• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you found out that you only have 6 months to live, what would you do?

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
List 5 things or more that you would try to do, before kicking the bucket.

Lozzy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I want six:

• Visit S.E. Asia
  • Write a letter to each of my closest friends/loved ones and explain to them how uniquely awesome they are. With diagrams.
  • Read the 'Bardo Thodol' to ensure a good rebirth. Maybe recruit some monks for the big day to be doubly safe.
  • Learn to give without the expectation of receiving. Practice true kindness.
  • Have many short lived passionate love-affairs.
  • Leave a mark on the world

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
I guess people don't like thinking about this kinda thing... :)

1) write a will, make some sort of video for my kids and family.
2) visit places all over the world.
3) quit my job and volunteer for as many organizations as possible.
4) create something that people can remember me by. (artistic)
5) start a revolution. :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I found out I had 6 months to live I wouldn't really care about a list.

After initially arguing with every doctor who’ll listen to me demanding this be ‘fixed’ than curling up in the fetal position and losing it, I'd quit my job, pack up my home and sell everything, I'd organise a grand yet casual get-together with all the people I care about and open all the wine I've been saving for special occasions to have one last bang before I told people. Than I'd write a letter to those I cared about saying just that.

I’d quit playing it safe and worrying about responsibilities, I'd travel overseas to South America or Africa or SE Asia once and I’d drag my sisters with me making sure we lived each experience to its fullest, I’d spend time with my nephew in an effort to leave a lasting impression, than when time was running low I’d find a nice place away from civilisation by the beach, invite my friends and family and spend the rest of my time talking, crying, laughing, reminiscing, drinking and crying some more with those I care about.

Damn how depressing.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Okay I am very looking forward to the day I have to leave; not because I don't like my life, but because I am just curious what happens after and also because I am not afraid of dying. BUT honestly it wouldn't fit my plans if I died in 6 months from now already, because there is quite a few things I still need to do. And 6 months just aren't enough to achieved all those things.

None the less, here my "To Do List"

~ I would immediately go to Japan to see a Hanami

~ I would go and visit all the people that mean very much to me (which means: some of you guys here). And I wouldn't even care if I had to fly across the globe 10 times.

~ I would tell all the people I know or have ever known how I feel about them; even the ones that I don't have contact with anymore. Since I am very honest and direct, people know how I think about them, but I would like to tell it to them once more. I guess you would call that "coming clean".

~ I would gather all my stuff, especially all the things I wrote and are filled with knowledge and make sure that somebody that is worth it (which reminds me of exactly 1 person) gets them. That would be the "Gargoyles Legacy" I guess.

~ I would fight the reason that makes me die within 6 months. I am a fighter, always have been. I would fight it because 6 months are not enough to finish all the stuff I have started, and leaving like this would bother me a lot. If I seriously can't make my stay here longer, I guess I would have to find somebody to do that for me then. (and again, there is 1 person only capable of that)

Heh, so I guess I would kinda work my butt off during the last 6 months. What a great way to go. :D

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
COOL This is extremely interesting. Thanks for all the feedback, keep it comin...:)

Every day I think I might die, but I don't do any of that stuff, which is kinda sad, although I think if I got a real verdict I would do it.

I guess we live our life thinking that we'll have time to do all the things we really want to do, so therefore we push it off.

Then I guess the worst thing that could happen, is just dieing suddenly, cause then we never get the chance to really do all that we ever dreamed of. It's just over in a split second.

Maybe thats why I am starting to think maybe I should just do what I really want to do NOW before who knows...

I know this is kinda digressing, so maybe you could add this to your list.
i.e Your thoughts on the subject...

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Personally I don't wait with stuff to do it. I finish it as soon as I can, but there is just stuff you can't finish just yet. I mean let's say you want to have a nice husband and maybe a family some day...All I could do for that is to keep my eyes open for the "right guy". It's not that you can go and say "Okay, so...until next week I wanna find a husband". I mean if you want some real thing at least.

Also, some stuff just needs more than just one set of work. For example if you plan to have an awesome job somewhen, with an own company. You first have to learn the basics about your job, then you have to practice, then somewhen you have enough money to make your own business etc. So soms stuff just has a few little checkpoints until you achieve the big thing.

I am not sure how others do it, but personally I try to work on something every day. But then...you haven't seen my "To Do List". :D

Winz

MBTI Type
ISTP
1- Abandon all worries and be a bit more reckless.

2- make a video of some sort for each person that means alot to me (that was a good idea.. i had to steal it)

3- travel the world

4- make a positive difference in someone's life who is less fortunate

5- repent.

I swear I'm not a feeler... Shh.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably start behaving in a risky manner in hopes that something else would take me out before the 6 months- for some odd reason dying in a freak accident seems signifigantly more appealing to me than having a set deadline of when I was going to die :doh:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Get seriously addicted to heroin.

I hear you look and feel great for about 6 months.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think I'd save that for the last month. Or maybe do it in the first month, just to see if I could handle the withdrawals.

you'd waste what time you have on something you very well may fail at?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ROAD TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!! :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Absolutely. It'd give me something else to think about.

i find it hard to believe that you can't think of anything else to distract you. something which wouldn't be a waste even if you failed.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
i find it hard to believe that you can't think of anything else to distract you. something which wouldn't be a waste even if you failed.

I've seen a lot of the world, and am not particularly keen on leaving a legacy. If I failed at giving up heroin, I'd be on heroin again. Which I don't think would be the worst thing in the world in that situation. It's either that or get spiritual/religious. Which isn't particularly appealing atm.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen a lot of the world, and am not particularly keen on leaving a legacy. If I failed at giving up heroin, I'd be on heroin again. Which I don't think would be the worst thing in the world in that situation. It's either that or get spiritual/religious. Which isn't particularly appealing atm.

there are more than just those two choices! i'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, it's just that, well, i guess i expected something deeper out of one's LAST six months than a single experiment. even if it was deeper in the sense that more than one experiment would be conducted simultaneously. just seems so limiting. almost like dying before dying.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
there are more than just those two choices! i'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, it's just that, well, i guess i expected something deeper out of one's LAST six months than an experiment. even if it was deeper in the sense that more than one experiment would be conducted simultaneously. just seems so limiting. almost like dying before dying.

Deeper? What do you mean? My understanding is that heroin is a pretty intense and consuming experience. Does that qualify as "deep"? I wouldn't regard quitting heroin as an "experiment". I'd regard it as an experience as intense as the heroin itself. I don't think I'd be particularly interested in experiments with 6 months left.

Give us your top 1, digest. Lemme see where you're coming from here.