• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't have one. I Don't really need it.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm an agnostic but I regularly attend a Lutheran church because my mother is Christian. It's one of the joys of being a twenty-year-old commuter student.:rolli: It does get me out and about though and comes with the occasional gathering with good food and decent company, so I can't really complain. That and I sing in the choir. Buddhism fascinates me, as does other eastern philosophy, but my knowledge on the subject is rather limited in my opinion.

Manis

MBTI Type
INFP
I like how the author of this thinks: Between God and atheism: Why I am a 'possibilian' - 22 September 2010 - New Scientist

I really think that this kind of scientific agnosticism is the only logical position to take. People can have believe in anything they want, it's usually pretty harmless and can give a person comfort, guidance and meaning in their lives (this also applies to atheists) but faith isn't proof. Faith isn't supposed to require proof. Creationist 'theories' and similar defenses of religion are unnecessary if people's faith is strong enough, amirite? And if it is too weak to withstand scientific and logical attacks then perhaps it isn't worth defending.

Mole

Permabanned
The Mytho-Poetic West

I sit on a stool with four legs - Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment.

All four are under attack at the present time and so I rally to protect my heritage.

And what a heritage it is - freedom, equality, plenty and the wonder of scientific discovery.

In short I would say my religion is the mytho-poetic West.