• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life Control Percentage

How much control you have over your own life?

• 0 %

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 10 %

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 %

• 30 %

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 40 %

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 50 %

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 60 %

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 70 %

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 80 %

• 90 %

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 100 %

• Total voters

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
How much do you control your life?

I see myself controlling my life only by subtly directing it. It's more like an attitude than control. There are so many things beyond my control. Some things I decide not to control. Some decisions have a huge effect, but usually side effects I wasn't planning for.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'd say 90%-95%, I do not believe in not having control over ones own life. I believe in giving that control up or not pursuing it enough, or just simply miscalculations, but I do not believe in fate.

But in essence, I believe life is controllable.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*sigh* not all that much... I survive whatever comes my way, but I'm not exactly the type to go around directing things. Job opportunities present themselves to me, for instance.

I beleive in luck because my life is generally just a string of odd coincidences and occurances generally.

Not much control, but I'm guessing that it would be a lot less interesting if I was in control of everything about it- the thrill of life is it's unpredictability, isn't it? :)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'd say 90%-95%, I do not believe in not having control over ones own life. I believe in giving that control up or not pursuing it enough, or just simply miscalculations, but I do not believe in fate.

I don't feel like I am determined or anything, I just think the random stuff is influencing my life more than I am.

With or without determinism?

What do you mean?

Not much control, but I'm guessing that it would be a lot less interesting if I was in control of everything about it- the thrill of life is it's unpredictability, isn't it? :)

I'm thinking much the same way. Would this be an example of me and you giving up control while Darjur haven't?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't feel like I am determined or anything, I just think the random stuff is influencing my life more than I am.

This is why I asked. Since determinism is scientific and observable.

But if you want a talk about everday life you will get one.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I am basically talking about everyday control, about shaping your life to something you wish. A life long everyday control, I guess.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Things tend to go the way I'd like them to, and I feel like a lucky person to this point.

I don't know if this is a result of my own control over myself and situations or simply the ability to enjoy life whatever it might throw at me. I guess it must be the latter. I realize that I can't really control life, maybe just the additude that I have towards it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is why I asked. Since determinism is scientific and observable.

Oh no you didn't. Determinism doesn't exist. Systems and individuals behave differently. Chaos and quantum etc bla bla bla

I believe I have 80% of control over my life.The other 20% being lack of monetary independence.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's about 50/50 for me. I mean, there's always the stuff out of the blue. But basically I think I have both hands on the wheel and I'm watching where I'm going. Mostly it involves staying out of lots of things in the first place.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
0% and 100% -- like you I believe in choosing an attitude as 'control'--in which way I can take complete responsibility of my life. And yet, of course, who I am has been very greatly determined by forces outside of my control--the environment, my genetics, etc.

S

Sniffles

But in essence, I believe life is controllable.

Such delusion..............

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Control over the things that happen in my life *shrug* sometimes complete control sometimes seemingly none, I do however have 100% control over my reactions.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I do however have 100% control over my reactions.

You control your reactions completely? I haven't met anyone with such power. If I hit you, can you decide that your body doesn't react to that in any way? Your reflexes are only one example of how you are unable to control yourself completely. Or, do you count reflexes and anything unconscious to also be your reaction? That's not really control, is it?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd say I control about 70% of my life, because that's all I can really control without running up against limitations.

I leave the other 30% open to avoid stress that might occur from trying to control everything, and just sort of up in the air so that if anything comes up, I can deal with it then.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

No.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You control your reactions completely? I haven't met anyone with such power. If I hit you, can you decide that your body doesn't react to that in any way? Your reflexes are only one example of how you are unable to control yourself completely. Or, do you count reflexes and anything unconscious to also be your reaction? That's not really control, is it?

How I perceive a situation and how I chose to react emotionally. My instinctual reflexes may knee you but I have control over if I choose to get angry with you or not.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
How I perceive a situation and how I chose to react emotionally. My instinctual reflexes may knee you but I have control over if I choose to get angry with you or not.

You believe you can choose if you want to feel a certain emotion or not? If that was possible, I'd choose to feel happy all the time.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You believe you can choose if you want to feel a certain emotion or not?

I can choose what emotion to have in response to each specific situation. I can't stop bad stuff happening.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have absolutely no control over what happens in my life or the people in my life and I don't care to. What I work on (daily) is being in charge of what I think and how I act. Sometimes I do that well, other days less well.