• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2012- Where Ends Meet, and People Freak!?

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP
As a subject that many people have views on what are your views about it?
Google it if you dont know about it. Anyways Nostradamus is a very compelling concept to grasp ahold of and to interpret. Do you feel the world will end? Do you feel nothing will happen? Do you just not give a damn? Anyways whats your take on the subject of nostradamus, 2012, or world epic ends?:coffee:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If you look back there is always something that is going to "end the world"

This would be a good poll :p

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP
This would be a good poll :p

Touche! .... ah well lol

It is quite wierd how someone 100's of years ago predicted many things that have come true though, especially the whole jousting thing. But in other perspectives of people, when someone overthinks a concept, in a way it can relate to any and everything

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
No doubt some people will behave just as they did new years eve 1999 lol or all the other well predicted end of world dates that have passed time and time again.

Personally I can see myself waking up the following day and going through the regular motions just like any other day because I am not a believer, not by a long shot. ;)

When it all turns out ok, people will say it is been misinterpretated yet again, push back the date to another date they are sure is the right one, and the cycle will repeat again.

What I find fascinating is mankinds need to have an end of world date. Where does that come from?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Touche! .... ah well lol

It is quite wierd how someone 100's of years ago predicted many things that have come true though, especially the whole jousting thing. But in other perspectives of people, when someone overthinks a concept, in a way it can relate to any and everything

First I want to say that I think that this 2012 thing is pure nonsense.

I don't think that this is that much strange since thousands for people were thinking and it is no mirracle that a few of them managed to guess.

One the other hand what they have guessed in most cases is not a guess.
They have only guessed that the world will be getting stronger technologically.

All of their hypothesises are just some generalistic statements that can be apply to many things that can happen in the next few centuries.

I am not impressed.

Plus I am sceptical that some of the things that are correct guesses were actually said by those "great" men. Since it would not be a problem to edit the idea through out the centuries.

Mole

Permabanned
As a subject that many people have views on what are your views about it?
Google it if you dont know about it. Anyways Nostradamus is a very compelling concept to grasp ahold of and to interpret. Do you feel the world will end? Do you feel nothing will happen? Do you just not give a damn? Anyways whats your take on the subject of nostradamus, 2012, or world epic ends?:coffee:

Surely it's a religious view - if God created the world, God can bring the world to an end.

But most of all, it is a teleological view - that history has a direction and so a denouement.

But even deeper, it is a literate view - a book has a beginning and an end, and we follow each line from the beginning to the end.

The counter view, of course, is that the world is cyclical - it cycles the millennia over and over again so there is no beginning and no end.

But the reality is that no one can tell the future except, strangely enough, demographers.

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP
Well i think that the people who interpreted that context put to much thought into it. my belief is that "the World we know is gonna end" doesnt mean that some comet we cant see is going to slam into earth, but more on a political or some worldwide reformation level. Something that integrates all our values into a worldwide standard, denotating the end of the world as we know it.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well i think that the people who interpreted that context put to much thought into it. my belief is that "the World we know is gonna end" doesnt mean that some comet we cant see is going to slam into earth, but more on a political or some worldwide reformation level. Something that integrates all our values into a worldwide standard, denotating the end of the world as we know it.

Agreed. I see it exactly how you stated your thoughts too. If ANYTHING there is going to be a reformation, politically. Even then, who really knows?

In some other way that people are interpreting 2012.. seems like it's just another "OMG Hitler is the Anti Christ! The world is coming to an end!" "OMG! Y2K!!! When 2000 hits it's going to be over!" "OMG! Bush is the Anti Christ! The world is coming to an end!" You get what I'm saying. Haha. And I don't believe it will be the "end of the world." I hope not anyways. CARPE DIEM!!!!!!

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP
man i remember the y2k hype that was an "lol fail event" in my opinion but i think that world reformation would do the world good, it could have its drawbacks but i think that it has good point and bad point just like everything else does in life. I remember when i had a conversation with someone random about the pope being the anti christ, it was a very intersting conversation mind you.* I like the idea how the people interpreted the predictions the nostradamus made such as the twin towers falling and everything. That and also the way he did his predictions by going into some kinda of trance and stuff lol.

*= no pun intended, not meant to offend anyone

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I love that stuff too. The Bible Code hoax is particularly fascinating to me. We've got the Lucifer Code (bar code 666) and all kinds of interesting things going on.

My mom told me a story once about some settlers in a town nearby us whose minister preached to them the predicted end of the world and they were to give away all their earthly goods and wait on the Lord. After the date passed they had to depend on the kindness (and rationality) of their neighbors to subsist.

Geez, we all know it doesn't work that way at all.

Our earthly goods will be taken away from us! Heh.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
the entire earth and life as we know it could be destroyed in a blink of an eye by some sort of solar energy or space matter, why would this scare anybody? when we have far more advanced technology now that finds no reasonable explanation why we should expect some major even in 2012, i dont see why anyone would give so much credit to a mystic or an ancient calendar system.

even if something does happen, there is no way for us to know what it would be and therefore no reason to think about it until it happens.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Let
A = Credible people predicting that the world will end within a certain timeframe.
B = Credible people predicting that the world will not end within the same timeframe.

If
A/(A+B) >= 0.5
Then
Panic
Else
Continue

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
What I find fascinating is mankinds need to have an end of world date. Where does that come from?

It's a relief to know that it is ending and there is nothing to do.

I think it would be best if they found out that some big rock is heading this way and it will be here in a week. It would appear on the night sky and we could just watch it and see how pretty it is. Everyone would be free of all worry, since it is too close and there isn't enough time to react. Drinking wine on a sofa on the backyard. That's the way to go.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sure that the birth of my grandmother caused the Titanic to sink in 1912 so I wouldn't be surprised if her 100th birthday caused an apocolypse. Other than that the 2012 thing is a hoax.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?

I think it would be best if they found out that some big rock is heading this way and it will be here in a week. It would appear on the night sky and we could just watch it and see how pretty it is. Everyone would be free of all worry, since it is too close and there isn't enough time to react. Drinking wine on a sofa on the backyard. That's the way to go.

It's funny that you mention that!... A "new" comet is orbiting the sun right now,(Comet Lulin)and it's closest approach to earth will be in roughly two and a half weeks from now... Hmmm:huh:

As for the end of the world as we know it in 2012,... Bring it on, we need some change. As far as I know, or from what I have read the Mayan calender is supposed to end on December 21st, 2012. Coincidentally it is the same time our Solar System will travel through our Galactic plain, or what the Mayans called "The Dark Rift"... I also read somewhere that the Mayans were lunatics!... *No pun intended*

Snow Turtle

the entire earth and life as we know it could be destroyed in a blink of an eye by some sort of solar energy or space matter, why would this scare anybody? when we have far more advanced technology now that finds no reasonable explanation why we should expect some major even in 2012, i dont see why anyone would give so much credit to a mystic or an ancient calendar system.

even if something does happen, there is no way for us to know what it would be and therefore no reason to think about it until it happens.

A magnetic flip would be rather awesome and devasting at the same time. :)
Otherwise... Yeah I just view it as the changing of the age. Mystic maya would say moving into the age of the aqarius.

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP

I think that a event such ass that would bring the world together as a whole, because we would all know that were F***ed, i wouldn't think of a better way to go than chilling with friends, and partying for a week watching our very own demise. I agree with everything that you said...... FTW hahaha

Honestly what would you do in that event? Seriously!