• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the most sublime philosophical / spiritual idea or concept?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
consciousness is not nearly as magical as you make it sound. the average computer right now has the power of a bee. the best ones we have, have the brain power of a mouse. computing power is the only thing holding us back. I do believe one day we will be able to reduce a "conscious" computer down the way we built it, no magic required.

i have a lot more to say...but i have to go to the gym now :D (so please understand that im not purposely pulling a "because i said so"...i just cant type everything out right now)

:)
Dude, I'm bouncing ideas here. And I do so because you're idea is almost a 1:1 image of my own.
And please, don't be condescendent : P, I'm not talking magic, I'm just trying to lead you to the question of the relation between the basic structure and the dimension. If Pi is the ratio between a circle's diameter and circonference there must be such a stable sub property of structure that explains things such as emergence. Which is of course a concept we use to identify what might ultimately be a property of structure that doesn't seem obvious if one only use a more additional model (which you don't think it's geometry so rather multiplicative if u catch my drift (more than dimension) but I guess you see my point).

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Precisely. Like cutting off your toes so your shoes fit, and exclaiming - they fit!
So what is your solution ?

Because so far I don't see it. Show positive comprehension rather than negating, negating is easy because ANYTHING that is physical can be questioned in it's existence and properties. and then existence and property can be questioned, and reduced to 'inexact so wrong'. And so on. This is SELF EVIDENT

I realise you probably are used to get away with some low level wits but that just won't cut it with me.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
"An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight... the truly wise person is colorblind."

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
So what is your solution ?

I have none and don't pretend to.

[/QUOTE]Because so far I don't see it. Show positive comprehension rather than negating, negating is easy because ANYTHING that is physical can be questioned in it's existence and properties. and then existence and property can be questioned, and reduced to 'inexact so wrong'. And so on. This is SELF EVIDENT[/QUOTE]

That's a good point.

[/QUOTE]I realise you probably are used to get away with some low level wits but that just won't cut it with me.[/QUOTE]

That's not.

Whether my "low level wits [sic]" amuse you or otherwise is entirely your business.

All the best.:hug:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I can be a bit harsh sorry about that.
And yeah actually, few people remember that in fact, the universe is not geometry is not math, the universe is not a set of discrete 'things'. The universe just IS the universe the rest (and even the forementioned statement) is just the very imperfect human way of grasping thing.

I just didn't want the talk to get into the whole 'if the tools aren't perfect let's not answer the question'.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
i fucking adore this thread, synarch. keep the contributions coming, everyone. : )

"the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving"

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"A dog is not considered a good dog, if he is a good barker. (-A man is not considered a good man, if he is a good talker.)"

Speaks for itself. One little metaphor that houses an entire idealism. What matters most is not the appearance of someone. But the integrity of someone.