• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you survive without spirituality?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think that you didn't get it but that is alright.

Also I was talking about typical do-good spirituality but I did not say that you are like that, since you are distancing from it since the beginning.

What I am saying in "Inhuman thoughts" thread is that emotions and rational thought don't have a chance to survive on the long run. Both of them will be disapear with time since chances that mankind will surrvive in definitively is 0.
But how will it extinct is is debetable and there is plenty of things that can be said about this.

The only thing that could change this odds is God(s) worshiped by religions.

This is the reason why scientists are attacking the standard/traditional version of spiritulity so much.
That is because modern spirituality is quite undefined and it actually has no real arguments.
The entire thing in general comes down to a situation that people feel warm in their hearts and try to survive the best way they can. What is ok by me, but I think that this can't last far into the future.

Okay, I don't debate the possibility mankind will end in extinction. So I can't really say anything about that. It doesn't matter to me how it happens or when it happens.

So in the end are you saying that it doesn't matter whether we choose to be 'rational' or 'spiritual' (if they oppose each other) since we're all gonna die anyway, and as long as we're comfortable in our hearts it's okay, or are you saying that you believe it's worse to be religious/spiritual, because you might believe that all will be well, but in truth it will not? In which case, I am mostly just trying to make a point that not all spirituality is like that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Now we have come to the place where things starts to be interesting (for me).

Here is why I think that we can't survive and there is only 4 general scenarios.

1. Mankind is destroyed by their own weapons (nukes, biological weapons, chemical weapons or classic warfare to the end)

2. Mankind stays how it is for a long time so the evolution becomes visible and entire species splits on many species because of that. Then those species evolve until you can't even see human form in them or they destroy each other.

3. Mankind is destroyed by natural forces. Forces like viruses, crazy level of tectonic activity, asteroid/comet impact, black hole or neutron stars collision and …….

4. Mankind starts to change itself and its environment so that it could expand through out the universe.

What I find interesting is scenario four, since we still have growth and progress but humanity is no longer there. This would actually be the civilization of machines.
If current rate of progress continues we will be at that level much sooner that it looks.
In inhuman thought I have described it in more detail.

Where will this course of events lead on huge timescales it is impossible to say but I find this idea intriguing.

Why do you use word believe?
This are just my thoughts. If I find something better tomorrow I will discard this ideas.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Now we have come to the place where things starts to be interesting (for me).

Here is why I think that we can't survive and there is only 4 general scenarios.

1. Mankind is destroyed by their own weapons (nukes, biological weapons, chemical weapons or classic warfare to the end)

2. Mankind stays how it is for a long time so the evolution becomes visible and entire species splits on many species because of that. Then those species evolve until you can't even see human form in them or they destroy each other.

3. Mankind is destroyed by natural forces. Forces like viruses, crazy level of tectonic activity, asteroid/comet impact, black hole or neutron stars collision and …….

4. Mankind starts to change itself and its environment so that it could expand through out the universe.

What I find interesting is scenario four, since we still have growth and progress but humanity is no longer there. This would actually be the civilization of machines.
If current rate of progress continues we will be at that level much sooner that it looks.
In inhuman thought I have described it in more detail.

Where will this course of events lead on huge timescales it is impossible to say but I find this idea intriguing.

Why do you use word believe?
This are just my thoughts. If I find something better tomorrow I will discard this ideas.

I see 1 and 3 are possible, number 2 seems less likely as it'd take way too long for us to evolve into something new and we'd be ruined by 1 or 3 before that happens. 4 is also the most interesting to me, but I don't know much about actual progress towards the idea. I think that most scientists believe we cannot subsist on Earth for very long, especially with the way the world population is growing, so expanding into the space seems like a real possibility. But I don't really grasp the idea that humanity would not be there? And how near in the future do you think that it would be possible to achieve 4?

I use the word believe (as opposed to 'know') because I am not certain about having knowledge.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that people are not eware how fast we are going thoward option 4 ithink that insde few decades this transformation will be quite visible.

Since biosphere will crash as it looks the only way to make society succesful will be with help of technology and because of this there will probably be more scientific freedom.

Today when you do scientiific work machines are doing everything for you. Your job is to
to something with data and you can't do anything with out machines since things in which you are interested you not detectable by senses.
X-ray crystallography is one very good example of this. Since it is about using X-rays to determine chemical composition of crystal(s).

Today we already have machines to buld another machines.

That video in inhuman thoughts also shows that the future of army is actually robotics.

Since real AI could be hard to construct human brain could be used as a starting point.
As far as I know first people with artificial arms and legs already walk abound the planet.

More things could be said about this but this is enough to answer your question.
General answer would be : Sooner then you think.