User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    How in the actual heck did you twist the life of Jesus to this level.............good lord. That's like saying me a childless virgin who cares about children is secretly a sexual predator. Your logic is ridiculous. Why must you keep trolling legitimate discussions like this?
    It is called Critical Thinking, which is almost unknown here. Here we must believe what we are told, lest we be called a troll.

Most come here to feel good, not to practise Critical Thinking. And they punish anyone who dares to Think Critically.

To read Critical Thinking click Critical thinking - Wikipedia.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    How in the actual heck did you twist the life of Jesus to this level.............good lord. That's like saying me a childless virgin who cares about children is secretly a sexual predator. Your logic is ridiculous. Why must you keep trolling legitimate discussions like this?
    It's awful: we have those who can't Think Critically policing those who can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It is called Critical Thinking, which is almost unknown here. Here we must believe what we are told, lest we be called a troll.

Most come here to feel good, not to practise Critical Thinking. And they punish anyone who dares to Think Critically.

Looks more like creative writing to me - also a valuable skill, but a bit off the mark in this discussion.
    Let us go together to that Sea of Stars.
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

Remember that time Mole you decided that everyone who did not agree with you were stalking and trolling you?

Just saying.

I commend your efforts to think critically but I think you could maybe look up rationalizing when you're at it and decide if that is what you've been doing. Good luck with the critical thinking in future. Its a worthy goal.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Well, all of this is nothing unseen.

In other words development and education eventually start to push out traditional forms of religion, that can't really stick upon the increasingly educated population (especially if they are in most traditional form). Therefore you just go in this direction until you reach the point that religious people of all shapes and sizes are a clear minority. Therefore everything suggests that is how it will be with US as well, which seems to be on this path as well. However for the country this is still relatively new development and therefore creates discomfort. Especially since it tilts the two party system.

I'm too sad for pants. Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Not a huge fan of David Frum, but I agree with his thoughts in this thread. It's in response to something Tucker Carlson said, and I think it's an appropriate place to put it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Not a huge fan of David Frum, but I agree with his thoughts in this thread. It's in response to something Tucker Carlson said, and I think it's an appropriate place to put it.

The great replacement theory was created by terrorist, white supremacist and dead neo Nazi David Lane. He took this idea directly from Nazi propaganda - hence the 14 words/88 precepts so revered by the current crop of human garbage. Also see Wotansvolk movement. So I have a REAL issue with David Frum (who should fucking know better as a Jewish person) chalking this up to a rise in secularism. These are two different things, one is an actual threat to everyone, one is no threat at all. David Lane (white supremacist) - Wikipedia

As a side note - JD Vance has chosen the Tucker Carlson White Power Hour lane to drive his senate campaign in. He's already self identified as a nationalist (although I'm surprised that took as long as it did) and that the biggest threat to the universe is cancel culture. There is absolutely no difference in any of these people so I would hope one would no longer attempt to sift the "good conservatives/Republicans/right wingers". How many times do they need to keep proving it?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

I'm too sad for pants. Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The great replacement theory was created by terrorist, white supremacist and dead neo Nazi David Lane. He took this idea directly from Nazi propaganda - hence the 14 words/88 precepts so revered by the current crop of human garbage. Also see Wotansvolk movement. So I have a REAL issue with David Frum (who should fucking know better as a Jewish person) chalking this up to a rise in secularism. These are two different things, one is an actual threat to everyone, one is no threat at all. David Lane (white supremacist) - Wikipedia

As a side note - JD Vance has chosen the Tucker Carlson White Power Hour lane to drive his senate campaign in. He's already self identified as a nationalist (although I'm surprised that took as long as it did) and that the biggest threat to the universe is cancel culture. There is absolutely no difference in any of these people so I would hope one would no longer attempt to sift the "good conservatives/Republicans/right wingers". How many times do they need to keep proving it?
    I admittedly don't know anything about any original "replacement theory." I'd assumed it was about Carlson, and I don't know anything more than he went on some tirade recently about a "great white replacement" or something - which I didn't bother looking into because I don't have the stomach for it. But I'd assumed Frum was being facetious in using "replacement" to basically say the only group that really needs to worry about being wiped/replaced are (pseudo) Christians and that they are doing it to themselves. I kinda saw it as "take a close look at how you're practicing this religion, because you're discrediting it." It's entirely possible I'm wrong.

ETA: I mean, I've been going on this tangent myself the past couple years, after seeing the 2019 Pew polls. So it's possible I'm inserting some of my own thinking into it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I admittedly don't know anything about any original "replacement theory." I'd assumed it was about Carlson, and I don't know anything more than he went on some tirade recently about a "great white replacement" or something - which I didn't bother looking into because I don't have the stomach for it. But I'd assumed Frum was being facetious in using "replacement" to basically say the only group that really needs to worry about being wiped/replaced are (pseudo) Christians and that they are doing it to themselves. I kinda saw it as "take a close look at how you're practicing this religion, because you're discrediting it." It's entirely possible I'm wrong.
    Basically the "Great Replacement", is a far-right conspiracy theory which claims that a global elite is colluding against the white population of Europe to replace them with non-European peoples, written by Renaud Camus and adopted by David Lane for a more American audience. Renaud Camus was a gay icon and his journey from LGBTQ vanguard to this is just bizzare. Anyway I don't think a lot of people are aware but this theory is the core of many mass shootings in recent years.

The 'white replacement theory' motivates alt-right killers the world over | Race | The Guardian

So what Tucker Carlson is doing is just putting this out there in the hopes of another mass shooting of Mexicans shopping at Walmart or Muslims sitting in a mosque or Jews gathering at a synagogue because - "they" are trying to replace you white people. I guarantee there will be someone that attempts or is successful in the coming months that will credit Tucker Carlson speaking on the subject as a motivating factor in their manifesto. I don't see how his commentary can be considered free speech or freedom of the press.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Permabanned

What we do know from the data is that young people are very slowly not joining the major religions.

This slow trend is occurring every year and is accumulative, and it shows no sign of reversing, or being replaced.

Of course some young people are joining popular, not mainstream, religions, but these numbers are proportionately small, and don't reverse the trend of slow attrition.

So the future of Christianity ends not with a bang of the return of the once and future Jesus, but with the whimper of young people slowly slipping away.