User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Non-denominational Christian. Hubby and I stopped going to Church because of pretty extreme Evangelicals. We're pretty much considered unsaved by them. I couldn't stand it anymore. bleh.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP

origional by Eileen:

HOLLA!

I've done time with the Methodist set too. I've got fondness for those confused/misplaced Anglicans...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ivy
    We need to rap.
    Can somebody say PRAISE BAND????
    Indeed I can as I was in one playing violin in College. Though admitedly most "praise music" still drives me nuts, I have gotten pretty used to it.

I noticed there were a couple of episcopalians on the thread already which is pretty cool for so few people on the thread total. It is interesting how many NFs are in church. Almost all the people in our college group are NFs: 2 INFJs, 2 INFPs, and a1 ENFP, I know for sure and two other people I think are a INFP and a ENFJ... also there some occasional members that I have no idea of their type.
    Rob

"And if you hear vague traces of skipping reels of rhyme,
    To your tambourine in time.
    It's just a ragged clown behind,
    I wouldn't pay it any mind,
    It's just a shadow you're seeing that he's chasing."

-From "Mr. Tambourine Man"
    by Bob Dylan

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Buddhist/Confuscianism.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Theist solipsist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by macjoven View Post
    Indeed I can as I was in one playing violin in College. Though admitedly most "praise music" still drives me nuts, I have gotten pretty used to it.
    I dislike most of it. We don't do "contemporary" praise music at my church much; it's a nice eclectic mix of the good old hymns and some newer ones, but none of that cheesy stuff. Very Sufjan in flavor. We had a "bluegrass mass" once that I was dreading (I tend to be fairly old-school when it comes to church music) but it was actually very nice.

I noticed there were a couple of episcopalians on the thread already which is pretty cool for so few people on the thread total. It is interesting how many NFs are in church. Almost all the people in our college group are NFs: 2 INFJs, 2 INFPs, and a1 ENFP, I know for sure and two other people I think are a INFP and a ENFJ... also there some occasional members that I have no idea of their type.
    Our church is full of NFs and a generous sprinkling of NTs.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Our church is more of an "S-centered" one... lots of good ol' country folk who like to roll up their sleeves and do something. (Very good with 'acts of service' and all that.) But all three pastors and me are N's... the one who leads worship now is ENFP.

Most of the popular worship leaders around right now (focusing more on the abst
    ract and mystical interactions with God) are N's and lean towards the NF crowd, although you'll find some NTs in there.

sorry, tangent. Hope that wasn't too personal for you-known-who.

Quote Originally Posted by ferunandesu View Post
    Theist solipsist.
    That's an interesting combination -- can you explain it a little more?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Pfft

I'm a Rhuist. We're a new and exciting cult who really stand to go places in this world. If you're interested, please contact me privately for further information.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post
    I'm a Rhuist. We're a new and exciting cult who really stand to go places in this world. If you're interested, please contact me privately for further information.
    Sounds like a ground-floor opportunity to join the upper ranks of the hierarchy in the Rhuist pyramid scheme cult.

Can I be the Archangel? Then I can brag that there's a port in Russia named after me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Sounds like a ground-floor opportunity to join the upper ranks of the hierarchy in the Rhuist pyramid scheme cult.
    "Hi, I'm Rhu Barb selling Rhamway products. This is Rhu diMentary -- he just joined and came along to be educated."

Wait... I bet we've stumbled upon a secret branch of the Illrhuminati! And I bet Rhupert Murdock is a member.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

lol, I hate praise music except for the purpose of ironic religious expression.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.