• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unitarian Universalism

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet a lot of NFs, especially NFPs, would love it.

G

garbage

I bet a lot of NFs, especially NFPs, would love it.

I kind of thought so, too. And if it helps, I also identify with ENTJ pretty well ;)

I've determined that UU is the best label for my spiritual beliefs. I fully believe that we are all free to choose our own spiritual path and draw influence and guidance from many different sources. That's the most "specific" I can get when searching for an absolute truth that applies to everyone.

On a more personal level, I've been influenced by many eastern religions on top of being raised in a Christian environment. I'm affiliated with three different Christian churches, and my beliefs aren't exactly in line with most others in those groups. I don't truly believe in Christ as the one son of God, and my perception of "God" is closer to that provided by Spinozism. I treat the Bible and other texts as collections of loose allegories and distilled wisdom. But I wouldn't be affiliated with these groups if I didn't get something out of them nonetheless.

I hold a lot of "Christian-like" beliefs, such as waiting to truly get to know someone before sex in a relationship (though not necessarily marriage) and following the example of the kind and caring Jesus, because I've seen personal truth in it. I don't take on any belief without questioning its value first.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have a problem with the UU church. It's not against anyone, it's just my own personal problem:

I have attended a UU church a few times, and I never connect spiritually. I feel like it's all food for your head, it's not the loving spiritual comfort that I am looking for. I feel like the UU church feeds the mind with knowledge, and not the soul.

I have been to the Unity Church, different from the Unitarian Universalist Church, and I love it there. They believe and use a lot of different religious ideas, which I like. The use a lot of metaphysical concepts, and focus around meditation and having an intimate relationship with God, it feeds my soul, and I feel most spiritually high when I am attended services.

But nothing against any UU-goers. It's just my little problem, and other people shouldn't care. I have a lot of cool friends who go to the UU church, but most are NT. I can't think of any NFs. NFs, especially at young ages, usually attend normal Christian masses, and expand when they're away from their parents.