• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus Loves Me!

cosmicdancer

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was feeling a bit down and lonely yesterday, so I decided to go into town (Oxford) and visit as many pubs as I could.

As I came out of one pub and headed for another, a man smiled at me and said:

"Jesus loves you my friend."

"Who me?" I said, nearly stumbling over.

The guy gave me some leaflets from "The Redeemed Christian Church of God" with info about special events and programmes etc...

I hate religion - all religions. I spent a great deal of my life in a religion and I want NOTHING more to do with any of them.

But for a moment I felt like going with him to whatever meeting. Just so that there might be some people who would be interested in me, give me some attention, affection, and even love.

Don't laugh - I know it's so stupid.

Of course that's what attracts many people to religion - lost lonely and unhappy souls, looking for attention, to be part of a group and of course - the love of Jesus.

:(

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus has always loved you. Glad you've found something to make you happy. :)

darlets

All the atheists on the planet have always loved you too. :wubbie: We're just not prepared to harass you about it.

Richard Dawkins works in Oxford, go hang out with him. Acutally there's plenty of atheist societies over there.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
All the atheists on the planet have always loved you too. :wubbie: We're just not prepared to harass you about it.

Richard Dawkins works in Oxford, go hang out with him. Acutally there's plenty of atheist societies over there.

Agreed from another athiest here. :wubbie:

Cosmic dancer I know exactly how you feel, when I first left islam like you I was so lost, the community connection had vanished and my name became dust never to be mentioned again amongst people I had loved once.

I remember walking past a church once and considering going in, just to feel connected to something again, but my hatred of all things religious, especially abrahamic stopped me, pretending to believe wasn't worth the human connection it could offer.

Don;t feel ashamed of any feelings you get on your journey, it gets easier and you learn to live with the loss after awhile. Make new connections with people who understand, who accept you no matter what your beliefs, when you are ready, after all it''s no rush.

I understand though, really I do. :hug:

cosmicdancer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Agreed from another athiest here. :wubbie:

Cosmic dancer I know exactly how you feel, when I first left islam like you I was so lost, the community connection had vanished and my name became dust never to be mentioned again amongst people I had loved once.

I remember walking past a church once and considering going in, just to feel connected to something again, but my hatred of all things religious, especially abrahamic stopped me, pretending to believe wasn't worth the human connection it could offer.

Don;t feel ashamed of any feelings you get on your journey, it gets easier and you learn to live with the loss after awhile. Make new connections with people who understand, who accept you no matter what your beliefs, when you are ready, after all it''s no rush.

I understand though, really I do. :hug:

I know you understand Sahara.

Yes the hardest thing right now is the loss of community, friends and family.

When the kids were here I was busy with chores and routines.

Now the kids have gone to stay with their mum during the holiday... WHAM I feel sooooo alone.

Really isolated.

Even my old friend (mo) doesn't want to talk to me because I left Islam - even though he is not exactly a 'good' Muslim.

I just feel so alienated from everything I knew for all those years.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jesus loves you. And if you don't love him back, then he gets jealous and throws you into a fiery pit.

cosmicdancer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Jesus loves you. And if you don't love him back, then he gets jealous and throws you into a fiery pit.

lol.

The very idea of Hell is just mind boggling.

It is one of the reasons I rejected Islam.

Of course modern Christians, Jews and even some modern Muslims, will say that Hell is just a metaphore - an allegory for the suffering one faces as a result of the 'realization' that one has hurt others.

But clearly that was not what Moses, Jesus or Muhammad described all those hundreds of years ago.

That's the updated PC version.