• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Low- Self Esteem and Spirituality

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
I came in a phase in life, where I ask myself fundamental questions about it.
After thinking long about my problems etc. i have reached the conclusion that for many "problems" in my life is the very low self esteem... trying to find innere peace a passion in life is inpossible if you do not life you life and feel comfortable with self, if you have negative thoughts... what do you think?

Creating values and helping others did not helped me vey much from that because being ncie but not assertive is quiet bad for a men
Values are relative. Being good to people is relative. If you do good to people, if you threat them nice, but there is still hate how to act??

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think a sense of spirtuality is necessarily a cure for a low-esteem but it is certainly a source of peace and maybe even of place where your ego is dissolved and so low-esteem is less troublesome.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
my self esteem is average, but can be low at some times..and I think that too much of the here and now influences our self esteem, and spirituality is based on the here and now, and I'm not referring to any Buddist ways, that's diferent..all I'm saying is that spirituality is something that we always have, and it may not mean that we find inner peace, because spirituality is learning to live in harmony with the bad things, the yin and the yang for example..it's not all bright, spirituality..but it can lead you to points in your life where you've never been..some of the happiest places, some of the saddest places..it's just meant to help you cope with things and learn from them..feel from them, and is definitely not a matter of self esteem..that's secondary.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I came in a phase in life, where I ask myself fundamental questions about it.
After thinking long about my problems etc. i have reached the conclusion that for many "problems" in my life is the very low self esteem... trying to find innere peace a passion in life is inpossible if you do not life you life and feel comfortable with self, if you have negative thoughts... what do you think?

Creating values and helping others did not helped me vey much from that because being ncie but not assertive is quiet bad for a men
Values are relative. Being good to people is relative. If you do good to people, if you threat them nice, but there is still hate how to act??

I had low self esteem during the time I was athiest or agnostic, and I have comparatively high self esteem now that I am Christian. My self esteem did not change because of my change in behavior. My self esteem changed, because I started believing that I am valuable to God.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I had low self esteem during the time I was athiest or agnostic, and I have comparatively high self esteem now that I am Christian. My self esteem did not change because of my change in behavior. My self esteem changed, because I started believing that I am valuable to God.

For me it was the other way around, I had zero self esteem as a muslim, but as an atheist my self esteem has improved. Instead of always feeling like I was worthless in the eyes of god, I am learning to see worth in my own eyes.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
If you do good to people, if you threat them nice, but there is still hate how to act??

Try to understand them. When you understand their motives well enough it becomes increasingly hard to hate them. And when you understand your own motives, it becomes hard not to like yourself.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ups and downs are not important in things like that. I'm no F type but I think our state of emotions should not affect what we believe to be the truth in the universe. But then again you have people who's beliefs change with the wind.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
For me it was the other way around, I had zero self esteem as a muslim, but as an atheist my self esteem has improved. Instead of always feeling like I was worthless in the eyes of god, I am learning to see worth in my own eyes.

I suppose it depends on what your concept of God is.