• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Management of your Imperfection

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hurt, then attentive, dismissive, then movin' on.

That sounds arrogant, but I finally got so tired of turning myself inside out to please people, I decided to be myself (when I finally figured out who that was) :) I pay attention to see if there's any validity to the critizism, if there is, to work on it. If not, dismiss and move on.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
"Imperfection"? What is the meaning of this word?

I'm kidding. I'd say that my basic strategy is trying to *be aware* of my imperfections, so I can catch myself etc. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, but I try. Or, I try to try.

Sigh.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I am all for constructive criticism and appreciate my ISTP buddy who is so bluntly honest with me she'll state her opinion when asked.
I value her rational and objective view, and is one of the few I can trust on being honest.

But if you criticize me for who I am, you'd be doing the same as stabbing me.
I know many of my weaknesses and am constantly working on them. But I would lie if I said I wasn't sensitive about them.
Including being sensitive about my weaknesses :laugh:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you react to the judgement of other people?
Of your faults.

Are you ashamed or irritated, or both, or neither?

I recognize their action of judging me, knowing that's not their job. I sit back and watch how far they decide to take themselves in the wrong direction.

I mean, if they focus on getting my attention, I give it to them within reason.

I suppose their idea is that I listen, observe and learn. It just depends...I'm not quite sure if they look to me to change..But after awhile a pygmalion project will become apparent.

I sometimes, in return, will ask questions wondering if they are going see that they don't have right-of-way in my domain.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am all for constructive criticism and appreciate my ISTP buddy who is so bluntly honest with me she'll state her opinion when asked.

I agree with Tibby....it is acceptable if andwhen asked! :)

pure_sterling

MBTI Type
INFP
^^^^ agreed. Also, what is this persons motivation for the critisism? Is it realy to benifit you or is there another purpose, do they gain in any way, do they even have enough knowledge to make a judgement? I'm honestly harder on myself in most aspects. People that I know and believe have wisdom I will usualy ask for critisism or advice, and they, knowing me well, will be truthfull which I appreciate. I usualy get these people, along my own opinion to, to filter out the BS.