• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've decided I don't like and resent...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whoa...how delicate my sensitivities are haha. i stopped it at 1 min. that's crazy!! pure and utter craziness...kid needs to be admitted or at least made to do w/o...wtf!?

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
It seems I'm one of the rare few people I know these days who admits she likes facebook. I communicate with my friends almost completely online, mainly through email and facebook. Of course we meet each other in person, all the time. But we arrange our meetings online. Facebook doesn't prevent us from seeing each other in real life (as many complain it does). In fact it was facebook that actually helped me connect more often with those whom I might never have connected much with.

I find the phone an intrusion. I don't like having to answer it when it rings. And I don't like it when I'm talking with someone and the other person goes on and on and on when I really want to get off the phone to do other things. And without technology, we'd all be knocking each other's doors to call in person, surprising one another at our homes at any hour of the day.

G

garbage

I just kind of see things like instant messaging as ways to talk to people when I can't be around them physically. I love being around people, but I just can't be around them all the time.. so, there's the next best thing.

.. .. or, wait, was this thread supposed to be about things that we don't like and resent? :doh:

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I love technology.

So do I. My shunning of certain methods of communication is due solely to laziness. I feel nothing negative towards those who love Facebook etc. In fact I sort of admire them.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think it's funny. We use these devices to become more socially available but in reality it makes us more anti-social. I mean before high speed internet became popular my family used to eat dinner together every night. Now we microwave our poorly made meals and curl up with a laptop, each of us in different rooms. I mean, I myself am not a very social person but I find our reliance on these technologies to be rather disturbing.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I'm only on Facebook so people will stop calling me. Seriously, it's awkward!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've recently been persuaded to join Facebook. I guess this means I officially have a social life now...

Previously I never bothered as I wouldn't really have a use for it. Well, clearly I would have a use for it, but it wasn't necessary, so I never joined.