• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If the world were run by MBTI?

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Would Ns be allowed to have drivers liscences?

Any other rules that could be made type based?

Actually, big five research found that bad driving is associated with EXTROVERSION. I think they're more likely to be thrill seekers and risk takers. It's also possible that they become more distracted by things in their environment because of their greater need for external stimulation.

I'm clearly introverted and haven't caused an accident in my 10 years of driving.

T

ThatGirl

I have been in 13+ car accidents. I actually stopped counting a couple years back after thirteen. Always I am reading and driving or eating while talking on the phone and doing my make up. These times I am a scarry but excellent driver.

But when I am just driving................................................................."what!" crash!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have been in 13+ car accidents. Always I am reading and driving or eating while talking on the phone and doing my make up. These times I am a scarry but excellent driver.

But when I am just driving................................................................."what!" crash!

WOMAN !!!!

You are not a alone :)

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have been in 13+ car accidents. I actually stopped counting a couple years back after thirteen. Always I am reading and driving or eating while talking on the phone and doing my make up. These times I am a scarry but excellent driver.

:D I'm not a bad driver but there have definitely been times when I've been driving somewhere I can't remember the entire trip I was too busy thinking about something else!

BetaSwimmer

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey I'm a good driver!!!
Okay so I have issues with highway hypnosis, and oddly enough driving in the sunlight makes it worse...but outside of that I'm a decent driver! And like phoenix said, NP's (and SP's) are actually "hyper-alert" which means we're actually more aware of the entire picture of the road rather than just the two cars in front of us...

And god no...Obama is no ENTP...

So what would you do with the ENTP's who can, generally speaking, (and probably any NP type really,) fill almost any non-repetitive job type?

And how do you keep all the NJ's from trying to out do one another on the law making front?

I mean sure, send the SP's into a little camp ground and have them make all the art (music) and goods for us...(let them deal with the Unions...)

Make the SJ's middle management, overseeing the SP's...maybe...?

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
YOU ARE ALL WRONG!

I'm a great driver, I work as a web designer, and also work for the Army national Guard as infantry.

>:p

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
if our world was run on MBTI at least the education system in the US would be better set up

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If we're going for a miles driven per year to accidents ratio, I'm an awesome driver! :laugh:

xSTJs shouldn't be sensitivity councilors (old joke with best friend)

ENTPs would never be left in a room with unguarded chemicals (other part of the joke)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on whose system? If Si is tertiary for INTP, which is supposedly true with MBTT and socionics, where are you getting the Se from? According to the 8-function orders, it's way down the list, and the INTJs would thus be supposedly superior with Se use.

But INTJs don't seem to care about cool cars, or be as skilled technical drivers as INTPs, in my (admittedly limited) observations.

there are a number of psychologists that use the 4th (the inferior) as being more problematic than any other function...
7th Se for INTP would thus be better drivers than 4th Se INXJs, but still worse than 3rd Se of ENXJs

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
there are a number of psychologists that use the 4th (the inferior) as being more problematic than any other function...
7th Se for INTP would thus be better drivers than 4th Se INXJs, but still worse than 3rd Se of ENXJs
I know of the concept, that the "unconscious" functions are somehow more reliable than the inferior, but I don't find it very believable. I mean, it may well apparently be the case that it "holds true" oftentimes, but my friend Occam says that explanation is complicated and far-fetched.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know of the concept, that the "unconscious" functions are somehow more reliable than the inferior, but I don't find it very believable. I mean, it may well apparently be the case that it "holds true" oftentimes, but my friend Occam says that explanation is complicated and far-fetched.

on the whole i definitely agree that the idea of subcon being better than conscious seems ridiculous.

however, after seeing the enneagram explained as coping mechanisms for inferior functions, the idea of inferior functions began to make more sense to me. Type 8s, inferior Fi. type 7, inferior Si. Type 9, inferior Te...etc... Ne people often being type 7 for example, sort of convinces be that their Si might actaully be their weakest function.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Look the Si is strong in that one :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCOnWuQ6Mj8"]Zauberwürfel[/YOUTUBE]

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
YOU ARE ALL WRONG!

I'm a great driver, I work as a web designer, and also work for the Army national Guard as infantry.

>:p

One exception to the rule proves it wrong. :rolli:

It's not an absolute. Statistically, bad driving was connected with extroversion. Not all extroverts are bad drivers and not all introverts are good drivers.

MBTI Type
INxJ
One beer, officer, I swear to god :D

1154705596.jpg

oh ho ho :D