life".

"God" was birthed by the human mind, not the other way around. If anything I "believe" in the potential of the human mind (of which, we don't yet fully know the limits).
This.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am a born again Christian.
Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord, and the one and only Son of God.
I believe that I cannot get into heaven through works, but through Jesus.
I also believe that the Bible is 100% accurate and the word of God.

edit: I just have to point out also that it's more about my spirit and relationship with Christ than it is about rules.
I've said this before but, laws/rules were made for people, not people for rules/laws.

So I have every right to disagree with people, but when I shun them or discriminate against them just because they aren't following 'rules', that is when I am wrong. I fully believe that Jesus intended for us to love EVERYONE. Everyone sins, so nobody has the right to over govern people over such things. Though, from what the Bible says, we are to repent of our sin and turn back to him. So guess what? If you have someone who claims to be a Christian and is going around spouting out horrible things about people, I don't believe that they've caught on to the teachings of Jesus.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:37-38.

So thats what I believe.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I guess you'd call me a Christian, I dont like to get into that sub-genre church stuff as its all just bastardized versions of straight up believing in Jesus as your creator.
I also follow Buddhist philosophies, I wouldnt call this my religion though, rather a lifestyle choice.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
tom and jerry is my religion.
and a devout faith i have.

"and then tom said 'don't you believe it.' and they did not believe."
- mouse trouble; chapter V

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And lo, He said unto thee, "is you is, or is you ain't, my baby?"

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
and having heard the racket and felt the thumping, the wicked imp jerry did respond with with iron-laden pie, and with that she was not His baby true. baby baby found somebody new.

- solid serenade; verse I

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Not religious...

Although if someone created a religion centered around bacon, I'd probably be down for that :) Mmmmmmm....bacon.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Christian. Baptist to be precise. My faith is rooted in the Bible, but I don't believe in "religion" as a set of rules or regulations or an attempt to reach out to the divine. Christ came and reached down to us instead. Christ is a person, not a religion. I believe in being reconciled with God through Jesus and having a relationship with him as a Father. :jesus: (First time I get to use this icon!)

S

Sniffles

And how have you come up with this conclusion?

Because the more people we try to love, that means the less love we're able to give them. Of course this is true if you meant it in a literal and abstract sense. For the record, I don't think you did. ;)

G

garbage

I lean towards Buddhism, but with a bit of paganism, daoism, and personal mythology thrown in for fun. Technically a Unitarian Universalist, too.

I don't do religion. I create my own beliefs based off of life experiences, perceptions, and values.

I'm stuck between dropping everything I've been taught, and having a defined religion of my own.

I see teachings of different religions as interesting, and often, insightful philosophies about life, but, none that I would perscribe as my "way of life".

"God" was birthed by the human mind, not the other way around. If anything I "believe" in the potential of the human mind (of which, we don't yet fully know the limits).

These things, mostly

To the extent that religion fosters personal growth, wisdom, fellowship, and a sense of meaning outside of the self, I embrace it. To the extent that it is used to persecute others and inhibits the discovery of the true inner workings of our universe, I would fight against it.

I mean, "love one another" is some good advice.

A positive, world-changing mindset should be the end goal of religion. If those who are more religious than I want to attribute that mindset to the Christian God or some other entity, knock yourselves out. Ultimately, I believe that spiritual development is important in some capacity, and different cultures have different terms and explanations for very similar concepts.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Unitarian Universalism is pretty close, but all n' all I don't really have a religion.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I believe in dragons whose behavior is mandated by Jupiter all the way from the Mount Everest!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
that's well and good, but where are the dragsons?!

What!? You don't know where the dragons are? Haven't you ever seen a fire? Just because you can't see dragons doesn't mean they don't exist! They are there in spirit, by every fire. Haven't you ever heard the good old question of 'do you believe in the wind?' in response to your remarks of atheism? So, since you believe in the wind, you must also believe in dragons. God exists, you can't see him, but you can feel him; just like you can't see the wind, but you certainly can feel it! Nothing is different for dragons, you can't see them but you better believe that you can feel them and what greater evidence is there for their existence than fire! Come on, floods that happened in homosexual infested towns recently, in Sodom and Gomorrah and of course the fact that Noah's Arc has been discovered is sufficient evidence for Jehovah's existence! So, we must conclude that just as truly as we observe God's power in the flood, we definitely observe the amazing power of dragons in every great forest fire that we see! You arrogant, ungrateful twit! You should count yourself blessed for the fact that you can use fire to cook and at your camping ground; how dare you refuse to acknowledge the dragons for this privelege that you have!?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Considering conversion to Church of the Subgenius...